Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Signal Strength

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Media Signal Strength

Old 09-04-2016, 11:51   #1
rob77
Inactive

rob77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media Signal Strength

I have a dual-sim MotoG phone with Virgin in SIM1 and BT in SIM2. I believe that both Virgin and BT use the EE infrastructure.

Why is it, when signal strength is not optimum (eg inside a building, traveling on a train), that the BT is signal is significantly stronger than the VM signal? As far as I can see, they are both using the same nearby transmission mast. Typical reading from my phone:

BT - 89 dBm 12 asu
Virgin -101 dBm 7 asu

Any ideas?

PS doesn't change when I swap the SIMs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BT-VM.jpg (47.1 KB, 24 views)
rob77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2016, 00:43   #2
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media Signal Strength

Do you have the 4G variant of the MotoG as 4G signal may be stronger which you can get on BT but not Virgin
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:48   #3
rob77
Inactive

rob77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2nd generation MotoG (2014), so I don't think so. The fastest connection I seem to get is 'H+'. I'm in rural Somerset at the moment, where the best connectivity is 'E'!
rob77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 20:12   #4
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Related question. Does anyone know what a reasonable signal strength is ?

How does -122 RSSP, dBm sound
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote