Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 19-02-2016, 08:15   #2656
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

I reboot my TiVo at least once per month. Rarely have any issues bar the slow Netflix load up.
Old 19-02-2016, 14:35   #2657
steveh
Inactive

steveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of light

Meanwhile in America they've been campaigning to be allowed to have TiVo as a cable box: http://qz.com/619550/the-fcc-has-mov...y-cable-boxes/. Customers spend $231 on average just to rent the boxes each year.
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 20:40   #2658
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Just got a Hisense 58" 4k TV. Nice.......

Trouble is none of the Hisense TiVO remote codes seem to work. Anyone else got any hints or am I going to have to:

1-Give up
2-Slog through every code

Any hints greatly appreciated

hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 20:43   #2659
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
Just got a Hisense 58" 4k TV. Nice.......

Trouble is none of the Hisense TiVO remote codes seem to work. Anyone else got any hints or am I going to have to:

1-Give up
2-Slog through every code

Any hints greatly appreciated

Try the search method:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...MER_TYPE=Cable
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 10:07   #2660
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Thanks that's kind of what I meant with the option 2..

Not quite as painfull as entering four digit codes all the time though.

Cheers
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 12:22   #2661
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I tried to use the Netflix app for the first time recently when the one for my LG Smart TV abruptly stopped working. Painful.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 09:26   #2662
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I found that the TIVO had forgotten all my Favourites yesterday.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 16:42   #2663
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I found that the TIVO had forgotten all my Favourites yesterday.
I thought it did they everytime it rebooted?
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 05:07   #2664
eagle-eye
Inactive

eagle-eye is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently signed up with Virgin after 15 years with Sky. I'm finding the whole thing a bit underwhelming to say the least.

I find the HD picture quality very variable to the point where it sometimes looks more like SD. This was the case with the the Manchester derby on Sky Sports 1. I also occasionally get some pixelation. I never had any issues like this with Sky unless we were having heavy rain.

One of the first things I did was buy an rf modulator and attach it to the scart port. This gave me a pretty decent picture on my bedroom TV. I actually think it was better than using the rf out on the Sky box.

Now all of a sudden the rf picture has become grainy and horrible. I managed to get it working again by doing a full reset on the Tivo but this morning it's gone again. Did an overnight update break it?

If I report this to Virgin will they do anything or will they just tell me off for using the scart/modulator? Have I likely got a faulty TiVo or is this expected behaviour with Virgin?

I'm only on a 12 month contract and I've still got my Sky dish.

Cheers.

Last edited by eagle-eye; 28-09-2016 at 05:26.
eagle-eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 08:42   #2665
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

You should report the pixellation to VM. That will be due to a signal fault on your cable and can be fixed by a technician visit.

The poor picture on your modulator is probably due to a bad connection (if it uses coax) or interference (if it's wireless). Check all the connections and try tuning it to a different channel.

ps. Welcome to the forum!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 08:56   #2666
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

The output from the SCART socket will be SD only in the first place. If the picture is grainy, then the problem is at your end with the RF modulator setup.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 11:40   #2667
eagle-eye
Inactive

eagle-eye is an unknown quantity at this point

If i get any further pixellation I'll give them a call.

I'm aware that the rf signal is never going to be fantastic but it's watchable especially on a smaller screen. I used channel 41 on my Sky box and carried on using it with the Tivo/Scart/modulator connection. Something seems to have changed and I've now got a decent picture again using channel 45. I can pick up Freeview TV from three different regions so there's a lot of channels taking up space and possibly interfering. One of those transmitters might have changed something so I'll let Virgin off for now.

Cheers.
eagle-eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 13:31   #2668
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

The performance of my Tivo has gotten worse of the last few weeks. It seems like a widespread issue that most likely won't be resolved anytime soon.
Lostlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 15:16   #2669
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I tried to use the Netflix app for the first time recently when the one for my LG Smart TV abruptly stopped working. Painful.
Very very true. Have tried to load both at the same time the smart TV option is so much quicker. How I HATE tivo.
Old 03-10-2016, 15:24   #2670
Jong1
Inactive

Jong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enough

Gave up using it a couple of years ago, Been using Chromecast and, then, the LG app.

Got shouted down here, 18 months ago, for suggesting Virgin needed to think about a new box
Jong1 is offline   Reply With Quote