Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | £10 300 texts 300 minutes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

£10 300 texts 300 minutes

Old 08-03-2007, 12:14   #1
Fred_Smith
Inactive

Fred_Smith is on a distinguished roadFred_Smith is on a distinguished road
£10 300 texts 300 minutes

Hi all

Quick question, can I get more than one SIM card with the £10 for 300 texts and 300 minute offer... I want to get one for my wife and one for me.

Cheers
Fred_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2007, 12:21   #2
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: £10 300 texts 300 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Smith View Post
Hi all

Quick question, can I get more than one SIM card with the £10 for 300 texts and 300 minute offer... I want to get one for my wife and one for me.

Cheers
Don't see why not, give them a call.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:31   #3
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

I tried looking at the website, I couldn't see it, but I think the offer was open to upto two SIM cards.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:42   #4
Fred_Smith
Inactive

Thanks, I'll give them a call when I get in tonight.
Old 08-03-2007, 13:08   #5
mr_bo
Inactive

Services: V+ | o2 BB
mr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful one

2 per household afaik.
mr_bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 13:23   #6
mcgurty
cf.member

Services: xl tv l broadband phone mobiles internet&phones
mcgurty is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Smith View Post
Hi all

Cheers
yes you can ive got 2
mcgurty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 14:38   #7
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I got none as they wouldn't let me have any! I am not angry about it honestly

Oh and in answer to your question yes you can have two
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 17:59   #8
carlitos
Inactive

carlitos is an unknown quantity at this point

do the minutes and text roll over if you dont use them up?
carlitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 18:17   #9
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
do the minutes and text roll over if you dont use them up?
Minutes may roll over to the next month, not sure about texts.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 18:48   #10
TheOne
Inactive

TheOne is an unknown quantity at this point

yep minutes rollover aswell

i currently have 200 texts left with about a week to go with my refresh date which will add another 300, so i'll keep collecting them for a long time to come as i dont text as much as i talk. lol
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 22:53   #11
tonycee
cf.member

Services: V6 100 broadband
tonycee is an unknown quantity at this point

The maximum texts and minutes you can have available is 600 of each at any time
tonycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:53   #12
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice

I phoned up about the offer and was told i could have two. I only ordered one though for my wife as my contract isn't up for another 6 months with Vodafone. I hope the offer is still on in 6 months time.

BTW my wife had to get her phone unlocked before she could use the new sim card.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:21   #13
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12noon View Post
I phoned up about the offer and was told i could have two. I only ordered one though for my wife as my contract isn't up for another 6 months with Vodafone. I hope the offer is still on in 6 months time.

BTW my wife had to get her phone unlocked before she could use the new sim card.
I found the migration process from Orange pretty simple. Just to make sure I had no problem, I kept the two accounts (Virgin Mobile & Orange) running in tandem. There was another reason - I was going overseas, and I don't think Virgin Mobile allow roaming in the first three months. Anyhow, Orange took about six weeks to come back with the unlock code. I then asked for a Port Authorisation Code, and called Virgin with that. They ported the number and that effectively terminates the Orange account. It was quite hassle free (apart from the wait for the unlock code I guess). I could probably have had the phone unlocked from a small phone store near work, but a) I hadn't seen the notice in the store window about unlocking phones, and b) I didn't want to end up with a bricked phone, and preferred to do it through Orange.

I'm using my phone more than when I was on Orange, but still manage to start each month off with 600 minutes and 600 text messages. (Yes, both are rolled over at the start of the month - but you can never have more than 600).
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:24   #14
Fred_Smith
Inactive

Thanks for all the answers.. I have one problem at the moment. I can't send a text message out (although I can send MMS). I have put the SIM card in another phone, and from that phone I also can't text.

I checked the SMS message centre number, it was +447958879890 I called customer service, but they said there is nothing wrong there end, but will get an engineer to look at the settings on the network... Anyone else had this issue?
Old 09-03-2007, 16:33   #15
bluecandylover

Services: Virgin Media VIVID 200, XL TV, TiVo 1Tb, Sky+HD 2Tb, Box Set Bundle

I want to go on this plan, however I can only use Orange, 02 and Vodafone!

I get ZERO signal for Virgin and T-Mobile in my area which is upsetting