Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo user guide/manual

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Absolute Shambles

Old 18-06-2011, 18:19   #1
Another_Account
Inactive

Another_Account is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Absolute Shambles

18:16 - still waiting on an Engineer. He did phone at 1.30pm and then 4.30pm

What did alarm me was that when he phoned at 4.30pm he asked me "it's just an upgrade isn't it"

Eh no - check the order my friend - upgrade to TiVo plus completely new install of an HD Box into a new room.....

How can an Engineer be out and not know what the order is? Me thinks I won't be seeing him today.
Another_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-06-2011, 07:31   #2
Another_Account
Inactive

Another_Account is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Absolute Shambles

My Engineer arrived at 7.00pm and a nicer guy you couldn't meet unfortunately it's been a bit of a botch job.

I wanted him to go outside the house with the cable so we didn't want wires all round the house or asked him to go through the loft but he convinced us the cable wouldn't be noticeable

- he cracked the coven (forgivable)
- due to timing issues to close the job down he unplugged my existing VHD Box to pair the new VHD Box before installing in the new room but now the picture on my original VHD box has went all fuzzy (get an Engineer out to sort it)
- the cable that wasn't going to be noticeable.... it looks like my sons' room door has been eating toothpaste with an in inch gap between the door frame and the cable.

Not impressed at all - felt the whole thing was a bit of a rush job. My wife is livid
Another_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 21:35   #3
redone
Inactive

redone is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Absolute Shambles

At 7.00 oclock he would have been rushing to finish your best hope is a call to 151 and complain to get a install manager around to see the install then hopefully get a tech to rectify it all for you
redone is offline   Reply With Quote