Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Vm mobile price increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Vm mobile price increase

Old 27-06-2013, 19:06   #1
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
Vm mobile price increase

Today I received a letter informing me that my mobile phone tariff is going up by 2.9% very annoyed I just agreed to a early upgrade and also less than 2 weeks ago purchased a mobile for my daughter,rung up to complain and they say there is nothing they can do feel totally scammed if this is the start of life with the new owners start worrying going to contact citizens advice and watchdog and can some one please give me the email address of vm head office to complain
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2013, 19:32   #2
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Vm mobile price increase

well in tv bb and phone you can cancel if price goes up not certain if same for mobile would have thought so but not certain
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 19:56   #3
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
well in tv bb and phone you can cancel if price goes up not certain if same for mobile would have thought so but not certain
I thought the same told me I can't I'm tied for 24 months and because I have had the phone over 14 days can't send it back,total disgrace dave42
Old 27-06-2013, 20:00   #4
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Does the usual 28 day grace not apply to phone contract type goods then?

Thought they had to inform new customers of upcoming price increases at the point of sale. I know sky do this with their new signups so figured all providers would be doing the same
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 20:30   #5
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Does the usual 28 day grace not apply to phone contract type goods then?

Thought they had to inform new customers of upcoming price increases at the point of sale. I know sky do this with their new signups so figured all providers would be doing the same
Yer really got mad with them I have paperwork for both phones clearly showing tariff and no mention of price increases I even phoned up yesterday to make sure I was going on the right tariff and she confirmed my new tariff price no mention of a increase total scam,How the hell can this be legal????
Old 27-06-2013, 23:58   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I got a letter too. However 2.9% isn't exactly a lot.
Old 28-06-2013, 00:21   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
No it's not the same. This is from the Virgin Mobile terms

Quote:
5.2 Price changes: We may also change our Charges or introduce new Charges. Unless the change is a significant change as set out in clause 5.3 we will give you 14 days notice of any change to the Charges for the elements of the Services or Additional Services you are using.

5.3 Significant changes: We will notify you at least one month in advance of any change coming into effect that (in our reasonable opinion):
(a) will increase the monthly or other periodic Charges for your Contract Allowance by an amount which is more than the percentage increase in the previous twelve month period in the Retail Prices Index (or any future equivalent) published by the Office for National Statistics; or
(b) is a change to your Agreement, your Contract Allowance, the Services or any Additional Services you are using, or to the Charges for any Services or Additional Services you are using, which is likely to be of material detriment to you.

5.4 Non acceptance of changes: If you do not accept a change that falls within clause 5.3 you may cancel this Agreement by writing to us within 1 month of us telling you about any change, to let us know that you want to cancel. However you may not cancel this Agreement if such change: (a) has been imposed on us by any regulator with appropriate authority, for example OFCOM, or as a direct result of new legislation, statutory instrument or government regulation; or (b) relates solely to an Additional Service. If this is the case then you may cancel such Additional Service by giving us a least ten days notice in writing to that effect.
The price change is not more that the RPI, so the cancellation option doesn't apply
Old 28-06-2013, 01:39   #8
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I got a letter too. However 2.9% isn't exactly a lot.
It's not but I have been with them just under 2 years with no price increase and soon as new owners arrive we get price increase and the annoying thing is that I have only just renewed and nothing was said and I only spoke to them yesterday to upgrade to VIP and retentions quoted £42 to me,I have also only just purchased an addition phone 2 weeks on Sunday and again nothing mentioned both stating what I would pay over 24months and no mention of possible price increases.very annoying I have contacted trading standards and got an appointment to see them tomorrow been advised to take all paperwork with me,gonna email vm head office as well if someone could kindly give me a email address

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No it's not the same. This is from the Virgin Mobile terms

The price change is not more that the RPI, so the cancellation option doesn't apply
Never had this rpi price increase before Ben and have contacted 3 tonight and thy have told me what tariff i agree to is length of contract with them I thought it would be same with vm mobile clearly by this letter I have received sadly it is not.i want to cancel my contracts and move to 3 but vm mobile are saying I can't
Old 28-06-2013, 08:41   #9
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I've not had a letter about any increase.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 08:59   #10
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I've not had a letter about any increase.
Coming soon !!!!
Old 28-06-2013, 09:41   #11
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
It's not but I have been with them just under 2 years with no price increase and soon as new owners arrive we get price increase and the annoying thing is that I have only just renewed and nothing was said and I only spoke to them yesterday to upgrade to VIP and retentions quoted £42 to me,I have also only just purchased an addition phone 2 weeks on Sunday and again nothing mentioned both stating what I would pay over 24months and no mention of possible price increases.very annoying I have contacted trading standards and got an appointment to see them tomorrow been advised to take all paperwork with me,gonna email vm head office as well if someone could kindly give me a email address

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

Never had this rpi price increase before Ben and have contacted 3 tonight and thy have told me what tariff i agree to is length of contract with them I thought it would be same with vm mobile clearly by this letter I have received sadly it is not.i want to cancel my contracts and move to 3 but vm mobile are saying I can't
It's nothing to do with new owners. Would have happened anyway. As you say nearly two years and no increase means it was bound to happen.

It's mentioned in the small print about possible price changes so there would be no case for Trading Standards IMO.
Old 28-06-2013, 10:58   #12
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
This is from Three's Pay Monthly terms:
Quote:
4.2 You will not be able to end the agreement if any variation or increase:
(d) is equal to, or less than, the percentage increase in the Retail Prices Index figure, as set out in section 4.1 above.
Old 28-06-2013, 12:27   #13
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
You should double check about the tariff on Three not having any increases. All the mobile operators were pulled up about it earlier in the year and while Ofcom talked about making changes I don't think it has happened yet. It is entirely possible that Three has made the change of their own back but I doubt it.

Linky

My galaxy S3 contract with Three that has as good as unlimited everything was £29 a month when I took the contract originally but now the cost has increased to £30
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 12:31   #14
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

got a price rise here too
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 23:05   #15
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Got my 3 letters today, as have 3 contracts. Orange increased their contracts this year too.
Funny how today the EU make Mobile networks charge less for using phones abroad, making them less money, so contracts go up instead.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote