Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Promotional texts ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Promotional texts ?

Old 19-10-2008, 11:45   #1
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Promotional texts ?

Has anyone else had this on their Virgin Mobile ?

I call 789, I'm told my airtime balance, and then I'm told I have 750 promotional texts.

What are these promotional texts ?

Anyone have any idea ?

Thankyou.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2008, 11:55   #2
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers
Re: Promotional texts ?

Are you PAYG? It might be the free weekend text promotion? http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...ack.shop.sm062

Before it tells me my remaining txts/minutes it gives me an annoying message about the promo, and I'm on pay monthly so it's so annoying!
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 12:14   #3
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I'm on Pay As you Go but I'm sure I had this before the weekends thing as you only get that if you top up with £10 during the week.
Maybe they arel inked I dont know.

Thanks.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 18:31   #4
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

If you topped up £10 in September, you get 500 free texts in October.
I got mine after phoning up, but they're saying my daughter who has topped up with £5 every week since July didn't top up in September at all. Then I spoke to a manager who said she topped up with £5 in September so doesn't get them anyway.
Upshot is they're getting their technical dept to look at her account history now.
Given that they are clueless as to how much she topped up.
Wouldn't mind but she'll use all 500, whereas I'll struggle to as I hate texting.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 19:44   #5
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

I got rid of my Virgin PAYG mobile for a contract with someone else. Was costing me a small fortune in text messages. I was topping up with at least £15 a month and not once did I get any promotional messages
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote