Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

Old 28-03-2008, 11:51   #1
bikeman
Inactive

bikeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

I have just received a text from Vm stating that from 28/4/08 they will no longer be rolling over unsed mins for cable 300 users.

I am not happy with this since it was a great plus for me.

And I seem to remember this was a contract offered for as long as I was a VM cable user so I am well peeved that they now think they can change the terms of my contact with them.

I want to urge every cable 300 user to contact VM to voice their disatisfaction and threaten cancellation.

Let's get them to change their minds on this one.

bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2008, 12:23   #2
punbros
Inactive

Services: VM BB XL
punbros is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: cable 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

I got the text a while ago too about this. Very sad and angry at the same time...
punbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 12:57   #3
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
I have just received a text from Vm stating that from 28/4/08 they will no longer be rolling over unsed mins for cable 300 users.

I am not happy with this since it was a great plus for me.

And I seem to remember this was a contract offered for as long as I was a VM cable user so I am well peeved that they now think they can change the terms of my contact with them.

I want to urge every cable 300 user to contact VM to voice their disatisfaction and threaten cancellation.

Let's get them to change their minds on this one.

same here got word this morning,wonder why they are doing it must say i am peeved.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 13:44   #4
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Just got the text in the last few minutes - On the phone to them right now - Stuck in a queue - message said...

'We are unusually busy right now - you could be waiting up to 20 minutes to speak to someone."

I think its absolutely disgusting that they are informing the customers of this massive change in terms of service by text.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 13:52   #5
thanosp
Inactive

Services: 4Mbit BB SACM
thanosp is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got it also and said to check if anyone else received also. It is really unprofessional to let you know about changes in our T&C simply by texting. Although rarely i spend my 300 mins it was really a plus as i was feeling more secure. Time to call them at some point...
thanosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 14:22   #6
Tod
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

I also rarely use my texts and minutes, but I could have a busy month where I do use more minutes. Not happy at all with this and will phone to complain also.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 14:35   #7
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch
Re: Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

I remember O2 did this with me last year via text, when i argued the case they had a clause in the contract which enabled them to do this. I just bet VM will also have an answer at the ready also
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 14:39   #8
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
I remember O2 did this with me last year via text, when i argued the case they had a clause in the contract which enabled them to do this. I just bet VM will also have an answer at the ready also
It was their answer. But I take exception to being informed in such a unprofessional way.

Anyone not happy with this should e-mail: theteam@virginmobile.com
Old 28-03-2008, 14:48   #9
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It was their answer. But I take exception to being informed in such a unprofessional way.

IMO they do this to avoid confrontation as much as possible. If you get an e-mail, you're like to respond as you are with a letter. But you can't text back to these numbers, downright disgrace!

(Remember those poor people who lost their jobs in the same way!)
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 15:48   #10
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

phone them and hammer them with compliants get it logged and sent, ive been on hold for about 12 minutes:

freephone on landline:

0800 0520837
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 15:51   #11
raefil
cf.addict

raefil is an unknown quantity at this point

Copy of email sent to them.

It seems that you are intent on losing customers by changing the terms of many peoples contracts. Im sure that hidden somewhere amongst the terms and conditions you are entitled to do it but it is very unprofessional the way you have gone about informing customers. I along with many others will be seeking another provider.

Thank you

I will be considering my future with virgin altogethr if this is the unprofessional manner in which they treat their customers.
raefil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 15:54   #12
kronas
Inactive

from what i have been told just now there is no complaints department as such lol on the phone as there is no system ???? but you can write an email to be forwarded to the complaints department or letter.

oh and from what i have been told its purely a business decision.
Old 28-03-2008, 16:00   #13
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas View Post

oh and from what i have been told its purely a business decision.
A bad decision which will mean customers seeking deals on other providers. I hope the bean counters at Virgin Mobile are very happy about what they have done today and I hope they are aware they have tarnished or quite possibly demolished the quite reputable status they had.

This is a total bad move and the text message announcing this to their customers was nothing short of a unprofessional and backward method in which they have informed their customers.

They deserve to lose a lot of customers over this move.
Old 28-03-2008, 16:17   #14
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
A bad decision which will mean customers seeking deals on other providers. I hope the bean counters at Virgin Mobile very happy about what they have done today and the very rude, unprofessional and backward method in which they have informed their customers.

They deserve to lose a lot of customers over this move.
well the person i talked to was straightforward about it, she said yes it does not benefit customers but its most likely a cost issue behind the scenes, to be honest the tariff is competitive but maybe priced too low for them as ofcourse they piggyback on the t-mobile network and maybe not enough subscribers on higher tariffs, also its becoming slightly less attractive to be on the 300/300 tariff as now o2 has a unlimited plan on pay and go, yes its o2 to o2 but it depends on what the network the people around you are on!
Old 28-03-2008, 16:24   #15
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:

just after emailing them mick and expressed my disgust.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote