Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 14:12   #46
LaineY
Inactive

Services: <V+ - XLTV - XLTelco - 20MB>
LaineY is a jewel in the roughLaineY is a jewel in the roughLaineY is a jewel in the roughLaineY is a jewel in the roughLaineY is a jewel in the rough
Re: Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

Sorry to hear about your news guys. All the best from the guys up north (Scotland)
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2011, 14:28   #47
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
On Albert Dock, im devastated to hear of its closure but slightly heartened that the company is committed to keeping faults in the UK with the expansion of the Swansea site. Great bunch of guys based in Wales and I'm sure the new centre will be very successful but in the meantime my heart goes out to anyone affected by this news. I think this has been on the cards for some time, i went through the same pain in Scotland but was lucky enough to stay with the business and I hope that any affected in AD have the same opportunity.

Unlikely that many if any will move or be relocated in another centre and the are two important elements that are only based at the Albert Dock and to lose those people will not be a good thing for the company but it is their decision.
Old 06-10-2011, 16:08   #48
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Unlikely that many if any will move or be relocated in another centre and the are two important elements that are only based at the Albert Dock and to lose those people will not be a good thing for the company but it is their decision.
I take it your not going to go for any of the mobile jobs ?

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 06-10-2011, 16:10   #49
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I take it your not going to go for any of the mobile jobs ?
What mobile jobs?
Old 06-10-2011, 16:15   #50
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
What mobile jobs?
There is supposed to be some at wythenshaw ?

PM sent

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 06-10-2011, 19:24   #51
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What mobile jobs?
These ones
Old 16-11-2011, 19:06   #52
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I have just noticed this news report

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-15756444

Quote:
MPs are urging Virgin Media to rethink plans to close its office in Liverpool's Albert Dock, leading to the loss of more than 400 jobs
Old 24-11-2011, 17:49   #53
Peter_
Permanently Banned

A little something from the CWU for you all to watch http://www.youtube.com/user/CWUTV#p/u/0/rHDh59dD218
Old 24-11-2011, 18:12   #54
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
A little something from the CWU for you all to watch http://www.youtube.com/user/CWUTV#p/u/0/rHDh59dD218
I hope that the YouTube vid garners lots of support. Petition signed and linked to my Facebook.
Old 24-11-2011, 19:09   #55
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

That's crap .. Sorry
Old 24-11-2011, 19:41   #56
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

A great vidthat would be funny if it weren't Oh so true.

Duly signed via the Google link.
Old 24-11-2011, 21:54   #57
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
That's crap .. Sorry
So are the excuses given to us, I prefer honesty rather than lies.
Old 25-11-2011, 06:40   #58
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
So are the excuses given to us, I prefer honesty rather than lies.
I mean it's not funny, you know I support you.
Old 25-11-2011, 06:54   #59
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
I mean it's not funny, you know I support you.
I know that just using your post as a sounding board to emphasise my point.

I would prefer the truth from the company rather than them trying to pull the wool over our eyes but I know that will never happen as big business never work in that way, subterfuge is the tool of choice when going down the redundancy road.
Old 25-11-2011, 08:56   #60
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

I am sorry sorry to here about any job loss in the UK . A backward step I feel in losing UK jobs to the far east. Are there any petitions out there ? or is it a done deal .
As with all big business its mushroom management.
Closed Thread