Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 21:09   #1006
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I have to keep an eye on you Bilderbergers I can't have you lulling us into a false sense of security, and then end up, down the line, believing that black is really white, now can I?
Ha ha. I need to post more anti-Brexit comments before I'm allowed to attend the next meeting! And paying VM to keep Fox News off their platform is costing me the earth!
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2017, 21:30   #1007
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Too exciting for them. The Telegraph loved it especially with the comparison to the Falklands.
So we have the media trying to turn the comments of a political has been into a diplomatic incident they can then spend even more time reporting. Self serving or what?
Old 03-04-2017, 21:32   #1008
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
So we have the media trying to turn the comments of a political has been into a diplomatic incident they can then spend even more time reporting. Self serving or what?
Well yeah, they've been doing that for as long as I've know about the media.

Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY
Old 03-04-2017, 21:42   #1009
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Until such time as newspapers don't need buyers or advertising this will continue to happen.
Old 03-04-2017, 21:45   #1010
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I have to keep an eye on you Bilderbergers I can't have you lulling us into a false sense of security, and then end up, down the line, believing that black is really white, now can I?
The elite are right now living the high life, their worries are longer term and just like their investments, their plans and allegiances are focused on the future when things are likely to get much harder as their obscene wealth comes under increasing scrutiny as Sir Philip Green will testify. Lehman Bros. was sacrificed but Goldman Sachs has a very big fat finger in every pie at the highest level - whose interests do they serve? You and me?

Can you imagine a scenario in which the super rich and powerful wouldn't do their utmost to try to exert undue influence political leaders and government policy to suit themselves? I can't. It wasn't that long ago that cash for questions was in the news and we know full well what sort of company our glorious leaders all too often like to keep - free holidays on billionaire's yachts, private islands etc. etc. Just because a few of them get caught out and are made to suffer doesn't mean that corruption isn't a serious problem with a common theme. The rich and the powerful will stick together because of their common interests and do whatever they can to secure their long term wellbeing. They're already doing it all over the place by funding one party or another according to what suits them NOT for the common good.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Quote:
Well yeah, they've been doing that for as long as I've know about the media.

Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY
So what we really need to do is not perpetuate their nonsense but make it plain that govt. policy isn't and almost certainly never will be to go to war with Spain. End of story, end of ridiculous media speculation and pot stirring.

Last edited by Osem; 03-04-2017 at 22:06.
Old 03-04-2017, 21:50   #1011
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
The rich and the powerful will stick together because of their common interests and do whatever they can to secure their long term wellbeing. They're already doing it all over the place by funding one party or another according to what suits them NOT for the common good.
People with a lot of money will always be able to exert control to an extent. I think it's important to separate that behaviour from a conspiracy of world control as if this is organised and planned rather than people reacting to events, often with the short-term in mind.

Also these people also oppose each other. They bankroll opposition parties. Trump and Brexit had elites behind them, as did Clinton and Remain. The interests of Bill Gates and Elon Musk do not gel with the interests of The Koch Brothers or Murdoch.

I would support the public financing of elections to be honest. That would help remove some power from the richest, maybe, or we could support candidates that don't raise much corporate money such as Sanders in the States. Your signature though slams Corbyn as part of this elite, I don't like him and think he is destroying the role of the opposition, but the Tories are far more in tune with those elites you talk of than Corbyn.
Old 03-04-2017, 22:01   #1012
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
People with a lot of money will always be able to exert control to an extent. I think it's important to separate that behaviour from a conspiracy of world control as if this is organised and planned rather than people reacting to events, often with the short-term in mind.

Also these people also oppose each other. They bankroll opposition parties. Trump and Brexit had elites behind them, as did Clinton and Remain. The interests of Bill Gates and Elon Musk do not gel with the interests of The Koch Brothers or Murdoch.

I would support the public financing of elections to be honest. That would help remove some power from the richest, maybe, or we could support candidates that don't raise much corporate money such as Sanders in the States. Your signature though slams Corbyn as part of this elite, I don't like him and think he is destroying the role of the opposition, but the Tories are far more in tune with those elites you talk of than Corbyn.
Spot on.
Old 03-04-2017, 23:09   #1013
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Why would this benefit multinational companies? They benefit by playing states off one another for tax deals, lighter regulations and government grants. A global government would end this.
Or impose a totalitarian rule on us which is exploited by (previously multinational) companies.

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Quote:
People with a lot of money will always be able to exert control to an extent. I think it's important to separate that behaviour from a conspiracy of world control
There is a conspiracy (call it a long term ideal, a vision of the future, if it makes you feel better) to create a bloc of american countries (north and south), another of asian countries and yet another of european countries (the EU). Then 'they' will combine them together into a one world government.
This is a good idea. It's logical and I am all for it as long as it's done with our consent and not in a cackhanded way like the EU is being attempted.
If it's done against the will of the peoples of the planet then we should fight it as much as we can.

Last edited by Ramrod; 03-04-2017 at 23:13.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:08   #1014
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

'You're listening now, aren't you?' Hilary Benn on Brexiteers' referendum wake-up call

Mr Benn said: “The reason why 52 per cent of the population voted to leave was, for me, about a whole host of things. Yes, migration and immigration and change and jobs and stagnant wages and austerity and sovereignty and a desire not to be told what to do any more by others.
“But I would sum it up as a feeling of ‘we don’t think that you are listening to us’ and if someone was standing on this stage today representing the 52 per cent, they would look everyone in the audience who voted Remain and say ‘you’re listening now, aren’t you?’

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/787...m-wake-up-call
Old 04-04-2017, 11:56   #1015
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:

One recent example of such a person is Arron Banks ..
Old 04-04-2017, 14:16   #1016
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
'You're listening now, aren't you?' Hilary Benn on Brexiteers' referendum wake-up call

Mr Benn said: “The reason why 52 per cent of the population voted to leave was, for me, about a whole host of things. Yes, migration and immigration and change and jobs and stagnant wages and austerity and sovereignty and a desire not to be told what to do any more by others.
“But I would sum it up as a feeling of ‘we don’t think that you are listening to us’ and if someone was standing on this stage today representing the 52 per cent, they would look everyone in the audience who voted Remain and say ‘you’re listening now, aren’t you?’

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/787...m-wake-up-call
Hilary Benn has also sensibly been pushing the Government about the costs of no deal.
Quote:
Labour MP Hilary Benn, who chairs the committee, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "If the government is going to make this assertion that no deal would be better than a bad deal, I think everyone would expect the government to have done some assessment."
He pointed out that farming tariffs, financial services and emergency health care in Europe were all issues that would all "fall by the wayside" with no deal.
"They should make an assessment. Because in the absence of the government explaining what mitigating measures it would take to deal with that outcome, to say that no deal is better than a bad deal is unsubstantiated," said Mr Benn.
He added there is a "balance to be struck" and "a difference between doing the work behind the scenes and making it public".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39482530
Old 04-04-2017, 14:37   #1017
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Oh yes. A task force should be despatched to Ibiza immediately. If they want Gib, we're having their beetches on account that we've paid for them several times over.
Old 04-04-2017, 15:34   #1018
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Oh yes. A task force should be despatched to Ibiza immediately. If they want Gib, we're having their beetches on account that we've paid for them several times over.
Maybe we should support Morocco to claim back the Spanish enclaves there. Sauce for the goose etc.

Quote:
The government of Morocco has requested from Spain the sovereignty of Ceuta and Melilla, of Perejil Island, and of some other small territories.
Wiki
Old 04-04-2017, 15:40   #1019
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Come on Team GB negotiators, let's keep these jobs in the UK!
Quote:
Up to 100,000 UK jobs at risk as Merkel and Juncker ally warns on euro clearing
The future of an estimated 100,000 jobs has been plunged into doubt after a close political ally of the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, and president of the European commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, warned that a prized sector in the City of London must relocate to EU soil after Brexit.
Manfred Weber, the leader of the largest political group in the European parliament, to which both the German chancellor and the commission president belong, told reporters that euro-denominated clearing could no longer be undertaken in the City when the UK leaves the EU.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...d-weber-brexit
Old 04-04-2017, 15:48   #1020
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Come on Team GB negotiators, let's keep these jobs in the UK!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...d-weber-brexit
i'm starting to favor nuclear brexit as opposed to hard .