Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wrong number displayed on called mobile

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Free Calls in your free call package... hmm?

Old 07-05-2010, 22:05   #1
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Free Calls in your free call package... hmm?

Received an email from Virgin Media entitled "Thank you" with a picture of a Virgin Media badged envelope saying "Click here to open", linking to http://newsletter.virginmedia.com/re?l=9xcjcbI2ruov2sI4

The resulting flash animation played back and revealed the following message

freecalls.jpg

which I found very confusing "From now on you'll get free calls as part of the free calls in your home phone call plan"

First of all I thought "Well... duh?" I had to click on the link at the bottom which linked to http://www.virginmediapeople.com/freecalls/ which reveals that the animation should have said something along the lines of "Free calls to Virgin Mobile phone numbers" - They seem to have forgotten to put it in!

More proof reading required I think!
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2010, 22:54   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Free Calls in your free call package... hmm?

doh lol
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:50   #3
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

yeah i got one of those too, doesn't seem to be a very good offer to me as the virgin network in my area is rubbish and nobody i know has got one ??
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:56   #4
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Even funnier for me, I'm on the 4p plan so I don't have any free calls in the first place. Why send me the e-mail, 'Thank You' for nothing VM.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 21:21   #5
greyfox1974
Inactive

greyfox1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
yeah i got one of those too, doesn't seem to be a very good offer to me as the virgin network in my area is rubbish and nobody i know has got one ??

And the best thing of all is no 1 in my family as a virgin mobile cos of the crap network here they are all on o2 n vodafone and i dont think it's free cos am still payin over the odd's for the unlimited call plan that £7.95 n bt is £4.95 or so lol so i think we are payin like almost £3 for it lol
greyfox1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 22:20   #6
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
Even funnier for me, I'm on the 4p plan so I don't have any free calls in the first place. Why send me the e-mail, 'Thank You' for nothing VM.
Yes you do, between midnight on friday and midnight Sunday (the weekend)

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyfox1974 View Post
And the best thing of all is no 1 in my family as a virgin mobile cos of the crap network here they are all on o2 n vodafone and i dont think it's free cos am still payin over the odd's for the unlimited call plan that £7.95 n bt is £4.95 or so lol so i think we are payin like almost £3 for it lol
T-Mobile are the ones responsible for the network and by the way, as T-Mobile 3G is merging its 3G network with 3, they will remain the largest 3G network by Autumn 2010 reaching 98% of the UK population. Virgin Mobile also uses this same network coverage so its all good news.

But when it comes to 2G, the T-Mobile and Orange merger may not go ahead as planned well not for a long time,so you won't see any improvement there.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

Quote:
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 23:52   #7
greyfox1974
Inactive

i dont have any 3g coverage here nexts to me

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

and the 2g coverage is up n down
Old 09-05-2010, 00:10   #8
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
i dont have any 3g coverage here nexts to me

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

and the 2g coverage is up n down
Where abouts are you?

I know from Birmingham to the south including Kent,Sussex,Essex,Hertfordshire,Bedfordshire,Bucki nghamshire,Berkshire,Hampshire,Gloucestershire,Nor folk,Suffolk,Greater London and Middlesex,Surrey have been upgraded (T-Mobile and 3 3G networks merged) in those areas.

From what i've seen, I've noticed a big improvement on my 3 mobile.

By September the rest of the country would have been done.

Now the T-Mobile and Orange merger may well be held back because of the T-Mobile and 3 sharing deal, its causes a big competition issue and 3,BT,O2 and Vodafone are complaining about it,

If the Orange and T-Mobile businesses merge successfully, they will merge there 2G infrastructure and possibly with co-operation from Hutchison 3G merge the 3/T-Mobile 3G infrastructure to offer 99% 3G and 2G coverage for T-Mobile,Virgin,3 and Orange customers.

But I doubt any of this will happen now.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:28   #9
greyfox1974
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
Where abouts are you?

I know from Birmingham to the south including Kent,Sussex,Essex,Hertfordshire,Bedfordshire,Bucki nghamshire,Berkshire,Hampshire,Gloucestershire,Nor folk,Suffolk,Greater London and Middlesex,Surrey have been upgraded (T-Mobile and 3 3G networks merged) in those areas.

From what i've seen, I've noticed a big improvement on my 3 mobile.

By September the rest of the country would have been done.

Now the T-Mobile and Orange merger may well be held back because of the T-Mobile and 3 sharing deal, its causes a big competition issue and 3,BT,O2 and Vodafone are complaining about it,

If the Orange and T-Mobile businesses merge successfully, they will merge there 2G infrastructure and possibly with co-operation from Hutchison 3G merge the 3/T-Mobile 3G infrastructure to offer 99% 3G and 2G coverage for T-Mobile,Virgin,3 and Orange customers.

But I doubt any of this will happen now.

i am in the glasgow area i used that checker thing on here n it says no coverage lol on 3g but very good coverages on 2g but i been lost the coverages on me 2g coverages n as to sit nexts to a window lol
Old 13-05-2010, 21:57   #10
HD462
Inactive

Services: Digital Cable TV V+ Freeview Virgin Phone 10Mb Broadband Home WiFi Network Virgin Mobile BB
HD462 will become famous soon enoughHD462 will become famous soon enoughHD462 will become famous soon enough

I got this Thank You message too. It'd be handy for us, as we're on talk unlimited, and also both have virgin mobiles. The thing is, we've had calls to mobiles and premium rate numbers blocked for a number of years after my son ran a bill up phoning mobiles.

I've tried ringing my virgin mobile from the landline and it's blocking it. Does anyone know if it's possible to allow calls to virgin mobiles, but still keep the blocking to other networks and premium rate numbers, so we can take advantage of this offer.

I don't really want to take the call blocking off all mobile networks.

Thanks.
HD462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 22:28   #11
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD462 View Post
I got this Thank You message too. It'd be handy for us, as we're on talk unlimited, and also both have virgin mobiles. The thing is, we've had calls to mobiles and premium rate numbers blocked for a number of years after my son ran a bill up phoning mobiles.

I've tried ringing my virgin mobile from the landline and it's blocking it. Does anyone know if it's possible to allow calls to virgin mobiles, but still keep the blocking to other networks and premium rate numbers, so we can take advantage of this offer.

I don't really want to take the call blocking off all mobile networks.

Thanks.
Cant you just tell your son not to call pemium numbers?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote