Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean now available

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean now available

Old 13-01-2013, 12:57   #46
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean now available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I might have to do a factory reset back to the original firmware as since i upgraded to 4.1.2 my alarms have not worked correctly, i use the alarms to remind me to take my tablets. So will have to backup the phone data today and do a factory reset.
At least it's not just me with the alarms then. I've overslept for work twice since the update. Another time it started playing the music, but stopped after about 2 seconds.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2013, 14:15   #47
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
At least it's not just me with the alarms then. I've overslept for work twice since the update. Another time it started playing the music, but stopped after about 2 seconds.
Yep it does that as well, going to roll back and will let you know how it goes.

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Yep it does that as well, going to roll back and will let you know how it goes.
Rolling back does not seem to have fixed it

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 20:53   #48
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

My alarms have been fine since the recent update. Have you tried to delete those alarms and start new ones?
Old 13-01-2013, 22:12   #49
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
My alarms have been fine since the recent update. Have you tried to delete those alarms and start new ones?
Tried that as well, going to download an app for now.

Old 13-01-2013, 23:37   #50
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Only new feature making me want to update is the multiview, looks useful and something that will get some use.

Is there any compatibility problems with apps, like we saw with the 4.1.1 update?
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 13:24   #51
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Is there any compatibility problems with apps, like we saw with the 4.1.1 update?
I've not seen any problems but I did notice that my Twitter widget "forgot" that I wanted links to be opened in Chrome and not the stock browser.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 13:34   #52
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
I've not seen any problems but I did notice that my Twitter widget "forgot" that I wanted links to be opened in Chrome and not the stock browser.
That is fairly trivial in the way of bugs

When I originally got my phone I upgraded to 4.1.1 within a week and then found some apps wouldn't work, with some later having jelly bean fixes. Put me off upgrading at the first chance. Also using TSF shell as a launcher, gotta see if there are any problems there too.

Bit of a pain for me too as I am rooted, so need to figure out the cleanest way of doing the upgrade as it wont happen OTA.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 15:09   #53
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Indeed, my alarms have worked fine too, and I haven't needed to re-add them (Android 4.1.2 on both S3 and S2).
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 17:30   #54
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
I have again deleted the alarms and reset them and they seem to be working now, fingers crossed they stay that way.

Old 02-03-2013, 18:31   #55
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

I just got my S3 updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 via my router. Anyone know when 4.2 is due out?
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 14:03   #56
Ryan92
Inactive

Services: Sky Broadband Unlimited Sky + HD
Ryan92 will become famous soon enoughRyan92 will become famous soon enoughRyan92 will become famous soon enough

Android really has started establishing itself these days ; makes me regret switching to the iPhone! Think i'll be heading back to Android come next March!!
Ryan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 14:04   #57
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Android is certainly getting there. But on balance I think I'd rather have an iPhone 5.

Still my note 2 is ok for now.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:57   #58
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Nothing for the S2 yet
Old 14-05-2013, 05:03   #59
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

At last,Jelly Bean available 'over the air'. I downloaded the software update last night and it's like having a new phone. Very slick and fast.
Old 14-05-2013, 15:31   #60
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

Trevor what version of the S2 have you got as my GT I9100 on virgin mobile is not showing any update OTA or via KIES?
bayonet is offline   Reply With Quote