Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Galaxy S3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Samsung Galaxy S3

Old 28-03-2012, 16:24   #1
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Samsung Galaxy S3

Any know when the release date for this is? My upgrade is soon and i want to move from iOS to Android and i have seen the rumored specs of this and i want it
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2012, 17:21   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

No idea on the dates as they range through out the year, but is this what it will look like, looks pretty smart but i hate how phones seem to be going to 4.7in which i think is far too big for the pocket, unless the form factor is the same as a 4.3in phone.

http://www.techspot.com/news/47851-r...nt-in-may.html
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 10:45   #3
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
No idea on the dates as they range through out the year, but is this what it will look like, looks pretty smart but i hate how phones seem to be going to 4.7in which i think is far too big for the pocket, unless the form factor is the same as a 4.3in phone.

http://www.techspot.com/news/47851-r...nt-in-may.html
I like it, i agree the screen is a tad too big but when i see it ill see if it works for me
Old 29-03-2012, 16:14   #4
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

It wouldn't surprise me if it would be announced in April and available in may June time
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 20:56   #5
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if it would be announced in April and available in may June time
I wish it was availabe today
Old 03-05-2012, 21:40   #6
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Announced today available end of May looks like an awesome phone spec..

WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!

http://www.samsung.com/uk/gs3/index.html#
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 21:51   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I really hate how phones are getting bigger and bigger. 4.3in on my sensation is about the right size for my pocket.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 21:59   #8
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I looked at the initial reports...I will stick to my galaxy nexus

The nexus has a 1,750mAh battery, and ICS manages battery life quite good..I charge once a day. It has dual core.

The new samsung has quad core, and 2100 battery, and quad core uses battery better.

That alone might tempt me, if I hadn't of bought the nexus.

These days, battery consumption (and having a pure android) is my big criteria.

So this phone does it, and I think that this phone won't play around with too much add ons to the android system...so if I was buying now..this would be the one.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 22:44   #9
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

An early review...

http://www.stuff.tv/news/phone/hands...eview?page=0,0
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:03   #10
nstokes
Inactive

I cant wait for it. I have had an iPhone 3G and at moment have an iPhone 4 and i really want the S3 as looks a great phone and is a change from iOS
Old 04-05-2012, 10:10   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I cant wait for it. I have had an iPhone 3G and at moment have an iPhone 4 and i really want the S3 as looks a great phone and is a change from iOS
l very happy with my SG2 and have no intention of forking out for another update of a phone for a considerable time into the future.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13   #12
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Bit disappointing really. They haven't 'pushed' it much beyond what was there already. There is no standout 'wow' factor, even the design apes the Galaxy Nexus. Might have expected too much...
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14   #13
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Personally, I don't like the curvy bar of soap look of it.......
Old 04-05-2012, 10:19   #14
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l very happy with my SG2 and have no intention of forking out for another update of a phone for a considerable time into the future.
Well my upgrade is beginning of June so will update. My sister has S2 and looks great so i knew at that point i wanted S3
Old 04-05-2012, 10:54   #15
clumsymum
Inactive

Services: BB M TV L and V+ Phone L
clumsymum is on a distinguished roadclumsymum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes, I'm with you. I got my S2 in February - my first smartphone - having struggled to decide between Galaxy S2 or iPhone4. I'm chuffed to bits with it (now I've got used to managing android), and it'll be with me for at least the full 2 years of the contract, probably longer if it doesn't conk out.

Personally I like the larger format in a smartphone, it makes doing the 'non-phone' things with it much easier (surfing, reading the e-version of todays paper, looking at a spreadsheet I need to show work client - the reasons I bought a smartphone).
I do lust after a Note (not enough to shell out more money tho'), but I recognise that as a mere woman, I do have the advantage of carrying a bag around with most of the time to carry it in. In fact, the larger format is an advantage. It doesn't get lost in the bottom of my bag, so I can actually find it to answer before calls get transferred to voicemail.
clumsymum is offline   Reply With Quote