Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 11-12-2016, 16:35   #2281
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, well it would be as it denies some of its output to other platforms!

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

In the same way as they shouldn't deny Sky Atlantic to other platforms. This is the nature of Sky, unfortunately.
But due to a whole new raft of sky restricitons how long can and will virgin media customers remain loyal
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2016, 16:40   #2282
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
But due to a whole new raft of sky restricitons how long can and will virgin media customers remain loyal
I guess it depends on what you want from your TV service.

My main beef (as some may have guessed) is that we can't get Sky Atlantic on Virgin Media, but I and others on this forum have got around this by subscribing to Now TV.

Sky don't have anything else to offer that I crave, so I won't be going over to the dark side just yet.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 16:41   #2283
mcgillca
cf.member

mcgillca is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Yes, the V6 still responds to the old remote so you're OK.
Thank you very much for confirming! I'll order my second V6 box...

Colin
mcgillca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 16:52   #2284
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I guess it depends on what you want from your TV service.

My main beef (as some may have guessed) is that we can't get Sky Atlantic on Virgin Media, but I and others on this forum have got around this by subscribing to Now TV.

Sky don't have anything else to offer that I crave, so I won't be going over to the dark side just yet.
The great master can send all the minions he wants from his gold and marble palatial fortress but his legendary influence will not change this old codger.
Old 11-12-2016, 16:54   #2285
Mr Banana

Quote:
You tell us, you are the one who keeps moaning. How long will you stay loyal?
Old 11-12-2016, 17:10   #2286
bantamboy
Inactive

bantamboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantamboy View Post
I'm looking to replace my secondary VHD box with a V6. The existing Tivo is next to the hub, so ethernet connected. Just done a WiFi speed check upstairs where I'd want the V6 and I'm downloading at 45-50meg and uploading at 15-20. Would this be strong enough to connect the boxes or would I need powerline or WiFi boost upstairs?
Have now placed my order, interestingly enough no charge for the box, £50 install and £15 activation.
bantamboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 17:42   #2287
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
You tell us, you are the one who keeps moaning. How long will you stay loyal?
If I'm honest I don't know how long I can stay loyal for
Old 11-12-2016, 17:56   #2288
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
If I'm honest I don't know how long I can stay loyal for
Well, if you are saying you are loyal, betrayal must be spectacular!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 18:14   #2289
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

With VM's Mix TV, Now TV, Netflix and Amazon Prime, moving to Sky would offer me nothing else that I want or need.

The above won't suit everyone; that's why it's good to have choice. Your TV needs appear to be better served by Sky Q.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 19:03   #2290
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Well, if you are saying you are loyal, betrayal must be spectacular!
No I am loyal but to be honest loyality to virgin is getting tested, they said this box would give groundbreaking things like take your recordings with you, well that is not totally correct is it.
Old 11-12-2016, 19:17   #2291
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Loyalty and betrayal... you guys are nuts, they're a company not your best friend
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 19:39   #2292
carbon60
Needs more upload

Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
carbon60 is on a distinguished roadcarbon60 is on a distinguished road

TiVo V6 and Hub 3 installed today, I had to wave goodbye to the elderly Scientific Atlanta V+ box, I'd grown quite attached to it despite the amount of nursemaiding I've had to do to it recently with broken series links, etc.

The install took an hour, most of the time taken up with all the firmware updates to both devices.

Internet now 200Mbit on 12 downstream channels. We were forced to change from the Superhub 1 to Hub 3, it rebooted itself after a couple of hours - hopefully to do another firmware update although it did concern me. I've now put it into modem mode.
carbon60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 19:45   #2293
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazted2001 View Post
Hi, any idea how we enable the scart out, so I can use my modulator please
It's not possible. Your best best is to also keep your old TiVo, and send the content through that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantamboy View Post
Just done a WiFi speed check upstairs where I'd want the V6 and I'm downloading at 45-50meg and uploading at 15-20. Would this be strong enough to connect the boxes or would I need to powerline or WiFi boost upstairs?
You can't really tell that way. Each device has its own WiFi characteristics. Anyway, don't worry about it - leave it to the installer to sort it out.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 19:59   #2294
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Anyway, don't worry about it - leave it to the installer to sort it out.
...unless you get the installer that thinks the recordings on V6 are in the cloud because the V6 doesn't have a hard disk.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 21:07   #2295
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
...unless you get the installer that thinks the recordings on V6 are in the cloud because the V6 doesn't have a hard disk.
Whats that got to do with wifi connectivity?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote