Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Does iPhone 4S work on Virgin Mobile UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Does iPhone 4S work on Virgin Mobile UK?

Old 15-10-2012, 02:07   #31
Martyn
Inactive

Services: Sky TV 2TB HD - Fiber Pro
Martyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Does iPhone 4S work on Virgin Mobile UK?

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-...%29,CASE=17424

follow the guide to the pay and go option, make sure you have £15 credit...
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-10-2012, 11:22   #32
Pykey08
Inactive

Pykey08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply but my local 02 store wouldn't do it they said take it somewhere else.
Pykey08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 23:19   #33
Pykey08
Inactive

The 4s will work on a virgin SIM card as long as you meek sure the phone is unlocked.

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

Sorry me again but 02 unlocked my phone for £15 within 1 hour.
Old 22-10-2012, 11:24   #34
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
I went into the VirginMedia shop today to buy a new phone for my other half and the guy said they would be supplying micro SIMs from February.

So who knows.... they might be offering iPhones soon after?
As we are now quite a long way past February, am I correct in assuming that VM will now supply a micro SIM on request, or dare I ask, are they still "coming soon"?
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 10:03   #35
Pykey08
Inactive

got it sorted now thanks for the advice
Old 15-11-2012, 16:21   #36
maher
Inactive

maher is an unknown quantity at this point

What network was your 4s originaly before unlock Pykey08? Was it O2? As mine is locked with Tmobile, can o2 unlock it?
maher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 17:42   #37
Jameseh

Yes, if you go on o2's website there is a form to fill in and they'll unlock it for free.
Old 15-11-2012, 18:25   #38
maher
Inactive

maher is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, but jameseh my iPhone is locked on tmobile! I can't use O2 card in it! Will O2 still unlock it?! Or what's the way to unlock tmobile locked phone. As I contacted tmobile and they said the imei was not registered in my name (I bought the phone second hand) so only the person who the phone was originally registered can get it unlocked!! But I don't know that person as I bought the phone from www.smartfonestore.com and they would not disclose previous owners details! What can I do?
maher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 02:36   #39
Jameseh

Oh right, a Google suggests T-Mo will do it for £15 after a call to customer services.
Old 18-11-2012, 18:40   #40
robson689
Inactive

Services: VM 60Mbit, TiVo.
robson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Oh right, a Google suggests T-Mo will do it for £15 after a call to customer services.
You have to be a T-Mobile PAYG customer for 3 months before you can buy the unlock code, or 1 month into a T-Mobile contract.
robson689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 08:44   #41
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road

I've just got a iPhone 4s. I put my old VM cut down sim in and got the message No Sim. I then tried another VM sim which was newer but not used and I got the message No service.
So I phoned CS and said could I have a replacement sim as I was having trouble with the one I had. I was offered a small sim. I recieved it the following day fitted it activated it and it works without any problem.
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 22:39   #42
apacketofsweets
Inactive

Services: VM BB 30MB, TV XL and Talk Unlimited. Sky TV, BB and Phone.
apacketofsweets is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Can't see that happening any time soon.
It could potentially be happening quite soon, quite a lot of discussions in the pipeline at the moment. This is mainly because of Apple's reducing prices for networks wanting to carry their phone, probably because Samsung's Galaxy SIII seems to be causing them huge issues at the moment.

As for the OP's query, if your iPhone 4S is unlocked then yes, it will work. You can cut your SIM and put it in the phone. Do keep in mind however, that you will need to cut the SIM to the *EXACT* size required by the card slot, anything bigger or smaller will mean you've fudged your SIM up. Also, under any circumstances, do not cut even remotely close to the chip itself.
apacketofsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 22:53   #43
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I wouldn't call over a year 'soon'
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 23:15   #44
apacketofsweets
Inactive

Services: VM BB 30MB, TV XL and Talk Unlimited. Sky TV, BB and Phone.
apacketofsweets is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I wouldn't call over a year 'soon'
It'll probably happen in the coming weeks more than anything, mainly to coincide with the launch of 4G.
apacketofsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 08:26   #45
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Well I hope that people who want one can get one. I was finally able to move away from iPhone in the end when Android finally caught up with accessibility. I'm now much happier with my android phone.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote