Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | GPRS settings?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

GPRS settings?

Old 20-07-2008, 02:37   #1
me-eyes
Inactive

me-eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
GPRS settings?

Hi all,
I'm on the 300/300 £10 monthly deal and am more than happy with it, but would like to surf the net occasionally. I've done it in the past but must have cocked up the settings as now it simply won't work!

I have a HTC P3000 (aka the O2 Orbit) and have used these settings:
PAP authentication
Access point name: goto.virginmobile.uk
user name: user
password & domain: <blank>
use specific IP address: 193.030.166.002 (also tried with server-assigned IP address)

What am I doing wrong? Is there some simple mistake I'm making?

Cheers
Paul
me-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-07-2008, 11:36   #2
RDDearing
Inactive

RDDearing will become famous soon enoughRDDearing will become famous soon enoughRDDearing will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to RDDearing
Re: GPRS settings?

A quick google threw up this page:
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/com...P.GPRS.DEFAULT

which shows the IP address as 193.30.166.3

Hope that helps!
RDDearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 21:32   #3
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

Settings can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/27qjv7
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 14:15   #4
soobio
Inactive

soobio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it should be tried with server-assigned IP address.

soobio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 15:05   #5
me-eyes
Inactive

Hi guys,
I tried these settings - already checked the webpage and my phone isn't listed

I seem to be able to get a GPRS connection, but web-pages always come up as "Page not found" etc...etc...

Have just remembered that my local Virgin/Zavvi/whatever Megastore has a mobile section - I'll see if they can get it working
Old 14-08-2008, 18:06   #6
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried looking at the setting from the virgin mobile page for the HTC Touch Cruise? You may be able to read through them to check what your phones current settings are or you could try to enter them manually setting up a new connection.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 18:20   #7
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

I have an HTC Touch (P3450) with T-Mobile. I can make a free call to customer services, and they will send a text that configures the settings for me.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 18:27   #8
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by me-eyes View Post
Hi guys,
I tried these settings - already checked the webpage and my phone isn't listed

I seem to be able to get a GPRS connection, but web-pages always come up as "Page not found" etc...etc...

Have just remembered that my local Virgin/Zavvi/whatever Megastore has a mobile section - I'll see if they can get it working
Do you have a connection but it is trying to connect to a page on O2 that is not available outside their walled garden.
Have you tried typing say bbc.co.uk as an address once you get that page not found error.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 20:44   #9
me-eyes
Inactive

Hi Guys,
I've rang customer services and they won't send the automatic settings for the HTC Cruise to my phone as, I quote, "it might brick it."

This problemm happens with any website - BBC, Google etc.... The infuriating thing is that the GPRS sprite lights up showing a connection has been made, but any and all webpages are simply not found.

Maybe its some setting within the phone - but I've been through the (very limited) options and can find nothing to help. Gargh!!!!
Old 14-08-2008, 22:27   #10
SimpleSimon
cf.addict

Services: VIP Package
SimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud ofSimpleSimon has much to be proud of

This is a site I use a lot when configuring devices

http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html

According to this page you may need to check to see if GPRS is enabled on your account.

Simon
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote