Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | webstar modem problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

webstar modem problems

Old 01-04-2009, 15:55   #1
josephine thomso
Inactive

josephine thomso is an unknown quantity at this point
webstar modem problems

hi im new to this so im hoping im postiing this request in the right forum
i have a webstar modem had the same one now for a good few years i also have a d-link wireless router my prob is that the past 2wks my modem only has3 lights working and my internet comes and goes all the time i called virgin and was told it was prob my router that was the prob so i called dlink and was talked through it all and everything was as it should be which i thought was the case as i can still recieve wireless on my lappy i know there was always 4 lights working on the modem b4 and the lan lights on the router used to flash aswell they now do only periodically(then i can get online)but it only lasts for short bursts
the modem is a white vertical style and the lights are as follows
power=green light (solid)
pc =green light(flashing)
data = no light
cable = (green light solid)
i dont know if ive explained the prob properly i hope there is someone who knows whats up and thanx in advance if anyone can help
forgot to add sometimes the cable light isnt on either
josephine thomso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2009, 16:03   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: webstar modem problems

That modem is a DPX100 and should really be replaced so another call to Tech Support is in order.

Open a browser and in the address bar put or click the link > http://192.168.100.1/ the password and username are both root if required.
What I want you to post is the Downstream power levels including the SNR and the Upstream power levels for me thanks.
DO NOT POST YOUR MAC ADDRESS OR SERIAL NUMBER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check the frequency as well by clicking here http://192.168.100.1/gscan.htm and if it looks like 331250000 then click the reset link below as it should be 331000000/339000000
---------------------------------------------------------------
A Frequency fix for Scientific Atlanta DPX100 modems
Click the link and you will get a popup telling you " set successfully"
Close the message box and your modem will reboot and lock on to the correct frequency, this should help until your new modem turns up.
http://192.168.100.1/gscan.cgi?freq=0
---------------------------------------------------------------
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 16:54   #3
josephine thomso
Inactive

josephine thomso is an unknown quantity at this point

Hardware Version
Software Version
1.0.5 r1.1.3 (cm.update.bin)
Receive Power Level
10.17 dBmV
Transmit Power Level
43.00 dBmV
Cable Modem Status
operational

is this what your asking for thx

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

i have jst been on2 virgin and they are sending me a brand new shiney modem
lol the tech told me ive had this 1 since 2002 and is well in need of replacing so thx for your help and sound advice
josephine thomso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 17:46   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephine thomso View Post
Hardware Version
Software Version
1.0.5 r1.1.3 (cm.update.bin)
Receive Power Level
10.17 dBmV
Transmit Power Level
43.00 dBmV
Cable Modem Status
operational

is this what your asking for thx

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

i have jst been on2 virgin and they are sending me a brand new shiney modem
lol the tech told me ive had this 1 since 2002 and is well in need of replacing so thx for your help and sound advice
They are fine but while waiting for your new modem try this it may give a short term fix till it arrives.

A Frequency fix for Scientific Atlanta DPX100 modems
Click the link and you will get a popup telling you " set successfully"
Close the message box and your modem will reboot and lock on to the correct frequency, this should help until your new modem turns up.
http://192.168.100.1/gscan.cgi?freq=0
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote