Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | £10 300 texts 300 minutes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

£10 300 texts 300 minutes

Old 20-04-2007, 14:18   #31
hutchy1986
Inactive

hutchy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: £10 300 texts 300 minutes

found what i'm looking for
few questions about this before switch over from orange.

Pay Monthly - Viewing Bites is free the duration of your contract. Things like WAP chat and downloads costs extra.

is this the case with the £10 sim only too? browsing is free(football scores for example)?

2. Carry over: If your Bundle is renewed on, or changed to a different Bundle (any type, any size) by, its renewal date, any unused allowance in your existing Bundle will carry over to the next month (but not any month after that). If you do not renew or change to a different Bundle by its renewal date you will not be able to use any unused allowance.

does that means only the first month your unused allowance is carried over or does it simply mean there will only be a maximum of 600 minutes and 600 texts at any time. so say i don't use my phone for 3 months the maximum will be 600 texts etc instead of 900?

thanks for any help
hutchy1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2007, 15:21   #32
TheOne
Inactive

TheOne is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchy1986 View Post
found what i'm looking for
few questions about this before switch over from orange.

Pay Monthly - Viewing Bites is free the duration of your contract. Things like WAP chat and downloads costs extra.

is this the case with the £10 sim only too? browsing is free(football scores for example)?

2. Carry over: If your Bundle is renewed on, or changed to a different Bundle (any type, any size) by, its renewal date, any unused allowance in your existing Bundle will carry over to the next month (but not any month after that). If you do not renew or change to a different Bundle by its renewal date you will not be able to use any unused allowance.

does that means only the first month your unused allowance is carried over or does it simply mean there will only be a maximum of 600 minutes and 600 texts at any time. so say i don't use my phone for 3 months the maximum will be 600 texts etc instead of 900?

thanks for any help
1. nope its not free, because i've been on a few times and been charged. The £10 offer is pay monthly and not a contract. In the terms and conditions it says its just a 1month min. contract on the offer and then you leave as you wish

2. yep, 600mins and texts is the max you can have in any 1 month

HTH
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 17:27   #33
hutchy1986
Inactive

i know i'm being a pain with all these questions but here is another couple-

do virgin actually offer a live football score service like the network '3'? i just put a pay&go sim in my phone and can't find anything that suggests live score service is offered.

also it says on the website it costs only 30p for a days use no matter how long your on it. does this apply to the sim only deal or will it cost more than 30p per day?

thanks for all your help
Old 20-04-2007, 22:18   #34
nicke261192
Inactive

Services: 1 V+ Box, 1 V Box, XL TV, L Broadband, L Phone, Sony Erricson C902 Vodafone Contract
nicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to nicke261192

Quote:
i know i'm being a pain with all these questions but here is another couple-

do virgin actually offer a live football score service like the network '3'? i just put a pay&go sim in my phone and can't find anything that suggests live score service is offered.

also it says on the website it costs only 30p for a days use no matter how long your on it. does this apply to the sim only deal or will it cost more than 30p per day?

thanks for all your help
No it will only cost 30p a day you can get live football scores by subscribing to virgin bites
nicke261192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2007, 18:27   #35
hutchy1986
Inactive

i tried signing up to this deal last night and got an instant email from them telling me i was unsuccessful due to credit or something?

i have never been on any sort of phone contract before or had credit cards etc. so not sure how i can have bad credit. they told me to pay 10 pounds to get a credit report online or send for one.
Old 22-04-2007, 20:53   #36
hutchy1986
Inactive

Thanks for getting in touch with Virgin Mobile to start a Pay Monthly contract. We're delighted you've decided to join us.
Unfortunately, your application to start a Pay Monthly contract has been unsuccessful. But that doesn't mean you should miss out on the chance to join Virgin Mobile and get great monthly value.
If you'd like to know more about how Virgin Mobile assess each application to Pay Monthly, you can. The information we base our decision on is available from our credit reference agency, Equifax. You're welcome to write to them and ask them for a copy of your credit file. That costs £2.
Here's their address:
Equifax PLC
PO Box 1140
Bradford
BD1 5US
You can also download your credit report online for £9.95. Just visit www.equifax.co.uk and click on 'Enlighten Me'.
We'd still love to have you with us so maybe Pay As You Go will be good for you!
If you make lots of calls to other UK networks you can use great value monthly airtime bundles. They give you massively discounted minutes and messages to other UK networks. To make topping up hassle free, you can grab an E-top up card, which means you can top up in loads more places than vouchers. Or you can register your credit or debit card and top up online whenever you need to.
To take your pick of Virgin Mobile's range of Pay As You Go phones and to choose a monthly airtime bundle, just visit www.virgin.com/mobile
Kind regards,

The Virgin Mobile team.

tried it twice now and got the unsuccessful email. don't know what this credit thing is about as my dad just ordered one with his details and everything went through fine.
Old 23-04-2007, 15:50   #37
hutchy1986
Inactive

just got an email from virgin telling me account is setup and giving me my number.

when i login i see this-

Here's your balance
Remaining balance: £5.00

i ordered a sim only pay monthly and gave them my direct debit details but when u login theres option to add your direct debit details and it also doesn't say anything about the 300 minutes and 300 texts so what is this 5 pounds credit for? is that just a welcome bonus?
Old 23-04-2007, 18:15   #38
TheOne
Inactive

TheOne is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, dont worry about the £5.00 i had that when i started up
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 19:32   #39
jimpy0
Permanently Banned

jimpy0 is infamous around these partsjimpy0 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Thanks for getting in touch with Virgin Mobile to start a Pay Monthly contract. We're delighted you've decided to join us.
Unfortunately, your application to start a Pay Monthly contract has been unsuccessful. But that doesn't mean you should miss out on the chance to join Virgin Mobile and get great monthly value.
If you'd like to know more about how Virgin Mobile assess each application to Pay Monthly, you can. The information we base our decision on is available from our credit reference agency, Equifax. You're welcome to write to them and ask them for a copy of your credit file. That costs £2.
Here's their address:
Equifax PLC
PO Box 1140
Bradford
BD1 5US
You can also download your credit report online for £9.95. Just visit www.equifax.co.uk and click on 'Enlighten Me'.
We'd still love to have you with us so maybe Pay As You Go will be good for you!
If you make lots of calls to other UK networks you can use great value monthly airtime bundles. They give you massively discounted minutes and messages to other UK networks. To make topping up hassle free, you can grab an E-top up card, which means you can top up in loads more places than vouchers. Or you can register your credit or debit card and top up online whenever you need to.
To take your pick of Virgin Mobile's range of Pay As You Go phones and to choose a monthly airtime bundle, just visit www.virgin.com/mobile
Kind regards,

The Virgin Mobile team.

tried it twice now and got the unsuccessful email. don't know what this credit thing is about as my dad just ordered one with his details and everything went through fine.
stuff paying anyone anything robbin gits as per CS advice write to

Virgin Media Finance
Willow Grove House
Whitehorse business Park
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 0XH

giving full name and address/DOB/account numbers for other VM services
present mobile number and get them to do it manually have just sent off my letter
jimpy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 00:36   #40
colin-bennett
cf.addict

colin-bennett has a spectacular aura about themcolin-bennett has a spectacular aura about themcolin-bennett has a spectacular aura about themcolin-bennett has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
i tried signing up to this deal last night and got an instant email from them telling me i was unsuccessful due to credit or something?

i have never been on any sort of phone contract before or had credit cards etc. so not sure how i can have bad credit. they told me to pay 10 pounds to get a credit report online or send for one.
Hi
Equifax hold details of credit ratings based on your history and gives out a credit score.
Your problem may just that they do not hold any data about you as you never had cards etc.
You are then given a low score as no data held to compile credit score.
Hope this helps..
colin-bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 01:20   #41
hutchy1986
Inactive

well as my dads was successful i will just use that sim thats coming and pay him the 10 quid a month as his phone isn't unlocked anyway. will save alot of hassle with writing to them or getting these credit reports which i don't even need.

thanks for help
Old 24-04-2007, 15:32   #42
hutchy1986
Inactive

Here's your balance
Here's how much you've spent: £5.00
Remaining minutes in bundle: 293
Remaining texts in bundle: 291
Your current bundle:
Pay Monthly SIM only Pay Monthly SIM only
Virgin 10 with 300+300
Your refresh date: 23/05/2007
Your credit limit: £100.00

can someone explain this to me please? it says i have spent £5 and what is the £100 credit limit?

thanks
Old 24-04-2007, 16:27   #43
Sauron
Inactive

Sauron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
do the 300 free texts include texting to usa if you live in the uk or will you be charged extra for overseas texts?
International texts cost 20p each
Sauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 16:33   #44
hutchy1986
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
International texts cost 20p each
found this website so i don't think it costs to call internationaly as it uses your inclusive minutes. so i doubt i will be texting if this calling method works out.

http://www.yourcallworld.com/calling.aspx?country=USA
Old 29-04-2007, 19:09   #45
EssDee
cf.addict

Services: VIP120 with TiVo
EssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really nice

Does the £10 300+300 bundle include picture messaging (e.g. 1 picture message equals 3 text messages)?

Cheers
EssDee is offline   Reply With Quote