Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is the BBC website down?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Connection Problems B'ham

Old 06-02-2011, 14:24   #1
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of
Connection Problems B'ham

Having intermitant connection problems over the weekend in the Perry Barr area of Birmingham. Anyone else having problems. Very annoying as I'm a avid online gamer. Grrrrrrr.
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2011, 19:10   #2
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of
Re: Connection Problems B'ham

I'm having to switch off / on my modem and router to re-establish my connection all the time. I'll put the computer into sleep mode then boot up later to find my connection has gone again. Any answers will be apreciated.
Old 06-02-2011, 23:41   #3
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
I'm having to switch off / on my modem and router to re-establish my connection all the time. I'll put the computer into sleep mode then boot up later to find my connection has gone again. Any answers will be apreciated.
Same here. Also in Birmingham.
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:39   #4
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

I've bypassed the router and still have the same problem. So it's either my modem or a problem at Virgins side. This is the first time I've logged on today which usually works so I'll see how it goes. I checked my configuration on the Virgin site and have Signal to noise ratio of 38db and power level of -1db on the downstream and power level of 46dbmv on the up.
Could it be anything to do with the 100meg roll out?
Old 07-02-2011, 14:22   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
I've bypassed the router and still have the same problem. So it's either my modem or a problem at Virgins side. This is the first time I've logged on today which usually works so I'll see how it goes. I checked my configuration on the Virgin site and have Signal to noise ratio of 38db and power level of -1db on the downstream and power level of 46dbmv on the up.
Could it be anything to do with the 100meg roll out?
Have you actually rang in to find out if the is an issue.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 16:51   #6
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Shhhhhh it's working fine today .