Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 31-07-2004, 16:26   #391
ppolo99
cf.member

Services: 10mbit ntl:
ppolo99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

my area better not be last, otherwise i will wait longer and get reallllly jelous and annoy people on here until i get it
Advertisement
Old 31-07-2004, 16:44   #392
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppolo99
my area better not be last, otherwise i will wait longer and get reallllly jelous and annoy people on here until i get it
Oh no you won't.
Old 31-07-2004, 16:55   #393
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Oh no you won't.
Watches as Neil reaches for the ban button.
Old 31-07-2004, 16:56   #394
peacedude2k4

NAhhh neil is more worried about being the last one so he will ban all others who have it when he doesn't

Old 31-07-2004, 17:03   #395
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppolo99
Yes, but by then we wont care anyway zooming along at our improved speed, hehehe
Old 31-07-2004, 17:17   #396
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacedude2k4
NAhhh neil is more worried about being the last one so he will ban all others who have it when he doesn't
Except Neil doesn't have to wait for freebie offers from his ISP (just wondering if people suddenly think an extra few KB of download speed will make up for all their other issues with ntl? )

I pay my money (not to ntl I hasten to add! ) & in return I get a rock solid, stable internet connection (with email servers that always work too )

Old 31-07-2004, 17:23   #397
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking

Talking about email servers just started forwarding all of my emails to my gmail account.
Old 31-07-2004, 17:27   #398
Neil
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolking
Talking about email servers just started forwarding all of my emails to my gmail account.
Good move m8.
Old 31-07-2004, 20:21   #399
badnbusy
Inactive

badnbusy will become famous soon enoughbadnbusy will become famous soon enoughbadnbusy will become famous soon enough

Just had someone do a speedtest on our site, and got a result of 1457.2 kbps! Out of the hundreds of tests performed, this is the only one to show over 1mb. So i now believe ntl have upgraded some places

They were in luton btw
Old 31-07-2004, 21:04   #400
peacedude2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil

I pay my money (not to ntl I hasten to add! ) & in return I get a rock solid, stable internet connection (with email servers that always work too )

LOL like the perfect salesmen talks about how to use and work with NTL but hell no would he ever use it himself LOL, I'm only with NTL because we have there telly and phone line otherwise I think i would be Blue Yonder 3mb.....still tempting....

Old 31-07-2004, 21:24   #401
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacedude2k4
LOL like the perfect salesmen talks about how to use and work with NTL but hell no would he ever use it himself LOL, I'm only with NTL because we have there telly and phone line otherwise I think i would be Blue Yonder 3mb.....still tempting....

you can get blueyonder ?

what are you waiting for you mad man!!! go get it 3mbit that is
Old 31-07-2004, 21:27   #402
TheShadow
Inactive

Services: NTL Digital / NTL 3Mbit
TheShadow is an unknown quantity at this point

I might get 3Mbps when I move to a TW enabled area later this year.

Might be worth waiting to see if it comes down in price though. You don't want to be stuck on a 50/month contract while it could be available for 3x/month a little later.
Old 31-07-2004, 21:27   #403
peacedude2k4

Its knowing NTL will still be billing me 4months time for a 1mb NTL broadband line even when i don't have it... I just know it....its NTL aka when broke down NTHELL

Old 31-07-2004, 21:39   #404
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow
I might get 3Mbps when I move to a TW enabled area later this year.

Might be worth waiting to see if it comes down in price though. You don't want to be stuck on a 50/month contract while it could be available for 3x/month a little later.

if your under contract your under contract for them to provide services, if the price decreases irrespective of what the price was when you signed up to then you will still be eligble to pay the new price, if its a decrease or increase.

im sure this applies to TW, although im open to correction.
Old 31-07-2004, 21:48   #405
peacedude2k4

I agree there i Mean ntl 1mb was £35 then went upto £37.99 and i have had to pay the increase although now I heard im getting 1.5mb soon i wont complain, although the 3mb Blue Yonder still tempts me, just the crap 256kps upload which annoys me about it come on Blue Yonder if u read this give us a 512kbs upload and I'm yours

Closed Thread