Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 23-02-2012, 22:36   #61
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
How do you do wish lists? What are they?
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-02-2012, 00:11   #62
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
How do you do wish lists? What are they?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnpQZZeABy8
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 11:13   #63
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Cartoon Network App now on TiVo.

One to keep the kiddies happy.
Old 24-02-2012, 20:30   #64
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Cartoon Network App now on TiVo.

One to keep the kiddies happy.
Especially my little lad!
Old 26-02-2012, 15:26   #65
MarkD
Inactive

MarkD is on a distinguished roadMarkD is on a distinguished road

Mostly I have been really happy with my Tivo but recently it got me annoyed.

I have a wish list setup to record CSI this picks up original version, miami, New York and some wildlife programme called Predator CSI. It would be nice if I could put in a exclusion for predator so that the wish list did not record that. A second minor point is that because this records so many shows on so many different channels it would be really good if you could sort by series and episode number rather than date.

However my big problem is that a whole lot of recordings that I was plodding through are no longer available as Sky dropped Living Loves. The recording is there but because the channel no longer exists the Tivo box will not let me view them. This raises a few thoughts. If you drop a subscription to a channel do you also lose access to any recordings off that channel? I have had to delete each recording individually it would be much better if the Tivo box offered me the option to delete all the programmes that I could no longer view in one go.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 15:33   #66
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
Mostly I have been really happy with my Tivo but recently it got me annoyed.

I have a wish list setup to record CSI this picks up original version, miami, New York and some wildlife programme called Predator CSI. It would be nice if I could put in a exclusion for predator so that the wish list did not record that. A second minor point is that because this records so many shows on so many different channels it would be really good if you could sort by series and episode number rather than date.

However my big problem is that a whole lot of recordings that I was plodding through are no longer available as Sky dropped Living Loves. The recording is there but because the channel no longer exists the Tivo box will not let me view them. This raises a few thoughts. If you drop a subscription to a channel do you also lose access to any recordings off that channel? I have had to delete each recording individually it would be much better if the Tivo box offered me the option to delete all the programmes that I could no longer view in one go.
Quote:
You can refine your WishList Search by selecting a search term and using either the THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN button to modify it.

Press once to exclude a term from your search (adds a minus sign). The search will ignore any results with the excluded term in the listing.
Press again to make the term optional in your search (puts it in parentheses). The search will bring back results that contain at least one of your optional terms.
Press a third time to remove the modifiers and make the term required in your search.

Sample Searches
Keyword (CHOCOLATE) * (VANILLA) * -STRAWBERRY
Category INTERESTS: COOKING
This search will find only cooking programs with chocolate and/or vanilla in the guide data, but will ignore any programs with strawberry in the listing.

Title Keyword -FRIENDS
Actor ANISTON, JENNIFER

This search will find all programs with Jennifer Aniston except for the program 'Friends'.
The other issue with Sky Living loves, is Sky's fault as they insist any channel you no longer sub to makes your recordings unavailable. this only applies to Sky channels, all other channels are not affected by this rule from Sky.
Old 26-02-2012, 18:39   #67
MarkD
Inactive

MarkD is on a distinguished roadMarkD is on a distinguished road

@Digital Fanatic

Many thanks for the info now have my CSI wish list set properly, I really should spend a bit of time going through the options and read what I can do. I am afraid I am old school and prefer proper manuals rather than on screen help and videos.

Cheers
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 19:41   #68
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Please continue discussion of TiVo here please.

Original Threads

Vol. 1: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-page-408.html
Vol. 2: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-page-460.html
i dont trust tivo one bit
Old 26-02-2012, 20:23   #69
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
i dont trust tivo one bit
Well everybody is entitled to a opinion but it seems that 273,000 customers disagree with you according to the last 3 months.

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/news.php?id=4321

TiVo and Pace have announced a global partnership .

Quote:
Pace has revealed plans to port TiVo's software to Pace set-top boxes and gateways.
"The integration of TiVo's advanced television software with Pace's service provider optimized platforms will allow our mutual partners to offer TiVo's best-in-class linear and broadband TV experience with their choice of hardware. This answers strong interest from TiVo's growing list of service providers deploying the TiVo experience to their customers." said Tom Rogers, CEO and President of TiVo.
Old 26-02-2012, 21:21   #70
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Well everybody is entitled to a opinion but it seems that 273,000 customers disagree with you according to the last 3 months.

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/news.php?id=4321

TiVo and Pace have announced a global partnership .
Um, does that mean platforms with Pace boxes will be able to put the Tivo software on them, making them, in effect, Tivo's? (Can you see where I'm going with this?)
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 21:26   #71
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Um, does that mean platforms with Pace boxes will be able to put the Tivo software on them, making them, in effect, Tivo's? (Can you see where I'm going with this?)
Yes l can see where you are going with this but in my opinion a partnership between Sky Pace boxes with TiVo software is a non starter absolute.
Old 26-02-2012, 21:34   #72
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yes l can see where you are going with this but in my opinion a partnership between Sky Pace boxes with TiVo software is a non starter absolute.
Sky don't use Pace anymore they own Amstrad so make all their own.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 23:27   #73
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Virgin Media are exclusive TiVo partners in the UK too
Old 27-02-2012, 09:56   #74
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Virgin Media are exclusive TiVo partners in the UK too
Until Sky offer more money than VM and Tivo say ok Sky, money talks
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 10:03   #75
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Until Sky offer more money than VM and Tivo say ok Sky, money talks
No because as DF says TiVo is VM exclusive partners in the UK and l do not see that situation changing.