Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Galaxy S3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Samsung Galaxy S3

Old 07-06-2012, 06:46   #151
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

Ok, I'm less jealous
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2012, 10:00   #152
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
To be honest the tablet is pretty lame, particularly next to the Galaxy S III. Worse screen quality, much slower, much much laggier (particularly with stock launcher) and pretty much inferior in every way other than size. Also only runs Honeycomb. Only thing that isn't worse is 5Ghz wireless receive strength, that on the GS3 is pitiful. But the GS3 often ends up faster thanks to HT mode which the tab doesn't have.
Feel free to send the tab my way then
Old 07-06-2012, 16:05   #153
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Feel free to send a pile of cash my way in exchange :P

It's probably going on ebay soon tbh.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 16:40   #154
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Selling a freebie, thats just wrong :P
Old 07-06-2012, 17:12   #155
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Meh, I'm selling my One X too, that was also a "freebie" (in exchange for a £36 a month contract)

Hell, most contract phones are freebies these days. If it weren't for the tab, I could have got the phone about £250 cheaper elsewhere, so I'm sure CPW are still making a nice wad of profit.

Frankly I'd rather take the cash. Cash doesn't depreciate (as much).
Old 07-06-2012, 17:53   #156
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Well they aren't exactly freebies as you are taking on a contract for a length of time and at a higher price than if it was just for the contract alone.
Old 07-06-2012, 18:31   #157
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Which applies as much to the tablet as it does the phone.

Never really needed the upgrade anyway, but the change of tariff to unlimited minutes is nice, I can stop worrying about the one or two months a year I go mad on phone calls...
Old 07-06-2012, 20:29   #158
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Technicality not as the Tab was a free extra gift to the first 1,000 pre-orders.
Old 07-06-2012, 20:40   #159
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Yeah but the first pre-orders also cost more, so back to your original point, it's not exactly a freebie as I am taking on a contract for a length of time and at a higher price than if it was just for the phone.
Old 07-06-2012, 23:25   #160
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

no they didn't. When I first registered for the offer I was getting the phone free at £36 a month and that was the same price after. The Tab was genuinely free. Thats why it was a really small amount available.
Old 07-06-2012, 23:43   #161
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

When I registered for the offer it (and the price I paid) was £36 a month + £49 for the phone. A few hours later once all the tabs were gone it was £28 a month + free phone. A day or two so later other retailers had it at £25 a month + free phone + £80 cashback. By release day you could get the phone for £49 on a £21.50 a month contract.
Old 08-06-2012, 00:41   #162
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

When the tab was first there I got £36 a month, free phone. Then after the tab offer that price was still there.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:58   #163
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

That price was still there, but cheaper prices (i.e. £28 a month) also appeared.
Old 08-06-2012, 13:12   #164
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I got S3 this morning. Decide to get white ne instead of waiting for blue one. Its a good phone. Its hard getting to grips with Andriod after being on iOS for 3 years.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

My phone is currently using 579 of 780 ram, thats when i clear all process
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 13:22   #165
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

You shouldn't clear processes on Android. It manages them automatically for you in the background.