Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Box isn't turning on

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Digital TV Services Discussion

Help needed - Losing sky+ signal.

Old 25-06-2009, 22:34   #1
Oxford 1965
Inactive

Oxford 1965 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help needed - Losing sky+ signal.

We have had sky for five years at our current address with no problems.
We went away over may half term, returned home and found the picture pixelating, freezing or saying no signal is being received. My in-laws said it was down to the trees, blocking part of the signal. Sky came highered the dish on the pole, but with no real benefit.

We left it for a couple of weeks as it seemed to be alright again, only for it recently to go wrong again. This seems to be happening regardless of the weather conditions. We have two boxes in the house.

Sky are coming back on Monday to try to relocate the dish again.

PLEASE, is there anything that could be causing this, I can ask them to check, such as a problems with the LNB, waterlogged wiring....

They seem pretty useless really, the first guy came out shrugged his shoulders and said there was nothing that could be done.
Oxford 1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-06-2009, 22:56   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Help needed - Losing sky+ signal.

In System Settings what are the signal levels like to each tuner, is it happening on both boxes?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 23:01   #3
Oxford 1965
Inactive

Oxford 1965 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep on both boxes.
Oxford 1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 23:03   #4
matt-h
Inactive

Services: SkyHD , VM BB 60Mb
matt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant future

Could be the LNB ....especially as its affecting both boxes at the same time....

Would have thought tech support may have got you to try to reset it ( turn it off and then on again ) in the box settings..
matt-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 23:50   #5
workshoppete
Inactive

Services: motorized satellite dish (1mtre), - internet, thats all really :(
workshoppete is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Help needed - Losing sky+ signal.

Well firstly ...did any of them measure the signal levels for strength and Quality ?? , ....that might give them a clue as to where the fault lies. If it's intermittant there best shot might have been to change the LNB...at least that way it would be eliminated from the the suspects if the fault recurred.

The best way to prove exactly what is the cause of the problem may be to try the digibox on another known good working dish, perhaps a neighbour's.,......... that way if it still goes wrong then it's the digibox thats faulty. If it behaves itself its a problem with the wiring/dish/lnb or it's alignment.

My gut feeling is that it's the digibox at fault.

All the best

Pete
workshoppete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 04:24   #6
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

I had intermittant "picture pixelating, freezing or saying no signal is being received." It turned out to be birds perching on the LNB. Pigeon proofing the house has pretty much eliminated the problem.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 20:38   #7
paul greene
Inactive

paul greene is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know how to get the sky movies and sky sports back i have super box usb and i had everything until monday night i have all channels except sky sports and sky movies and bbc3 and 4 can i do anything to get them back please help if you can
paul greene is offline   Reply With Quote