Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cant Get Cable? - Maybe We Can Help!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Unhappy with installation.

Old 20-05-2013, 18:25   #1
Unhappy Chappy
Inactive

Unhappy Chappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy with installation.

Ive recently had the premier collection installed and im not that happy with the job thats been done.

Where the cables enter my house in the living room and bedroom he has left about 12 inches of cable and attrached an isolator which just sits on the floor and then the other cables to the boxes.

I now realise that he should of fitted white boxes to the walls to house the isolators. Both the holes where the cables enter my house have been drilled about 2 inches above the skirting board, so im not sure if the white boxes would now fit?

Should i phone virgin about this or is it not worth the hassle as i dont really want more holes drilling and the mess?

Will it do any harm to leave the isolators as they are on the floor?

When the guy first turned up i told him i wanted the superhub behind my downstairs tv along with the tivo box (so i could plug the ps3 into it) and the other hd box upstairs and he said i would have to have the hub upstairs as theres already a spitter outside and he couldnt put another splitter in the livingroom for the hub and tivo as the tivo required more power than the hd box, he did it as i wanted in the end and all seems to work ok, but i wonder if this is why he did such a rush job because i wouldnt let him do it as he wanted.

To be honest he couldnt get out of the house quick enough, oh and he wasnt even in a virgin van either, it said kellys on it i think.
Unhappy Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-05-2013, 18:58   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Unhappy with installation.

Isolators on the floor won't affect the system, but they will be more easy for you to accidentally kick.

VM do use contractors for many installations. Unfortunately the installers, however good they are, are screwed financially so need the fastest in and out possible so they can still earn a little money without working (literally) 24/7. This does mean sometimes corners are cut.

Bottom line, if you are unhappy, you have to phone and complain.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 19:08   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

you can turn the isolator sideways so it can fit, I'd call up
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 09:00   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

i would dude. At the end of the day everyone expects a certain standard of care and service. Ring them up and ask for someone different to come round and finish the job properly.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 11:20   #5
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Yeah, ring up and complain, they will have to send someone out to do that properly. You shouldn't have really let him leave without checking his work but that's no excuse.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 16:35   #6
Fas123
Inactive

Fas123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Unhappy with installation.

At least your engineer turned up. I've been up since 7am this morning anticipating someone to come between 8 and 1pm. Around 08:30am I saw someone in a virgin t-shirt looking around my front garden but they disappeared as quick as they came and without knocking. Thinking they maybe some sort of pre-install I waited on. At 12:30 I decided to call virgin to ask what's up, only to be told my install date has been changed to 12th June (btw today's appointment was confirmed to me yesterday morning by phone & text) After an angry outburst by me and around 20mins on hold the cancellation team, who at this point I had requested, assured me someone was 'definitely 100% coming'. As soon as I hung up, the install department rang straight away and said the exact same thing. Needless to say, it's 3and half hours later and I've given up all hope. If this the treatment I get before install I don't know what they'll do to me later.
I'll be cancelling my order in the morning. I NEVER had this bs with BT.
Fas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 18:16   #7
ferretuk
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Unlimited FTTC
ferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpack

Fas123 - As you've started your own thread here it isn't good form to hijack another thread to make a point unrelated to the OP's post...
ferretuk is offline   Reply With Quote