Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Cyclist convicted of "wanton and furious driving"

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

[Update] Cyclist convicted of "wanton and furious driving"

Old 02-11-2017, 16:37   #211
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: [Update] Cyclist convicted of "wanton and furious driving"

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
upsetting scenes indeed i hope the car wasn't damaged
The car can be repaired poor thing. There is an estate in Warrington called Chapleford which is plagued by this every day.

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/...in_Chapelford/

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/...police_arrive/

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/

Last edited by Sirius; 02-11-2017 at 16:41.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2017, 18:47   #212
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Another load of two wheeled idiots.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...ilm-as-warning

Sadly this young lad and his family paid a price for his stupidity but there are plenty more like him and well intentioned though it is I doubt it'll be taken much notice of by the gang he was part of let alone anyone else. Our high street is plagued by idiots like this riding (often on one wheel) in and out of traffic, on the pavements, hanging onto buses etc. The police do nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
upsetting scenes indeed i hope the car wasn't damaged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
The car can be repaired poor thing. There is an estate in Warrington called Chapleford which is plagued by this every day.

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/...in_Chapelford/

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/...police_arrive/
Such adolescent naughtiness.

Oh, and the same applies to those thugs on bikes .
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 21:02   #213
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

4 year old mowed down by cyclist in pedestrian area.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...own-by-cyclist
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 21:07   #214
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post

Could easily have been far worse for the little lad. It's great that the police there are taking it more seriously and the idiot on wheels deserved what he got. It'll take time but slowly and surely those who choose to behave like morons on 2 wheels are going to face justice, that's if they don't kill themselves first.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:28   #215
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Could easily have been far worse for the little lad. It's great that the police there are taking it more seriously and the idiot on wheels deserved what he got. It'll take time but slowly and surely those who choose to behave like morons on 2 wheels are going to face justice, that's if they don't kill themselves first.
The outdoors is only safe for people like Bear Grylls. You two are right to stay at home and watch it pass by on the telly and internet.
Old 29-08-2018, 11:03   #216
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from The Sun:

A woman is fighting for life after a cyclist ploughed into her in a hit-and-run horror smash in London.

The pedestrian, aged in her 50s, was crossing the road in Dalston, East London, during rush hour when the male cyclist struck her.

She was rushed to hospital in a life-threatening condition following the crash at around 5pm yesterday.

The cyclist initially stopped after being launched from his bike but fled moments later.

His bike was later found abandoned around a mile away with cops launching an investigation.
From the picture of the incident scene it looks like she was on a pedestrian crossing though there's no information as to the state of the lights at the time.

Let's hope she recovers.
Old 29-08-2018, 11:09   #217
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Well it's not the ones on the roads that frighten me. It's the twonks who ride along the designated pedestrian pavements and beach promenades that I want dealt with. They won't keep to the designated cycling routes and pavements assigned to them by the local council at my expense as a local taxpayer. One of these days they will injure and possibly kill someone because the local council don't apparently have anyone policing these routes.
Old 04-09-2018, 13:22   #218
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Cyclists are the scourge of the road - if not all then certainly the Lycra brigade. They go fast when you need them to go slow; they go slow when you need them to go fast; they ride two or three abreast (sometimes) just to make a point. Ugh.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 13:45   #219
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It was 4 years ago today i was crossing at a green man at George Square in glasgow whwn a daftie on a bike went tgrough the red light and nearly ràn me over. I proceeded to advise the twonk on the rules of the road and he just carried on and then got off his bike and ran after me. He swung at me and thankfully missed. I tried to chase him but he luckily got back on his bike and rode off

Cyclists are total idiots. I think the worst offenders now are the Uber eats people. They do not care about anything or anyone, not even their own safety.
Old 04-09-2018, 22:48   #220
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Well it's not the ones on the roads that frighten me. It's the twonks who ride along the designated pedestrian pavements and beach promenades that I want dealt with. They won't keep to the designated cycling routes and pavements assigned to them by the local council at my expense as a local taxpayer. One of these days they will injure and possibly kill someone because the local council don't apparently have anyone policing these routes.
In my experience, the designated cycling routes are congested with pedestrians (and/or cars). And cyclists pay tax too you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Cyclists are the scourge of the road - if not all then certainly the Lycra brigade. They go fast when you need them to go slow; they go slow when you need them to go fast; they ride two or three abreast (sometimes) just to make a point. Ugh.
You regard cyclists as a scourge for not complying with your rules? Bit selfish of you. Also 2/3 abreast - that'll be about the width of the car you're traveling in, going too fast and polluting as you go. You are a scourge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Cyclists are total idiots.
You had a little spat with a nutter who had a bike 4 years ago.....good grief man, let it go.
Old 04-09-2018, 23:21   #221
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

That incident happened 4 years ago but it still happens at least once a week with cyclists going through red lights while I am crossing or delivery bikes behaving like they are on a downhill mountain bike run.
Old 04-09-2018, 23:36   #222
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That incident happened 4 years ago but it still happens at least once a week with cyclists going through red lights while I am crossing or delivery bikes behaving like they are on a downhill mountain bike run.
Really? Every week? You're clearly an observant chap. How many times a week do you observe motorists breaking the law? I know it's OT but you like a good ol' moan eh?
Old 05-09-2018, 00:09   #223
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Yes every week. Glasgow is a busy place.

Also I of course observe drivers too, again many running Amber lights or red lights. I am a pedestrian and walk a lot, there for I am always watching and awareofmy surroundings. Perhaps it's my OCD or partly as I got knocked down by a careless speeding driver when I was 13.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:18   #224
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Well, all road users seem unhappy with their lot. (Some) motorists consider cyclists to be vermin; (most) cyclists ride defensively to survive and (the majority of) pedestrians don't like sharing space. It's all a bit tense out there. Radical change is needed; simply waiting for gridlock is a cop out.

I would have thought that Glasgow has dangers other than bikes running traffic lights .
Old 05-09-2018, 06:02   #225
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

One might infer that Kursk is a cyclist to some degree of devotion. The lycra brigade to which I am referring will hold up a stream of traffic on a two way (one lane) carriage way for miles out of sheer bloody mindedness. It is no wonder that some motorists might consider such cyclists to be "vermin.

One of Boris' follies was the East-West Cycle Way Route along the Thames embankment. A huge chunk of road was commandeered for cyclists so that for two hours at the start of the working day and two hours at the end, they can ride in safety whilst ignoring traffic lights particularly at pedestrian crossings. During the rest of the day, the cycle-way is empty but displaced traffic (now one lane) crawls all the way from Westminster Bridge to Tower Hill - no reversion to motor use during the off-peak.

At Tower Hill itself, there are three or four sets of pedestrian crossing lights. Of course, many/most cyclists stop at a red light; but the ones that don't, a noticeable percentage, are a danger to pedestrians and I've seen some incidents arising out of that - and well deserved too.

On country roads, where the lycra brigade like to assert their power to thwart motorists, they are indeed a scourge and even justify the vermin handle.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote