Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problem with virgin landline

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Standard Wap Not Working Anymore

Old 21-06-2008, 17:21   #1
hardtarget
Inactive

hardtarget is an unknown quantity at this point
Standard Wap Not Working Anymore

My GSM wap has stopped working in the last few days,
i used to use that instead of GPRs as it used to be taken out of my minutes.
Have virgin stopped that wap now or is it just my connection and i need new wap settings?
hardtarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2008, 15:11   #2
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Standard Wap Not Working Anymore

Its still available, you might need your settings reset.

Try the following:

Call: 789 and select option 0 in the main menu to speak to someone.

Online: www.virginmobile.co.uk/youraccount You can get them to send the settings on there website.

Also the cost of using Virgin Mobile GPRS was reduced on the 23rd June, its now 60% cheaper.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 15:16   #3
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
Its still available, you might need your settings reset.

Try the following:
Not doubting you, but are you sure? Virgin resell t-mobile bandwidth, and t-mobile shut down their own WAP service a few days back.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean VM have.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 15:40   #4
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Not doubting you, but are you sure? Virgin resell t-mobile bandwidth, and t-mobile shut down their own WAP service a few days back.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean VM have.
Is it definitely dead already? This article reckons it'll still be running until the 9th July.

Not that it helps the OP much - just puts the problem off for a week or so!
brundles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 16:29   #5
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

That's what I was thinking of... I have to admit, I haven't used a WAP phone since about 2001, so have no way of checking.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 19:36   #6
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Yes it is working at my end.

They have no real reason to shut it down because it could be used as a back up.

I've checked it with the old one2one settings on a t-Mobile sim and it works perfectly fine.

I know i've had a drink,but i'm not imagining it LOL

Btw, T-Mobile CSD Wap is very very expensive!!!!
Old 29-06-2008, 00:00   #7
eth01
Inactive

eth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to all

T-Mobile is harshly expensive.
eth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 15:59   #8
m419
Inactive

No the GPRS service is cheap its just £1 per day or £2.50 for 5 days.

Also from 1st July, here are the new prices on T-Mobile:

Mates Rates and Text Appeal:

Calling other networks: Goes down from 40p to 25p per minute
Calls to T-Mobile phones and UK landlines goes up to 25p per minute
Minimum call charge: Minimum of 1 minute for all calls

Standard plan:

Calling other UK networks goes down to 25p per minute
Calling other T-Mobile phones and UK landlines goes down from 30p per for first 3 minutes of calls each day to 25p per minute. Calls after 3 minutes remain at the usual 5p per minute rate.

No changes to....

Text messaging prices
Free Voicemail on Relax Pay as You Go and Standard plan
Pay as you go everyone 15p per minute call rates
GPRS prices
Customer service prices
40p per minute rates to call 08 numbers

Rather than using Pay as you go everyone, I would suggest using Virgin Mobile Daily Bonus Tariff,benefits are:

15p per minute to call anywhere at anytime even 08 numbers
Free Voicemail
Cheaper minimum call charge
10p to talk to there team
5 minutes of free calls and 5 free texts everyday
Old 11-02-2009, 13:12   #9
m419
Inactive

Forget that, Virgin Mobile now offer GPRS internet on your phone for a flat fee of 30p and Orange offer free GPRS on the Dolphin pay as you go and Panther Pay Monthly plans.