Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

Old 29-03-2008, 16:56   #61
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I want efficient and effective means of communication - a text doesn't cut it for me, I find it lacks professionalism thank you very much and I am entitled to feel aggrieved by it.
I have yet to get this text, but what irritates me is that I am lucky in that my phone can / will read it out to me.

Some people may well not have that on their phone.

Also every time virgin change something like this they don't inform me in a format I can access, which they should as they know about my disability (I get large print bills alreaday).

I don't find a text a very good way of informing people at all.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2008, 17:09   #62
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLED View Post
Well done in establishing tone from simple text with no indicators of there being any(Caps, excessive punctuation, bold text, graphics etc)

No-one has said your not entitled to feel aggrieved, thats your personal (and others) view on the situation. As this is a forum I would have though that varying views and discussion were expected and respected?!
Why the hell should I respect your views when you have disrespected other peoples views?

I am tired of people throwing out that I am a mod and I should watch what I say, forget it - it will never happen - I believe I am entitled to my views as long as I apply to the rules I set on others, there should be no issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLED
I said its a small change as in the number of terms that have changed and not in reference to the impact on you or any other customer. My point was that a single ammendment can fit on a text whereas a major change to tarriffs of a full revision of the t+c's could not.
And I said it is not a small change. Its a significant change to me.-end of story.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 16:57   #63
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
This I find completely unacceptable - A text is not the correct way to deal a blow, a change to service to the customer - its a bit late them now sending the letter, waste of a tree don't you think? Now that I and others have been told in such an inappropriate and stupid manner.
Would it have been better if the letter came out first FOLLOWED by the text?

The website on the text is here btw http://www.virginmobilepeople.com/300300/

And just to point out how other companies do things. I'm with be internet. Recently they changed their terms and conditions. I have had no written confirmation of this at all. What I did get however, was an e-mail with a copy of the terms attached and a text saying they have changed the terms and conditions.

So Virgin Mobile are not unique in using texts in this way
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 17:10   #64
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Would it have been better if the letter came out first FOLLOWED by the text?
Well the text wouldn't be needed if they sent a letter, seems rather a waste of resources doing both which are they doing anyway - I just think a text informing someone of some bad news or a change of service that results in the removal of a feature, is not the proper way to communicate on a professional level.

I used to recommend lots of people to Virgin Mobile as their customer service was up to good standards but this sorry state of affairs has left a bitter taste in my mouth that I am not bothered if I have to pay that bit more on another provider.
Old 30-03-2008, 17:31   #65
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I just don't see what the big hang up over the text is as long as that isn't the only communication they have sent.

I didn't think Virgin Mobile sent paper bills out, so most customers would be used to other communication methods.

As it is, they have sent a text, sent a letter AND put up a website. I don't see how covering all the avaliable communication methods is a BAD thing

For customers who don't read the text, they get it in writing.

For those who don't read the letter, they get a text.

For those customers who don't read the text OR the letter, well then that is their fault

Also there are probably alot of people who have the SIM but aren't the registered account holder. Therefore it could be the son/daughter that has the SIM but Virgin would write to the Dad/Mum. At least sending both, everyone gets the message

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

And not to mention if they HADN'T sent a text or done the website you would have people posting on here

'I never got the letter' 'I thought it was junk mail so I threw it away' etc
Old 30-03-2008, 18:16   #66
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road

I couldn't give rats @!ӣ about the method of conveying the message. This is a major change of contract/service. If this had been people on 4meg BB and it had just been dropped to 2meg they'd be just as much stink. The thread is really to do with the change and not the method of message delivery.
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 19:45   #67
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I just don't see what the big hang up over the text is as long as that isn't the only communication they have sent.
The hang up is that it is unprofessional to communicate such changes via text - I don't know how many more times I can say this and as I have already pointed out - its pointless sending out a letter, after they have sent the text, it's just a waste of paper and ink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
I didn't think Virgin Mobile sent paper bills out, so most customers would be used to other communication methods.
They send out paper bills as I get one every month.

Quote:
As it is, they have sent a text, sent a letter AND put up a website. I don't see how covering all the avaliable communication methods is a BAD thing
Because they sent the text first before the other two methods which would have been the professional thing to do in the first intance.

Quote:
For customers who don't read the text, they get it in writing.

For those who don't read the letter, they get a text.

For those customers who don't read the text OR the letter, well then that is their fault
You are missing the point - No company who changes a massive aspect about their services, should be communicating this change via text and a rather vague one at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy View Post
The thread is really to do with the change and not the method of message delivery.
The thread is and can be about both.
Old 30-03-2008, 19:54   #68
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 April 08

My feelings are that this is the start of the New way Virgin will do things. Top of that list is that they seem to have decided they dont give a flying whatsit about their customers and how they communicate with them.

In the last month they have made me WANT to leave them, Why

No Linear HD STILL.

About to sell our private data to a spyware company.

And now this totally unprofessional way of communicating with their paying customers.
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 19:56   #69
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Do you think that's true in all cases?
Old 30-03-2008, 21:19   #70
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
The hang up is that it is unprofessional to communicate such changes via text - I don't know how many more times I can say this and as I have already pointed out - its pointless sending out a letter, after they have sent the text, it's just a waste of paper and ink.
I accept that maybe they should have done it the other way round, and I shall mention that when I can so they look at it in future.

Quote:
They send out paper bills as I get one every month.
OK, I don't cos I'm on PAYG with them and as it is more like a PAYG SIM than a contract SIM i though it was the same.

Quote:
You are missing the point - No company who changes a massive aspect about their services, should be communicating this change via text and a rather vague one at that.
But the message also has a weblink in it, which has the details in full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson T View Post
Do you think that's true in all cases?
Of course I don't but what else would you want Virgin to do? They have written to all customers (in two forms) and posted a website.

Physically phone up every customer and tell then? Then you would have people posting on here going "I've recieved a phone call of this bloke, is it genuine? I didn't give Virgin permission to phone me!"

At some point there has to be an expectation by a company that customers are going to read what they send them
Old 30-03-2008, 21:22   #71
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Actually in the cases where the customer can't do either (and virgin know about it) yes I'd expect a phone call.

As for 'Of course I don't' well you made the blanket statement so I was asking you to clarify what you meant which you did.
Old 30-03-2008, 21:23   #72
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Of course I don't but what else would you want Virgin to do?
Send a letter which informs them of a change to terms - like every other normal company does. Not a text, sent first hand.

Getting back to the change - it would seem this is only happening on the Virgin Media cable deal. Those on other tarrifs still get their rollover minutes.
Old 30-03-2008, 21:25   #73
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Send a letter which informs them of a change to terms - like every other normal company does. Not a text, sent first hand

Getting back to the change - it would seem this is only happening on the Virgin Media cable deal. Those on other tariffs still get their rollover minutes.
So it is Cable customers yet again that are getting shafted ?.
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 21:27   #74
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
So it is Cable customers yet again that are getting shafted ?.
Yes it would seem so.
Old 30-03-2008, 21:27   #75
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

As I think I've said before, it is only the 300/300 cable deal that is affected.

The other cable deal which is a 100/100 with a free phone (and 12 months contract) is not affected

The new liberty SIM (not cable exclusive) http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do also doesn't have rollover mins

The T&Cs from the website for Pay Month SIM only says

Quote:
2. No Carry over: Any unused allowance in your Bundle remaining at the end of a month will be lost and will not carry over to the following month
So it looks like it is NOT just the cable deal that is affected, only the rolling 30 day contract Pay Monthly SIM only deals