Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Engineer visit, help needed?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Cost per month 60mb upgrade?

Old 14-04-2012, 11:46   #1
mroebuck
Inactive

mroebuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Cost per month 60mb upgrade?

Hi

On the VM website under "My Offers" I was offered the 60mb upgrade FROM £5.00 per month! It also mentioned that this was a "guide price ONLY" and that once selected, an email would be sent letting me know the EXACT monthly increase! I received an email but there was NO mention of cost! The SH will be delivered sometime today but I will not perform the upgrade until I am sure of the extra cost per month! I have phoned 150 several times over the last few days but lose the will to live after over 20 mins on hold! I have also emailed them but they refuse to send account info via email! I DON"T want account information just the monthly cost increase!
mroebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2012, 12:23   #2
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age
Re: Cost per month 60mb upgrade???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroebuck View Post
Hi

On the VM website under "My Offers" I was offered the 60mb upgrade FROM £5.00 per month! It also mentioned that this was a "guide price ONLY" and that once selected, an email would be sent letting me know the EXACT monthly increase! I received an email but there was NO mention of cost! The SH will be delivered sometime today but I will not perform the upgrade until I am sure of the extra cost per month! I have phoned 150 several times over the last few days but lose the will to live after over 20 mins on hold! I have also emailed them but they refuse to send account info via email! I DON"T want account information just the monthly cost increase!
That is account information as it specific to your account.

You'll have to call them, no other way.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 17:54   #3
Daveoc64
cf.addict

Services: Freeview Play, Virgin Media Gig1
Daveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Cost per month 60mb upgrade?

Virgin Media's pricing is so confusing that I don't even think that they understand it.

In some cases, it's actually cheaper to upgrade because you're on an old package!

I'd phone them up again. It doesn't usually take that long in my experience if you hit them at the right time.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 19:56   #4
kandinsky
cf.member

kandinsky is an unknown quantity at this point

I just looked at my offers and it says I can have 30mb for £3-05 extra a month. I think to myself I ll go for that.... and on the next page they want £50 to install a superhub!!

kandinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 20:03   #5
jimexbox
Inactive

jimexbox is on a distinguished roadjimexbox is on a distinguished road

They don't install it, they just send one. You don't need a superhub for 30Mb. Ring them up and tell them you're happy with your modem and all you want is the config file. No installation fee.
jimexbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 20:04   #6
Sherlock Holmes
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 60MB XL Broadband, XL TV with TiVo, XL phone.
Sherlock Holmes is on a distinguished roadSherlock Holmes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
and on the next page they want £50 to install a superhub!!

Try asking them for a quick start install. They'll post it to you and it will then cost £20 instead of £50. Moan about it over the phone politely and they may reduce it further to £10 if your lucky (I know someone who did this the other week).

Cheers
Sherlock Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 20:15   #7
kandinsky
cf.member

kandinsky is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys.. .I ll try that.

kandinsky is offline   Reply With Quote