Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin offers unlimited 30-day rolling contract for a fiver

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin offers unlimited 30-day rolling contract for a fiver

Old 06-03-2011, 12:22   #16
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin offers unlimited 30-day rolling contract for a fiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfc1902 View Post
Cheers for the answer. I ordered it online through my account and put his bank details in for the DD. Was a bit concerned it may cause a problem having two monthly accounts in my name with different bank accounts. Hopefully all will be OK.
No mine is fine and my wife has received an agreement in her name.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2011, 23:06   #17
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Rang them today from my phone (via 789) and asked to move from PAYG to this offer - 3 minutes later it was all done. Excellent.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 16:57   #18
bargepole
cf.member

Services: Virgin 150meg, VM phone, Virgin TV XL , V+, Tivo, Virgin mobile
bargepole is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know if I can downgrade to this now? Currently on £15pm contract that expires next month.

I know I could just order a new sim but I would really like to keep my current number and believe this offer expires at the end of March.
bargepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 17:43   #19
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargepole View Post
Anyone know if I can downgrade to this now? Currently on £15pm contract that expires next month.

I know I could just order a new sim but I would really like to keep my current number and believe this offer expires at the end of March.
I would ring up and ask if you can change over now, you may have to pay a few pounds to close the contract but they should let you keep the old number otherwise it will probably go up to £10 so to good an offer to miss.
Old 26-03-2011, 09:23   #20
bargepole
cf.member

Services: Virgin 150meg, VM phone, Virgin TV XL , V+, Tivo, Virgin mobile
bargepole is an unknown quantity at this point

Phoned and was advised to phone back 25th April when contract expires. Not convinced op knew offer only on till end of March, abandoned that call and phoned them back later.

New op advised phone 31st March and they would switch me to the rolling £5 contract so would need to use up as much as possible of current allowance as I would lose any minutes I had left.

Anyone know where I can find the info that offer ends end of March, I know I saw it a couple of weeks ago when I first spotted this offer but seems to have disappeared now?
bargepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 09:38   #21
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargepole View Post

Anyone know where I can find the info that offer ends end of March, I know I saw it a couple of weeks ago when I first spotted this offer but seems to have disappeared now?
It does say so in the first post on the none Virginmedia link and it did say originally on the Virginmedia link but it now appears to be a permanent price.

https://www.virginmobile.com/vm/view....vmob_default2
Old 26-03-2011, 09:54   #22
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

I do hope it has become a permanent offer. I have signed up to it and am wanting the other half to when her vodafone contract is up for renewal in May. Even if it does go the £10.21 deal is good but nothing comes close to that one for a fiver!
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 17:14   #23
Gazjam
Inactive

Services: 30MB BB XL Tv V+ XL Phone
Gazjam is an unknown quantity at this point

I just saw this and went online and ordered it.
I'm a low mins user (mostly texts) and 100mins is fine for emergency calls.
I can save a fiver a month on my current Tesco deal..and they just put their prices up so ideal time for a change!

My question is this if anyone can help?

The online order went through no problem - no messages about failed credit checks etc - and I have recieved both the "Thank You for your order" and "We've taken payment for your Virgin Mobile order" emails.

So it would seem as though my order has been accepted without problem??
Would this be right?
Can I go ahead and cancel my current 30 day rolling contract with another Mobile provider?

Just wanting to confirm things are ok before I cancel my existing
contract with my current Mobile provider.
Wouldnt want to cancel my Tesco mobile contract only to find out I've failed a credit check(*) or there is a problem.

(*) not the best record...so a semi serious concern.
Does the fact the online order went through ok and I received both emails mean I've been accepted?

Thanks.
Gazjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 17:18   #24
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I think if they take payment then it's all gone through ok

Although don't you want to keep the number you have with the other provider?
Old 30-03-2011, 17:35   #25
Gazjam
Inactive

Wee update..
I just had another email titled "Thanks for registering with Virgin Mobile"

Hello xxx xxx,

You're in. Welcome to our gang!
To say thanks for registering online with Virgin Mobile.

etc etc.

The email states my VM phone number and I can access my account online.
So looks like Im in?

I WOULD want to keep my existing number if possible...there is a VM number been allocated to my account (according to the email) but would prefer a familiar number.
It states on the email that if my new VM number is incorrect to get in touch ASAP.
Email the VM Team and ask you think?

only snag is that I need to cancel my current Tesco contract which has the number I want to keep using...
or would that not be a problem?

I can now access my account online (cool ) and I see it shows a monthly VM minutes and Texts as 3000 not unlimited?
I know 3000 is more than Id ever use..I take it this is just an arbitrary ammount VM states to keep things sensible and sane?

Thanks.
Old 30-03-2011, 17:48   #26
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

What you need to do is phone up Tesco and ask for your PAC (Port Authentication Code) and then give that to Virgin

That will get your number from Tesco onto the Virgin SIM and should also cancel the Tesco account
Old 30-03-2011, 18:08   #27
Gazjam
Inactive

Thanks Ben,
I'll get in touch with Tesco.

and the 3000 texts and VM minutes? Thats all as would be expected?
Old 30-03-2011, 18:18   #28
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Yup. Thats the Fair Usage amount
Old 30-03-2011, 18:23   #29
Gazjam
Inactive

cool.
thanks mate for your help, much obliged.
Old 30-03-2011, 18:33   #30
poorchester
Inactive

poorchester is an unknown quantity at this point

Have I got this right ? Virgin landline to Virgin mobile calls are free but mobile to Virgin landline are not.
poorchester is offline   Reply With Quote