Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | At my wits end!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

New International Call package coming Soon!

Old 23-07-2010, 19:08   #1
Adison
Inactive

Adison is an unknown quantity at this point
New International Call package coming Soon!

Hi there, first post so be gentle please.

had a quick look and can't find anything else referring to this.

So I e-mailed Virgin asking why I have to pay extra to get inclusive minutes for international calls and I got a very nice reply from Graeme Oxby (Managing Director of Mobile and Home phone).

Thank you for your email which Neil has passed to me to deal with.

I understand your concern about the international calling and am pleased to say that we will be launching an international pack - which will include calls to Spain - later on this year.

As far as upload speeds go, we are planning to improve upload speeds for all customers over the remainder of the year so hopefully, by the end of the year, you will have noticed an increase.

That you for being a loyal customer and taking the trouble to write to us.

Yours sincerely

Graeme Oxby

Managing Director – Mobile and Home Phone

I also asked about upload speeds but I think its general knowledge about the upload increase this year?

but hopefully I will be able to get a better bundle if I can drop my anytime minutes!
Adison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-07-2010, 20:01   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: New International Call package coming Soon!

It sounds ok but he has not put anything in there that he could be held accountable for in any such as a possible timescale.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 22:29   #3
jimbo2
Inactive

jimbo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

He mentioned an upgrade of broadband as well. Any idea whether if you are on a 10MB service, will you go up to 20MB automatically by Christmas?
jimbo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 23:19   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2 View Post
He mentioned an upgrade of broadband as well. Any idea whether if you are on a 10MB service, will you go up to 20MB automatically by Christmas?
That post above mentions upload speed not download speed.

I personally cannot see a reason for getting rid of the 10Mb tier which would be inline with most european ISP's which have similar packages to this such as 10, 20, 50 and 100Mb once the rollout begins.
Old 25-07-2010, 00:46   #5
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Maybe to balance the "number games" of "up to 24Mb" ADSL, they might consider moving L up to 20, XL up to 50, and XXL up to 100 as they roll it out, or alternatively, minimum 20 with varying STM limits on the lower tiers.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 01:03   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
Maybe to balance the "number games" of "up to 24Mb" ADSL, they might consider moving L up to 20, XL up to 50, and XXL up to 100 as they roll it out, or alternatively, minimum 20 with varying STM limits on the lower tiers.
Never gonna happen as this would require a mass modem swap that would cost a fortune.
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 11:15   #7
jimbo2
Inactive

jimbo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

They could put L up to 20 with no hastle, as 20 is the limit for the lower bitrate modems.

I did actually ask CS about an update to 20 for L and they said they knew nothing. Did anyone really hear this was to happen or is it just speculation?

Thanks.
jimbo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 11:31   #8
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2 View Post
They could put L up to 20 with no hastle, as 20 is the limit for the lower bitrate modems.

I did actually ask CS about an update to 20 for L and they said they knew nothing. Did anyone really hear this was to happen or is it just speculation?

Thanks.
I rather doubt that will happen especially as the are 2 separate tiers on 10Mb at the present time and to upgrade both tiers would be a costly exercise with the majority of customers actually being on 10Mb at present.

The next rollout will be 100Mb which is supposed to begin at the end of the year and is likely to take up much of 2011.

As I said above the likely tiers will be 10, 20, 50 and 100Mb, with 50 and 100Mb both requiring different equipment to the lower tiers.