Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Very happy with new deal-Samsung Galaxy S2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Very happy with new deal-Samsung Galaxy S2

Old 19-10-2011, 21:05   #1
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads
Very happy with new deal-Samsung Galaxy S2

For some time now I've been fed up with Windows 6.5 on my HTC HD2 and have been wanting to change my phone but it's been a long wait for my £30 contract to expire at the end of January 2012.

So I was very suprised to get a call from Virgin mobile offering me a downgrade on my tarriff and a new phone.

So tomorrow I will be having a Samsung Galaxy S2 delivered on what the advisor said is an offer for today only for £22.95,300 mins,Unlimited texts and 1gb data. I'm quite chuffed with this offer as it is £40.99 on the Virgin Media website.
Tricky Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2011, 22:46   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Very happy with new deal-Samsung Galaxy S2

I want a call
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 23:31   #3
tizmeinnit

If you fancy a play you can install various versions of Gingerbread Android on the HTC HD2 very easily . It can also run Windows phone 7. So once you are happy with the SGII it might be worth having a play :-) The HTC HD2 is one of the best most versatile smartphones ever released
Old 20-10-2011, 10:26   #4
Pipster
Inactive

Pipster is an unknown quantity at this point

My contract is up on Feb 14th 2012 and I have been told I cant upgrade yet.
Pipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 11:13   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
So tomorrow I will be having a Samsung Galaxy S2 delivered on what the advisor said is an offer for today only for £22.95,300 mins,Unlimited texts and 1gb data. I'm quite chuffed with this offer as it is £40.99 on the Virgin Media website.
I got the same deal last week and am loving the phone
Old 20-10-2011, 11:16   #6
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Whats the internal memory of this phone Ben.
Old 20-10-2011, 11:23   #7
Pipster
Inactive

Pipster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Was your phone at the end of its contract and if so how long before it was up did they offer you it.

Im torn between the SII and the iphone. SII is winning at the minute as the mrs and other family members are on virgin, free calls from the house phone too and the fact that the SII can play .mkv and .avi files. Records in 1080p too and the camera is 8MP, to match it I would have to get the iphone 4S and we all know its alot more expensive.
Pipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 11:27   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I was out of contract. I got it by just walking into one of the shops. It's an offer available to any customer with XL landline phone package (who hasn't already taken the £8 mobile discount already). If you are on M or L phone you get £5 off so can get it for £25.99

Had planned to keep my Desire and downgrade to a SIM only tariff until after the Android 4.0 launch event but got impatient
Old 20-10-2011, 20:28   #9
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road

As a bit of a "thickie" where mobiles are concerned, how do you get all the stuff (pictures, music, videos etc) transferred to your new phone? oh, and the email settings!
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 23:20   #10
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

just got the deal as well as,along with 100meg broadband.movies and sports.xmas as come early thankyou vm. !!!!!!!!
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 23:28   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Whats the internal memory of this phone Ben.
Sorry, only just saw this post. It's 16GB with the ability to add another 32GB via an micro-SD card
Old 26-10-2011, 23:29   #12
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

I have also got the same £22.99 deal and think it is great value for money. The phone is awesome! I previously had the Nokia N900 which I did like a lot but this thing is brilliant!
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 08:43   #13
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansi View Post
As a bit of a "thickie" where mobiles are concerned, how do you get all the stuff (pictures, music, videos etc) transferred to your new phone? oh, and the email settings!
All you need to know should be in the user manual that did not come with the phone

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...615_Screen.pdf
Tricky Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 13:26   #14
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

does anyone know if wifi is free with this tariff
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 13:30   #15
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
does anyone know if wifi is free with this tariff
Virgin don't do any inclusive WiFi on any tariff

You get 1GB worth of internet with the £22.99 deal thought (and can upgrade to 5GB for an extra £5 a month if you want)