Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin's New PAYG Tariff - Addict

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin's New PAYG Tariff - Addict

Old 30-03-2009, 19:58   #16
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin's New PAYG Tariff - Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I see Virgins version of unlimited shows its ugly face again
You mean the same unlimited as all other Mobile companies use - and that is also has a better FUP that others?
Old 30-03-2009, 21:06   #17
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You mean the same unlimited as all other Mobile companies use - and that is also has a better FUP that others?
Yep,

Oh come on i am only jumping on the band wagon and having a go at it because its Virgin

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 23:41   #18
majickal
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, XL Broadband and XL Phone
majickal is an unknown quantity at this point

Well... If you're a virgin media customer too, you get unlimited, free virgin to virgin calls aswell.
majickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 00:43   #19
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

I'm not going to just criticize VM on this latest "unlimited" claim, as far as I can see all the other phone companies and a lot of other ISPs make this ludicrous claim.
Its down to Ofcom to put a stop to this misleading practise, I can't see why they don't put out reasonable guidelines for the companies to stick to if they want to sell a "unlimited" service.
I would imagine in most peoples minds unlimited is just that, unlimited or as much as you want, if they have a FUP or likewise then its not unlimited, they should say "up to" whether that be 50GB a month or 500GB a month why on earth can't Ofcom make this clear to them, I mean its pretty simple isn't it?
IMO this is a hangover from the days of slow speeds when the companies really could offer an unlimited service, but those days are long gone.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 11:54   #20
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

I wasn't just criticising VM (as I've always had good dealings with them) or their term of "unlimited" - because - it DOES apply to all mobile companies!

When theres a limit - be upfront about it, if VM start being upfront then I think people would have more confidence in them if they stated what the limits were.

Question to put out-there: What does the term "Unlimited" mean to you?

If you had a car warranty that said "Unlimited Mileage" would it mean "truely unlimited" or "10,000 mile per year maximum"?
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 13:35   #21
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

Quote:
That has nothing to do with Mobile data and 'Unlimited'

All mobile networks use 'Unlimited' with a FUP qualifier
sigh

of course it has to do with it

its misleading i complain just as much about any company using the word unlimited and then limiting it

and to quote my mother "just because everyone else jumps in front of the bus doesnt mean you have to"
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 13:51   #22
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Anyone notice that the term Unlimited is used freely and is acceptable on data products such as telephone calls or internet useage?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 14:50   #23
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermevans View Post
and to quote my mother "just because everyone else jumps in front of the bus doesnt mean you have to"
In the world of telecoms/date unfortunately it probably does

If you advertise a 1Gb a month limit you are just going to get people going to someone else for 'Unlimited data' even if the FUP might be 500Mb
Old 31-03-2009, 15:22   #24
greyfox1974
Inactive

greyfox1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

virgin mob and virgin media are totaly crap for the money u pay take o2 sim only deals £20 a month n u get 600 mins 1200 texts n unlimited bolt on like landline call's and wot do you get from virgin mob for the same price

Virgin £20 Text £ 20.00 300 2000
Virgin £20 Talk £ 20.00 450 450

and virgin media fone prices aint came down to for they talk unlimited call plans like £7.95 and Unlimited evening and weekend UK landline calls
£3.45 a month

bt prices are talk unlimited call plans £4.85 and for the Unlimited evening and weekend UK landline calls £0 and you get 0845 n 0870 numbers for free yes ppl free

so how can virgin media n virgin mobile get away with it

greyfox1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 16:49   #25
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
In the world of telecoms/date unfortunately it probably does

If you advertise a 1Gb a month limit you are just going to get people going to someone else for 'Unlimited data' even if the FUP might be 500Mb
But that's the point I was trying to make earlier, the regulator should impose rules that "all" the phone companies and ISPs have to abide by.
As you say Ben no one company is going to take this on board for precisely the example you have quoted above, surely the ball is firmly in Ofcom's court at this time over the "unlimited" claim.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 16:17   #26
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
20p a minute flat rate! what a rip off.
Thats just like Orange Dolphin Pay As You Go only difference is, Virgin's Voicemail is free and customer service is better whilst,Orange is up to 15p per minute to access answerphone.

Addict is a good pay as you go option but for heavy users of voice and video calling I would recommend a pay monthly tariff from 3,Vodafone or Orange.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 16:26   #27
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

i feel 20p a minute flat rate on any network is a rip off so in that case orange is a rip off to. Well done to virgin not charging for voicemail though credit to them for that.

For heavy voice users who would wish to go on contract i would recommend 02
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 16:47   #28
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

I have a feeling the Addict tariff is pretty much spot on for Virgins PAYG cutomer base
Old 02-04-2009, 19:13   #29
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

i take back the bit about well done to virgin for not charging for voicemail as i have just seen that on the addict tariff voicemail is charged at 20p a call.

I really dont think any network should charge to access voicemail
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 20:36   #30
grimlea
Inactive

grimlea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post

I really dont think any network should charge to access voicemail
why not? It costs the networks a lot of money to operate voicemail. T-Mobile charge virgin for every customer to access voicemail - by sharing this cost with customers virgin are able to offer better deals to customers.
grimlea is offline   Reply With Quote