Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Traffic Management Changes - April 2nd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Traffic Management Changes - April 2nd

Old 02-04-2012, 10:54   #61
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Traffic Management Changes - April 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
Maybe they can't decided yet because if the STM is pretty worse than the old one
Except it's not, for most people
Old 02-04-2012, 10:57   #62
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

I bet lower 30 Meg will be worse off on STM then the higher one 120 Meg.

I hope 30 Meg will allow 10Gb per day or 310Gb per month before it kick in STM with 50% reduce in speed from 30 to 15 Meg ?
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:26   #63
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

New management policy is now live at www.virginmedia.com/traffic
Old 02-04-2012, 11:40   #64
philipp
Inactive

Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
philipp is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not as bad as I thought.

The only niggle I have is waiting for double speed (from october mine apparantly is). As soon as you have double speed your quota gets doubled. Like the way it only halves though.

(XXL 50 is 10 gig daytime , 5 gig 4-9 )
(XXL 100 is 20 gig daytime , 10 gig 4-9 )
philipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:42   #65
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Old 02-04-2012, 11:43   #66
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Was there any need to do that?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:48   #67
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Was there any need to do that?
Its what trolls do

I have no issue with the new STM

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:52   #68
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

New STM isn't that bad at all. But, will they restrict on BBCi player, Skygo, YouTubes, Skype video chat ?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:55   #69
mark1234
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL, Broadband XL (60), Phone XL, Windows 7 Media Centre
mark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to all

So, going from 20Mb to 60Mb (as per the planned upgrades) means that the peak time download limit goes from 3500MB to 5000MB. Proportionately that's a lot worse. Though I guess the 50% reduction still gives more than 20Mb was to start with.
mark1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:55   #70
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
New STM isn't that bad at all. But, will they restrict on BBCi player, Skygo, YouTubes, Skype video chat ?
The way the management works hasn't changed
Old 02-04-2012, 11:56   #71
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

A bit confused. I'm on 10MB (though I only get about 3MB) . I won't be "upgraded" until October 2012 - July 2013.

Therefore this doesn't affect me

right?
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:57   #72
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
A bit confused. I'm on 10MB (though I only get about 3MB) . I won't be "upgraded" until October 2012 - July 2013.

Therefore this doesn't affect me

right?
Correct. The management on M 10, L 10 and XL 20 hasn't changed
Old 02-04-2012, 11:58   #73
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:01   #74
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Just as well my area is due to be upgraded this month to 100mb. I feel sorry for those on 50mb that's going to have a long wait.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:05   #75
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Mines due March/April (I presume it's now April ) but as I download everything about 7-9am It's not going to be an issue on the current 50Mb
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote