Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

Old 04-02-2007, 19:04   #46
craggy
Inactive

craggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
Ive got Windows XP Home Edition and have Windows Media Player 11 and when i right click on any MP3 (in My Documents) i dont get any option in the list saying "Convert Audio File"

1. Once you have transfered the MP3's into the Audio folder and disconnected the cable etc.
2. Make sure your phone is out of the silent mode.
3. In the phones menu go to "3.Profile"
4. Select the "Outdoor" option or whichever you prefer from the list and then go down to "Personalise"
5. From the list select "Ringtone" and then select "Download"
6. Select the "Audio" folder and then just choose whichever MP3 you want and then just save it as a ringtone by pressing the top left button

hope that helps
Got it working now, it appears I was using the wrong profile

Thanks for the help

Craig
craggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2007, 22:31   #47
TheOne
Inactive

TheOne is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmaladejane View Post
I am having problems, I have dragged and dropped required files to audio file on the phone, when I check with windows messenger it says they are there, but when i try to use them as a ring tone, the audio folder on the phone says it is an empty file. Why can't I access them? Help, please!!

Take a look at this thread http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...5&postcount=44

Report back if you still cant do it

Good Luck
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 23:20   #48
marmaladejane
Inactive

marmaladejane is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
Take a look at this thread http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...5&postcount=44

Report back if you still cant do it

Good Luck
Already tried that but still cant get any results still saying empty file even though when I look in windows explorer it say the files are in my phone. Have even looked under mp3 player - all files say empty file.

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

Quote:
Already tried that but still cant get any results still saying empty file even though when I look in windows explorer it say the files are in my phone. Have even looked under mp3 player - all files say empty file.
just thought is it because they are wma files and if so how do I cure the problem?
marmaladejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 17:32   #49
TheOne
Inactive

Quote:

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

just thought is it because they are wma files and if so how do I cure the problem?
ahhh !!! the phone will only play mp3 files, so you will have to convert them from wma to mp3 using conversion software.

P.S i have PM'd you some software that is quite good and is free

Thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 21:52   #50
marmaladejane
Inactive

marmaladejane is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks have now sorted problem though someone suggested switch as soft ware which I found easier to follow. Thanks again
marmaladejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:56   #51
Lucifers' Angel
Inactive

Lucifers' Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm on also xp and don't get that convert audio file option either.

I got my new battery and my cable this morning and the cable works brilliantly. I'm so happy!
Lucifers' Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 19:17   #52
NickTheFox
Inactive

NickTheFox is an unknown quantity at this point

Find a screen snap of where "Audio Convert Format" appears, should be attached...........NickThefox
NickTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 22:35   #53
Lucifers' Angel
Inactive

Lucifers' Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder why it doesn't show on my xp
Lucifers' Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 00:38   #54
luckybleeder
Inactive

luckybleeder is an unknown quantity at this point

No joy for me i'm afraid! First they promised a data cable within 7 - 10 days with no joy but a froogle link to a site that doesn't sell them (?), then an apology sent on the 5th of this Month that they had new stocks and i will recieve one within 7 days. You can all guess the outcome

Why lie to me? If they can't source the cables for a phone that they sold me months ago then i can only assume they are incapable of running a business and i would advise any other potential virgin mobile/media customers to stear well clear.
luckybleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 18:02   #55
Haffalump1
Inactive

Haffalump1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

Well ive been searching for a cable for months and have just found this site! Just sent an email to virgin so...well...fingers crossed
Haffalump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 00:27   #56
TheOne
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haffalump1 View Post
Well ive been searching for a cable for months and have just found this site! Just sent an email to virgin so...well...fingers crossed
good luck, i was in the same situation as you until i came across the thread on here, emailed Virgin and ended up getting it around 6 weeks later...for free, works just like a plug and play device, no need for any software or anything
Old 19-04-2007, 17:49   #57
funkysheep911
Inactive

funkysheep911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

Hi, I got a virgin lobster 575 for christmas and i hav been tryin 2 get a cable 4 bout 4 months now!!! I rang up vorginmobile bout 1 month ago & they told me to go to a virgin mobile store or the store i got the phone from, and see if they have any in stock which they, of course didn't!!! pez help me im getin desperate!!!
funkysheep911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 15:18   #58
TheOne
Inactive

sorry to hear about that.

Ring up Virgin Mobile and just be really firm with them and tell them all the hassle and messing about you've been put through by them already and demand one!!!

Having said that, i managed to get one after a couple of emails. But i think a firm phone call should do the trick

Good luck
Old 01-05-2007, 14:08   #59
luckybleeder
Inactive

luckybleeder is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

Sick and tired of beeing peed about so i sent this ..

OK! Now i'm fairly peed off!!

Initial request for a cable 31/10/06 over six months ago.

01/11/06 Nathan Pitcher - Tracking #A00000580354-00003961219
Nathan sends me a link to www.m-99.co.uk suggesting they stock my lobster 575 data. They don't! They pulled the product due to high customer returns.

10/11/06 Chris Hodges - Tracking #A00000580354-00004018574
Told Chris that without a cable the MP3 and 1.3 MP camera was useless without a data cable and asked if i can return it for a refund. Good news, i can if bought within 28 days! Unfortunately for me i bought before that period expired so that wasn't much help.

03/02/07 Victoria Cooper - Tracking #A00000580354-00004526905
Good news They have received new stock of the cables so i will get one within the next 7 days! Nice one, now maybe i can use my MP3 phone and get the pictures i've taken with it onto my PC.

16/02/07 Tony Davies - Tracking #A00000580354-00004608256
Seven days had long passed and still no cable Tony tells me they did have cables but i didn't get sent one!! Awaiting new supplies.

27/02/07 Mark Elliot - Tracking #A00000580354-00004681852
Now i'm getting somewhere Mark promises a cable will be sent out within the next 7 days. Hang on, Victoria said that 2 weeks ago didn't she? My hope is raised when Virgin Mobile call me that night to confirm

23/03/07 Daizi Reynolds - Tracking #A00000580354-00004834985
Daizi now tells me that they have no stock of the cable but promised i would get one within the next four weeks. Daizi wrote that she'd understand if i switched networks. Nice of her i suppose?

TODAY
Still no cable, no call, no email or any sign of the above mentioned actually doing anything to help at all. For six months i have received nothing but lies from your Mobile Choice award winning customer service department.

My family own four mobiles phones all locked to Virgin Mobile. I am so upset by your lack of help that I feel I must ask for unlock codes so that i may switch our network provider.

Is there a secure email address where i can send the IME codes?

Thank you.
luckybleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 10:46   #60
TheOne
Inactive

The data cables are worth more than the actual phone on eBay !!!