Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Break up of Picture/Sound Distoration Catchup/On Demand TV Samsung V+

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

virgin remote control changing channels

Old 16-03-2012, 23:07   #1
defty77
Inactive

Services: tvl, broadband xl and telephonel
defty77 is an unknown quantity at this point
virgin remote control changing channels

Hi all, am new to this site so please bear with me, about 6 months ago whenever i pressed a button on my virgin control (didnt matter which button) it switched the channel on my tv from hdmi 1 (from which i view virgin) to hdmi side (no idea what this is as I have never used it) with the screen being black with no signal. This suddenly stopped as abruptly as it started, now about a week ago it has started again!!!! it used to do it every now and then, but now it happens EVERY time i press a button on my virgin remote it changes the channel!!!! bearing in mind that i have to use the tv remote to change it back, and then again and again! I have rang Virgin and the lady in India didnt have a clue! (and im sure she said she was called rihanna! Please help as its at a point where its no use watching virgin, and now becoming a white elephant!!!!!
defty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2012, 01:18   #2
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
What's Side HDMI there usually called HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3 etc. Must be the HDMI on the side on your TV.

Which TV model have you got and what VM box?
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 07:33   #3
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: virgin remote control changing channels

Could be problems with the IR signal. Have you changed the batteries moved anything in the room etc.

How long did the problem last the first time?
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 08:41   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Crappy ikea or pound land batteries do this
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 16:13   #5
defty77
Inactive

Services: tvl, broadband xl and telephonel
defty77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and thanks for replying, the tv model is 42pfl7603d/10 being a philips (if that means anything to you? lol) , nothing has been moved in the area. batteries are the ones that came with the remote, but have used duracel to see if it is the batteries, a technician has been around and he is as baffled as us! One possibility is perhaps the frequency of the tv might be the same or near to one that is used by the remote!
defty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 16:51   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Check Philips' website for a firmware update for your TV. I remember them releasing an update to fix this on one of their TVs, but I don't know which model it was.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 17:22   #7
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I had almost same problem...except I was lucky...the buttons I pressed changed to the channels i wanted to watch
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote