Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Speed Tripled - Nice & Simple

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Speed Tripled - Nice & Simple

Old 12-03-2012, 19:56   #16
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Speed Tripled - Nice & Simple

well not that much rofl but it be a bit boring nto having some of your comment and opinions
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2012, 19:59   #17
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
everyone has, qasdfdsaq wanted to send out a search party but we didnt know where to look
Lulz.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:16   #18
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

ive lost count at the amount of posts saying "ignition would know, but he hasnt posted here for a while"
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:26   #19
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

I know nothing, see nothing, hear nothing.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:32   #20
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Nothing*

* The same loose definition of "nothing" as Virgin Media's definition of "Unlimited", "Double", "Everyone" and "2011".
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 21:09   #21
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Just done a few tests wired and there is little difference to be honest - the above is the highest upload speed I managed (varied from 2.5 to the above) so it would seem that it is like Ignition mentioned earlier and an interim upgrade to the download speeds. The upload has gone up a little though as the highest I ever achieved on 20Mb was around 2Mb.

So I'll say well done to VM on this occasion, they have delivered what they promised earlier than expected and made the £3.50 price increase seem a little more palatable now (just hope they throw in some more HD on the TV side too and make Superblade a happy boy!!!).
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 21:10   #22
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
I know nothing, see nothing, hear nothing.
Thats because your a machine
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 23:29   #23
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

good stuff dude, post here mate > http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...ble-speed.html
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 23:43   #24
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
Andrew,

I logged into My Virgin Media and just above the box with your bill info was a green box saying click for more info about speed upgrades. Clicked on that and then another box popped up stating my upgrade was 20 to 60 and advising me to click on the 'Upgrade Me' button.

It may only be available as and when your upgrade is ready to be rolled out.

Hope that helps, Superblade7
I get the same green box at the top: "We've started boosting our customers' broadband speeds around the country. Got any questions about when your area's getting upgraded or how it will affect your broadband?"

Clicking the link though gives me a nice yellow background with Sorry, there?s a problem and we can?t display your page at the moment. Which is fantastic
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 23:51   #25
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Had the same green box as you but no option to upgrade it yet. didn't think so either as 100Mb is not available in my area yet either.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 23:58   #26
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

this might not mean much here skie but ive had glitches using Chrome in the past so i switched to IE.

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

btw my areas not ready yet. check my thinkbroadband youd think id get 50 or 100 seeing as its semi ready but no! when i called to possibly upgrade it got declined saying my area isnt yet ready to carry the load. once upgrades are done ill be able to but heres the jaw dropping line i got which amazed me 'we've made mistakes upgrading people in the past but we've learnt from it and only advise higher speeds after the upgrade to be completly safe'

amazing stuff got to praise the women/women and then man for saying pretty much the same thing
Old 13-03-2012, 00:04   #27
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

I tried it in Firefox and Chrome. I guess the web monkeys at VM just ran out of bananas.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 00:14   #28
thenry
Inactive

lol try IE
Old 13-03-2012, 12:27   #29
scrooge
Inactive

scrooge is on a distinguished roadscrooge is on a distinguished road

Sweet! Just clicked on the green box and ordered my upgrade (the doublespeed checker says April-July for my postcode LE3 2xx).

I'm on 20Mb without a superhub so a superhub is being delivered next Weds for a self install. yay!
scrooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 12:32   #30
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Logged onto My Virgin Media this morning, saw the green box for the broadband upgrade. Was surprised to see I could proceed to actually order the upgrade considering my area (Nottingham) is not due to be upgraded until October this year at the earliest.

Decided to proceed with the order submission to see what happens!

Currently on 20MB with SH/DOCSIS3 already installed; due an upgrade to 60MB. Order stated 60MB so can only be fulfilled as part of the speed doubling exercise as doesn’t exist today. Suspect this may be a very long order lead-time for me or I could get the download now and upload later?
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote