Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Any Kelly Communications Openreach Contractors Here? Opinions Welcome

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

Any Kelly Communications Openreach Contractors Here? Opinions Welcome

Old 19-02-2015, 20:35   #16
macs0309
Inactive

macs0309 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Any Kelly Communications Openreach Contractors Here? Opinions Welcome

My honest advice would be to avoid this company at all costs!
Many people will just ignore the posts thinking its just ex employees who are trying to get back at the company but believe me ive never seen such a shower of sh*t in my life.
I served 12 years in the army and decided to go for a job advertised as a fibre splicer as thats where my expertise lied. The first i knew was a phonecall from a recruitment agency after seeing my CV, they asked me a few questions about my experience and then told me i would be attending PQMS for an assessment week. Digs would be paid for from monday through to the saturday and i would have to get there through other means as i would be driving a van home. Anyway the place is dirty and run down and i was out of place when i turned up for the first day of the so called assessment week in a shirt and trousers. I wouldnt have stood out if i wore a tracksuit. The week consisted of classroom based powerpoint displays mostly covering driving and customer premesis. There was half a day spent on trade and then the final saturday was NRSWA before heading home in my new van (WWhich was missing lots of essential kit).
The job itself is not bad however the hours can be shocking. You will get allocated jobs up to 3 hours from your home and will be expected to be onsite by 8am with no excuses and not leave until 5pm, and the managers do love their trackers. The work is broken down into work allocated hours WAU's and these must be achieved or your pay suffers. You will have to be constantly on your phone downloading emails and job packs which are mostly incorrectso be prepared to double your bandwidth fees when your bill comes in.
The part of the job which puts you on the breaking point is the management. An average day consists of texting in before 07:30 to sah your in before being hastled constantly until you have a job allocated to your crew. You then carry out the work to the hours if possible with false promises about getting the kit you need as well as filling out a plethora of paperwork and sending pictures in. Then comes the fun bit, filling out the daily update sheet. This sheet must be in prior to 6pm regardless of your signal or if your driving or you dont get paid for that day. This is also where the interogation and the evening sh*t starts. Instead of spending the evening with your family, expect constant emails hastling you about all the details of the update and questions about anything and everything. This goes on until 8pm most nights and takes over your evening. They also stand you down whenever they feel like it.
To summarise the company is an unorganised shower of sh*t with bullying managers who will constantly harrass you and threaten your pay and job at any opportunity. If your looking for professionalism, respect, a work life balance, a job where you feel valued or a good company then stay well away!
macs0309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2015, 20:40   #17
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info.

I just wonder what happen to all the guys that were posting onhere, who were starting.
since they started there has been no posting, maybe its in the rules there not alllowed to :P
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 17:24   #18
scott buckley 28
Inactive

scott buckley 28 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone i have assesment day in st helens for kelly group for a trainee residential telecoms engineer. dose anyone know what this involves and is it hard?
scott buckley 28 is offline   Reply With Quote