Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Vivid 350?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Vivid 350?

Old 15-08-2017, 15:42   #46
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road
Re: Vivid 350?

Got it in the end for £47, seems to be Vivid 350.

Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2017, 17:11   #47
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

No doubt 350Mbit exists so when BT starts rolling out g.fast (at 330Mbit) Virgin can still claim they're faster.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 19:26   #48
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

BT will NEVER NEVER get ahead of Virgin Media. Only the upload (BT) can beat Virgin Media from G.Fast 50Mbps upload.
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 19:32   #49
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
BT will NEVER NEVER get ahead of Virgin Media. Only the upload (BT) can beat Virgin Media from G.Fast 50Mbps upload.
When are you coming back to Virgin then?
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 19:40   #50
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

So I managed to get through to 2nd line support, and they confirmed that some CTMS do have "issues" with the new package. It might be fixed for me in five days.
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 19:56   #51
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Regarding post no. 27 in this thread...Members should not be posting inaccurate information as if it is fact.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 20:31   #52
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

it didn't take him long and I am sure there is plenty more to come
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 00:44   #53
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike86 View Post
So I managed to get through to 2nd line support, and they confirmed that some CTMS do have "issues" with the new package. It might be fixed for me in five days.
Some don't have enough channels activated to make residential 350 a good idea.

---------- Post added at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB79 View Post
they can't even confirm if I'll be automatically upgraded!
They don't have that information. Better that than them doing a TelfordCable making things up.

People had to take a new tier to go from 200 to 300. While I'm sure there will be some tier uplifts again at some point what they are I have genuinely no idea, and for right now neither do VM.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 02:00   #54
SimonB79
Inactive

SimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Vivid 350?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post

---------- Post added at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

They don't have that information. Better that than them doing a TelfordCable making things up.

People had to take a new tier to go from 200 to 300. While I'm sure there will be some tier uplifts again at some point what they are I have genuinely no idea, and for right now neither do VM.
Yep! I'm currently on 12 channels down (and 2 up) so that's probably why vivid350 isn't available in my area! 😇 I'm not gonna notice the difference between 300 and 350 anyway so it's no great loss if I'm being honest!🤦🏼*♂️
SimonB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 06:56   #55
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

I'm on 20 channels with 2 up at 64 QAM so I'm not too surprised I'm able to get 350
JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 07:45   #56
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My SuperHub has 20 channels so I would hope my area is ready. He didn't explain what was wrong very well, but he said it would be fixed once its passed to somebody with the authority to fix it (sounds like a configuration issue).
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 10:09   #57
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
That must be an existing customers thing or something about your area. 300Mb is available via a standard order journey a couple of roads away from me. Homeworks is a different thing altogether, it has a load of gack attached to it hardly anyone wants.
When I go into myVM and look at my package you can clearly see that upgrade paths are available for tv and phone but it looks like 200mbits is the max tier available. When I click on offer & upgrades it displays each service and when I click on upgrade broadband it gives me an option to upgrade to 200mbits or upgrade to homeworks. When I click on find out more for homeworks I get taken to the homepage where is says up to 300mbits for an extra £9.99/month for existing customers. That is why I thought 200mbits was the maximum standard residential tier and anything above had to go through homeworks.

Old 16-08-2017, 10:11   #58
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Understood Mon General.

Strange. Everything on >12 channels should be able to order 300 unless congestion is present.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 10:18   #59
SimonB79
Inactive

SimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Vivid 350?

Quote:
Understood Mon General.

Strange. Everything on >12 channels should be able to order 300 unless congestion is present.

mine sez 200 and I've been on 300 for 9 month atleast!

(vivid300 and homeworks are completely different entities!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1572.jpg (185.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: png IMG_1573.PNG (286.0 KB, 11 views)
SimonB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 10:36   #60
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Understood Mon General.

I can't see that unfortunately because I have got a shub2. I'll give them a tinkle on Friday and see what they say but I am not optimistic.