Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 17-08-2016, 17:51   #2956
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Does anyone use Now TV for Sky Sports?
I've used it once a couple of years ago for a Scottish Cup game. Wasn't too impressed with the picture quality but the sports streaming is now 720p.

However I also experienced some issues and I can't believe it was due to demand of the game I was watching (Raith Rovers vs St Johnstone). I guessed at the time the stuttering and drop outs was due to the demand of a more popular match which was being streamed at the same time.

I've not used it since then.
Advertisement
Old 17-08-2016, 19:04   #2957
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
A Now TV Live Chat advisor has said that Sky Sports Mix "will be available on Now TV as a teaser channel for all Now TV subscribers".
Quote:
Originally Posted by love Virgin2013 View Post
Did they say from what date and for how long?
I assume from launch date (24/8/16), the post didn't say how long for.

How does the picture quality compare between TV Player+ & Now TV?

Saw an advert last night for Now TV Combo, is this new?

http://www.nowtv.com/broadband-and-tv

Free box, free broadband, £9.99 for Now TV and £17.99 line rental per month. Not sure if any free calls are included. £40 or £50 'set up fee' may apply.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 17-08-2016 at 19:29.
Old 18-08-2016, 18:08   #2958
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
I assume from launch date (24/8/16), the post didn't say how long for.
I wouldn't expect Sky Sports Mix any time soon on Now TV, from a team member on their support forums today:-

"At the moment there are no plans for NOW TV to carry Sky Sports Mix.
However if the plans change we will announce*this as we do with anything new*
Cheers
Andy"

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Sports...ix/td-p/393253
Old 18-08-2016, 18:14   #2959
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I wouldn't expect Sky Sports Mix any time soon on Now TV, from a team member on their support forums today:-

Cheers
Andy"

Thanks, looks like the CS people aren't singing from the same song sheet (again).
Old 18-08-2016, 18:40   #2960
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Cheers
Andy"

Standard scripted response Skysports mix will be on virgin, nowtv and sky, also one suspects they may do the odd promo on picktv too to tempt bt/freeview/freesat etc customers.
Old 19-08-2016, 12:19   #2961
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Cheers
Andy"

I'll eat my socks if Skysports mix doesn't launch on Nowtv.
Old 19-08-2016, 12:26   #2962
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I'd heard that Now TV broadband customers would get it. Will be interesting to see what happens next week.
Old 19-08-2016, 12:49   #2963
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
What about your hat as well.
Old 19-08-2016, 13:14   #2964
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What about your hat as well.
I had to eat that last year when i wrongly declared Universal HD was launching on vm last Autumn
Old 20-08-2016, 07:47   #2965
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Quote:
A Now TV Live Chat advisor has said that Sky Sports Mix "will be available on Now TV as a teaser channel for all Now TV subscribers".

Start eating

http://www.skysports.com/share/10543289

"Sky Sports Mix will be available to all Sky TV customers (not including NOW TV), as well as on selected Virgin Media packages, as well as providing a significant reach for a selection of the live sport available on Sky Sports at no extra cost."
Old 20-08-2016, 09:11   #2966
Khenryashley
Freedom for smokers

Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Khenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the rough

You can do it.
Old 20-08-2016, 12:50   #2967
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
Start eating

http://www.skysports.com/share/10543289

"Sky Sports Mix will be available to all Sky TV customers (not including NOW TV), as well as on selected Virgin Media packages, as well as providing a significant reach for a selection of the live sport available on Sky Sports at no extra cost."
Well that backfired on me chilli sauce n socks for dinner it is
Old 20-08-2016, 13:14   #2968
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Photos or it never happened.
Old 20-08-2016, 16:55   #2969
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
To be fair I thought there would be a good chance but I can see why they haven't so as to preserve number of sky customers moving to just now TV
Old 24-08-2016, 03:16   #2970
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Just been looking at Now TV. Their new box with non recordable Freeview seems daft as you'd be hard pressed to buy a TV without a DTT tuner built in these days.

I much prefer the older and cheaper model.

From my research, the new box doesn't seem to be as popular as they had hoped and is now being discounted for anyone that wants one.

IIRC it was £69 at launch and has been reduced on Tesco Direct to £59, however someone has seen them reduced to £39.99 in Tesco Express!

The older box without Freeview has been reduced to £20.
Closed Thread