Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin launch a range of Android handsets

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin launch a range of Android handsets

Old 14-04-2010, 17:40   #46
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin launch a range of Android handsets

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrosc View Post
I'm close to changing over to virgin from orange to get desire
Do i have to get the PAC code from orange before i call virgin to arrange the new contract? i've never done this before, been with orange around 12 years now.
You can do it either way.

Setup the new contract and then get the PAC code, give it to Virgin and the port will complete in roughly 72hrs.

Or Call Orange get the PAC code and arrange the new contract and port at the same time.
Old 14-04-2010, 17:53   #47
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbravo View Post
Well just so you all know I got my X10 on Orange and have only found one fault with it thus far and that is the battery. first few charges could only get about 9 hours out of the phone, but after a few full drains and recharges, battery will probably last a day and a half with moderate use. Not brilliant I know but liveable. Lets just hope it gets OS 2.1 or 2.2 soon so I can enjoy even better features. Android rules and at least you can choose which form it comes in.

whats your impressions of the screen? The idea of the whole phone being plastic is a nightmare to me
Old 14-04-2010, 18:27   #48
musicbravo
Inactive

Services: Virgin v+ xl TV Virgin M Broadband and phone
musicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these parts

Screen seems fine, if a little too attracted to grease (Buying some matt screen protectors to combat that. The virtual keyboard appears to work fine, although some have reported can be a bit inaccurate towards the edges of the screen (Not had this problem myself) There is a firmware revision already out to deal with a dark camera issue but this hasn't filtered down to Orange yet. Timescape and Mediascape are fab.
musicbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 21:50   #49
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

Quote:
I'm close to changing over to virgin from orange to get desire
Do i have to get the PAC code from orange before i call virgin to arrange the new contract? i've never done this before, been with orange around 12 years now.
I rang Orange yesterday as my contract is over and they offerred me the desire for free, 400 mins, unlimited txts, unlimited internet (500Mb) for £22.50 or £17.50 if I pay £60 for the handset. Both 24 mth contracts. Only down side is they were out of stock but due more in this week.
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 23:34   #50
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup dragon View Post
I rang Orange yesterday as my contract is over and they offerred me the desire for free, 400 mins, unlimited txts, unlimited internet (500Mb) for £22.50 or £17.50 if I pay £60 for the handset. Both 24 mth contracts. Only down side is they were out of stock but due more in this week.
Virgins offer is handset for free £30 for 800 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited broadband (1Gb) the link can be found HERE

Also on a 24 month contract.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 23:53   #51
zing_deleted

why does it say unlimited web access for 30p per day but then says unlimited web access as part of your contract?
Old 14-04-2010, 23:54   #52
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Presumably if you go over the FUP it will cost you 30p a day to use it
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 00:00   #53
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
why does it say unlimited web access for 30p per day but then says unlimited web access as part of your contract?
I know before my present contract I was charged 30p a day if I went online with my old phone but I pay nothing extra as long as I do not go over 1Gb a month under my present contract.
Old 15-04-2010, 00:29   #54
webrosc
Inactive

Services: XL TV V+, XXL BB, XL Phone
webrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup dragon View Post
I didn't know orange were getting the desire, they don't have it on the orange shop, but then it still shows march's special offer there.

I think i'll goto virgin anyway as i'll get the free landline to virgin mobile calls, plus they do they unlimited internet (1Gb) and i think it was mentioned the phone is free on the £30 contract, but virgin media customers get it free on the £25 contract aswell

Got just over a month to decide now, anyone know if orange charge extra to end the contract a little early?
webrosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 00:32   #55
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
but virgin media customers get it free on the £25 contract aswell
Here is that offer and the only difference is the minutes go down to 600 from 800

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...efamily3_apr10
Old 15-04-2010, 00:35   #56
webrosc
Inactive

Services: XL TV V+, XXL BB, XL Phone
webrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enough

i'm sure i read it in one of the threads about virgin mobile doing deals for excising virgin media customers

Yup ......Examples (other tariff options available)

* On the new Pay Monthly range, customers will be able to get a handset such as the forthcoming HTC Desire for free on an exceptional £30 per month tariff complete with 800 minutes and unlimited texts and web over 24 months. Existing Virgin Media customers will be able take it on a £25 tariff offering 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited web, but also benefit from unlimited calls to other Virgin Mobiles, and free calls from home phones to Virgin Mobiles.

http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/p...ews&id=1407072
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/93...le-market.html

Didn't notice the lower mins part, but i hardly makes calls as it is lol
webrosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 01:33   #57
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Presumably if you go over the FUP it will cost you 30p a day to use it
but its not very clear again is it? do you not think VM should be clearer when it comes to their advertising practices? it all seems underhanded to me
Old 15-04-2010, 02:25   #58
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
but its not very clear again is it? do you not think VM should be clearer when it comes to their advertising practices? it all seems underhanded to me
Yeah, because their meaning of the word "unlimited" (in this case) is limited to 500mb / 1gb. So they should replace it with "Limited" or remove the word altogether. as "Limited" is what they are really saying. It's false advertising.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 11:03   #59
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Its seems clear to me. If you don't pick a tariff with Unlimited Web access then you can go online with your phone or pay as you go handset for only 30p per day.
Old 16-04-2010, 18:23   #60
musicbravo
Inactive

Services: Virgin v+ xl TV Virgin M Broadband and phone
musicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these parts

Battery life on x10 now looking 36 hours plus
musicbravo is offline   Reply With Quote