Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Old 23-08-2013, 17:41   #61
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Seems its pretty good on the different US and the new IP...

Now just need them to get this 120mbit upgrade finished!
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-08-2013, 20:32   #62
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Hope it soon

Old 23-08-2013, 20:44   #63
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

At least you already have 10mbit upload, thats what im mostly wanting the extra 20mbit down doesn't really matter to me.
Old 25-08-2013, 16:37   #64
Jumping
Inactive

Hmm that Tenda N-60 wasn't behaving only got 20mbit wired speed so its gone back in the box, have ordered an Asus rt-n56u hopefully I can get my money back for the Tenda.

This is the graph with the old router back on the old 80.x.x.x IP

Very smooth looking grap the spikes from yesterday was when I was using the line.
Old 28-08-2013, 18:37   #65
Jumping
Inactive

My new Asus RT-N56U just arrived got it configured and its speedy all the time both wireless and wired! Happy days, quite funny I get more speed wireless as Dell only put a 100mbit nic in.

Got a different IP again with the new router

Still seems the SHUB is stuck on using channel 4 & 5 on US instead of the 1 & 2 I got moved on to previously.

Happy with this router and for me didn't need to get the n66 as don't have the need for it and next upgrade will be to 802.11ac.

Forgot just need the 120mbit to be rolled out now hopefully the September date is true unfortunately it will probably be neared the end than the start of the month.
Old 28-08-2013, 19:25   #66
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Glad it's working out for you, it's an awesome router! You can probably get your old IP back by changing the MAC address to match the old one but if you're happy enough then don't bother.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 19:34   #67
Gstevie
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media: TV-XL, 100Mb (Superhub 2), TiVo
Gstevie is on a distinguished roadGstevie is on a distinguished road

Glad you have it up and running with good results. Iv been on UP channels 2 & 3 for a while now and have had good results. Can't say Iv ever been on channels 4 or 5 that I ever noticed.

Thats also a very sleek bit of kit you bought.

Same for myself, the next upgrade will be to .ac but I cannot see that for a while yet, like you say we will be held to the 30th Sep before the uplift here - most likely, and if the rumoured 200Mb/s is next current hardware will be more than sufficient can't personally see VM going near the 1 Gigabit mark for a good while yet! :-p
Gstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 20:02   #68
Martin_D
cf.geek

Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

FTTC Is Now available in my area yay

Attachment 24872

So do i stay or go ??
Old 28-08-2013, 20:33   #69
Jumping
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
FTTC Is Now available in my area yay

Attachment 24872

So do i stay or go ??

I thought Hamilton had the FTTC rollout completed ages ago.
Old 28-08-2013, 20:42   #70
Martin_D
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
I thought Hamilton had the FTTC rollout completed ages ago.
Yes the Hamilton Exchange was completed ages ago. but am on the Blantyre Exchange.
Old 28-08-2013, 21:14   #71
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

What site are you using for that?
Old 28-08-2013, 21:19   #72
Martin_D
cf.geek

I get all my info on 3 sites :

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/AD....AddressOutput

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WSBLA
Old 28-08-2013, 21:26   #73
Jumping
Inactive

Well the BT checker has March 2014 for FTTC and these stats

Code:
Availability Date

Featured Products
WBC FTTC 	Up to 80 	Up to 20 	-- 	31-Mar-14
WBC ADSL 2+ 	Up to 17 	-- 	10 to 19.5 	Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M 	Up to 17 	Up to 1.5 	10 to 19.5 	Available
ADSL Max 	Up to 7.5 	-- 	6.5 to 8 	Available
WBC Fixed Rate 	2 	-- 	-- 	Available
Fixed Rate 	2 	-- 	-- 	Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast 	-- 	-- 	-- 	31-Mar-14
The fttc checker says September coming soon to be honest its moved forward so the BT one prolly just never been updated. So have September for 120mbit from Virgin and FTTC...coincidence? Don't think so :P
Old 28-08-2013, 22:09   #74
Kushan

Thanks! that's exactly what I needed!
Old 29-08-2013, 00:27   #75
Gstevie
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media: TV-XL, 100Mb (Superhub 2), TiVo
Gstevie is on a distinguished roadGstevie is on a distinguished road

There has defo been a shake up with the schedule there. I checked those sites not 2 months ago and they all had Coatbridge down for 2015 at one point with some 2014 reports. Now they are saying end of 2013, that's some coincidence.

I can't say I'm really of the mind to switch from VM because my connection (touch wood) has been solid and I can't really say iv been let down by it apart from STM. I get a really good deal with VM just now and to sacrifice that for a reduction in speed just to bypass STM would be a waste of money in the long run when u really look Into it I think. What I am hoping is that this is the wake up call VM has been needing and if they see this competition building more and more we might just see some better treatment this side of the grass.
Gstevie is offline   Reply With Quote