Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 150 & 151

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

150 & 151

Old 11-12-2010, 11:51   #1
Jennyc
Inactive

Jennyc is on a distinguished roadJennyc is on a distinguished road
150 & 151

I'm having problems with 150/151. When I dial the number all I get is "Hello and welcome to Virgin media" and nothing else!!

I'm trying to cancel an engineers visit. Yesterday we had a power cut in my area, when it came back on the TV and Internet were down. I phoned last night to tell them, to be told an engineer would come out today between 12-4. The I found out my neighbour was having the same problem as me, but h'ed got an engineer coming out at 7pm last night. So again phoned Virgin to ask if the engineer could also call to my house last night. I was told this wasn't possible (don't ask me why, but this is Virgin we're talking about!) However the guy I was talking to was really good and told me there would be no need for an engineer to call as there was a fault in my area and the engineers were working on it. Fault was rectified around 9pm. He also said someone would call me last night to tell me the engineer wouldn't need to call. I've heard nothing from them and now I'm concerned they're going to try and charge me for the call out.
Jennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2010, 12:27   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: 150 & 151

If the is an area issue then your engineer should be cancelled automatically.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:33   #3
Jennyc
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
If the is an area issue then your engineer should be cancelled automatically.
Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm hoping, it's just that the guy I was speaking to last night said I would get a call informing me that it was cancelled. Thanks again though
Old 11-12-2010, 15:52   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyc View Post
Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm hoping, it's just that the guy I was speaking to last night said I would get a call informing me that it was cancelled. Thanks again though
It depends how many people are affected as not everyone gets a callback.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 13:35   #5
VMboy
Inactive

VMboy is infamous around these partsVMboy is infamous around these parts

I am experiencing the same issue with 150 and 151
VMboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 13:43   #6
Jennyc
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMboy View Post
I am experiencing the same issue with 150 and 151

Just keep hanging on, don't put the phone and it eventually kicks in. Might take a couple of minutes though.