Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How do I turn off predictive text on my HTC Desire?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How do I turn off predictive text on my HTC Desire?

Old 02-01-2011, 12:34   #31
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: How do I turn off predictive text on my HTC Desire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
andrew,

hopefully this will help.

Step 1

then this will appear (all apps)

in alphabetical order.

If you wish to copy the app to one of your home screens, just press on the app, which will copy it to your home screen (you may have to move it to an empty slot on one of the home screens).

Good luck.
Sadly this is a prime example of a VERY HELPFUL POST and one I would have nominated myself IF the MHP Competition was still going to take place.
Old 02-01-2011, 15:42   #32
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks mate I tryed to install chomp sms but now my phone says install blocked if I uncheck the box that says unknowen apps then install chomp sms is this ok or should I get it from android market?
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 16:32   #33
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
or should I get it from android market?
Get it from the Market, that's what the Market is there for.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 19:30   #34
andrew.shearman
Inactive

ok thanks it is now asking me for a google account I don't have one how to I sighn up?
Old 02-01-2011, 21:36   #35
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
ok thanks it is now asking me for a google account I don't have one how to I sighn up?
Try clicking here
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 23:47   #36
andrew.shearman
Inactive

ok thanks for all ur help

Andrew
Old 03-01-2011, 06:26   #37
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
ok thanks for all ur help

Andrew
Or you could try this which is the direct link.

https://www.google.com/accounts/Logi...ebhp%3Fhl%3Den
Old 03-01-2011, 16:31   #38
andrew.shearman
Inactive

ok I have singed up for a google account when I log in on my computer it's fine but when log in ON my mobile it says sorry invalid username and passward when I singed up thay did not give me a username
Old 03-01-2011, 16:39   #39
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
ok I have singed up for a google account when I log in on my computer it's fine but when log in ON my mobile it says sorry invalid username and passward when I singed up thay did not give me a username
The email address will be your username.
Old 03-01-2011, 16:54   #40
andrew.shearman
Inactive

so why when I tiype it into my mobile it want let me in
Old 03-01-2011, 16:55   #41
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I do not have HTC so we need someone who does to answer that for you.
Old 03-01-2011, 17:14   #42
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
No offence meant, but you seem to be prone to misspelling (see post above), so that may be the cause, as my Google account works fine on my HTC Desire.

Try being slow and careful....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 17:20   #43
Peter_
Permanently Banned

As I have said before due to your sight issues ask a friend or a relative to help, that is what they are for and you will be sorted in no time.
Old 03-01-2011, 20:54   #44
andrew.shearman
Inactive

ok thanks i will try and do it agian
Old 03-01-2011, 20:56   #45
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
ok thanks i will try and do it agian
You may have just inputted wrongly as Hugh said so do not give up and if you are struggling seek help as I stated above.