Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 30MB minimum by end of 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

30MB minimum by end of 2012

Old 03-03-2012, 00:43   #46
Meatballs
Inactive

Meatballs is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 30M minimum by end of 2012

I'm on 10meg and phoned retentions today. Prompted by their price rise letter (I guess the amount of people who dont bother * £1.50 >>> people who phone up get better subscription for cheaper) .

Price drop, TV M -> M+, and they're sending out a super hub.

The guy said something along the lines of, 'You'll be doubling up to 20 but likely you'll be able to get up to around 30 after the upgrades'. 10Mmeg is more than enough for me(and I'm a pretty heavy user) so I didn't really bother to push him further on it although it did sound a bit weird.
Meatballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2012, 00:59   #47
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I have the WNR2000 that they supplied a while ago and I am on 30mb reduced from 50mb so I think this router could handle 60mb I wouldn't pay out again for a not needed superhub
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:06   #48
ssr
Inactive

ssr is on a distinguished roadssr is on a distinguished road

And everybody was cheering like mad, except one little boy. You see, he hadn't heard about the magic suit and didn't know what he was supposed to see. Well, as the King came by the little boy looked and, horrified, said:

"Look at the King! Look at the the King! Look at the King, the King, the King!
The King is in the all together
But all together the all together
He's all together as naked as the day that he was born.

Ye of little faith!
ssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:14   #49
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

It is called knowledge unlike that idiot in Retentions who just lied to sound good.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 16:56   #50
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Isn't that how most men get women?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 17:43   #51
ssr
Inactive

ssr is on a distinguished roadssr is on a distinguished road

Meatballs told vrtually the same story?
ssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 18:20   #52
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Why would retentions get this info and not technicians, it's just usual retention bs to make customers stay
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 18:26   #53
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

You guys need to listen to Ben .. he's not going to lie to you ..
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 18:50   #54
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

ok im goign to tell you that virin is making 100mb stand end of 2013 and 2gb the top tier product by the same time and i work for rentition so does that make me right?

oh by the way i dnt work for virign meida rentetion jsut using it as a example
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 18:59   #55
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
ok im goign to tell you that virin is making 100mb stand end of 2013 and 2gb the top tier product by the same time and i work for rentition so does that make me right?
No
Old 03-03-2012, 19:04   #56
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No
my point ben just cause someone says it doesnt make it right, rentetion i ave found lie to try keep you from leaving, i have phoned then recently because i am considering leaving esicpaly if i can get infitiy already have sky and acces to more channels for what in books is slightly cheaper but i keep virign for broadband and vod however with cost cutting i might need to ditch them but renttions told me i would get free upgrade to 200mb with 40mb upload lol but i knew it aint happening
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 21:18   #57
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssr View Post
Meatballs told vrtually the same story?
Well then if you must know in my other life I am actually Tom Cruise and love the way women swoon around me, now that is a lie just to get you to read this the same as the clowns in Retentions have lied to you in order to get your signature on the dotted line.

I rather doubt that 3 million Superhubs are going to suddenly appear overnight just to prove your fantasy is correct.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 21:31   #58
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

It is funny how the CEOs office allegedly talks bs and now retentions allegedly are as well. Nobody tell the trust apart from 1st line support

I have to admit though, I do agree with Peter on this one. It is one of those common sense things and I said tis before xmas when the speed upgrades were first mentioned. VM have always insisted the shub be an engineer install and there is no way they are going to be able to get hold of enough hubs and have the time to go round to every single customers house (forgetting the logistics of arranging it and making sure people and in when you want them to be) and keep to their rollout timetable.

If they tried rushing 3 million shubs out I can guarantee half of them would go back faulty and that wouldn't make for a very good PR stunt.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 21:36   #59
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
VM have always insisted the shub be an engineer install.
No they haven't. 30Mbit for the most part has always been available as self install, as has 10Mbit since it was supplied with the SuperHub

What Virgin have insisted on is engineer installs to make sure the network to your property is ok for the faster speeds

However as part of this speed uplift program there is a significant amount of proactive network work to allow upgrades to the higher tiers without an engineer required
Old 03-03-2012, 21:45   #60
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

From what ben has been saying I can guess my config is like this.

after speed doubling 10meg users will goto 20mbit if they got a docsis1 modem or to 30mbit if they have docsis3. I believe I am now on that new 30mbit config which still has the upload associated with the 20mbit account.

yes or no?

if no why not just say the clear state of play so there is no confusion as what I am observing is staff telling people they wrong but not saying anything else.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote