Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 14:28   #61
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

No reason to think they won't. Unless you're... well.. you
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2012, 14:31   #62
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
No reason to think they won't. Unless you're... well.. you
Record & track come to mind

O hang on "its out of our hands"
Old 03-04-2012, 15:00   #63
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Well Tivo was "on time". And yes, things happen that are out of our control.
Old 03-04-2012, 15:01   #64
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Of cause they will.
O yes there are a squadron of old spots passing my window

Sorry being honest I really don`t care. I hope that they come for the sake of the people that require them. I just find Virgins track record on delivery of any thing is not to be trusted. It comes in the end- but Boy O Boy things take some time.
In my case the upgrade of BB is over an year away !!! if its on time. Really talk about thinking well ahead !
Calm down Itshim and put the kettle on.
Old 03-04-2012, 15:15   #65
Emel
Inactive

Services: Tivo, Vplus, TVXL, Sky Sports, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Emel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of light

When I first heard about the BBC Tivo app it sounded great but if we won't be able to record any of the streams then it suddenly seems disappointing compared to 20 new HD channels on Sky. Is Tivo too clever?
Old 03-04-2012, 15:25   #66
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emel View Post
When I first heard about the BBC Tivo app it sounded great but if we won't be able to record any of the streams then it suddenly seems disappointing compared to 20 new HD channels on Sky. Is Tivo too clever?
Of course, this is the same number (actually 24) that the BBC will have.
Old 03-04-2012, 15:42   #67
Emel
Inactive

Emel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Of course, this is the same number (actually 24) that the BBC will have.
I am sure we will get all the streams but as nstokes mentioned, as an app, we may not be able to record them. Surely straightforward channels which can be recorded when you are out would be a better solution for the Olympics.
Old 03-04-2012, 16:03   #68
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
If that's true, and the channels aren't launching on Virgin outwith a TiVO app then that sucks big time.

It seems to be good news for anyone with a SKY dish:

http://corporate.sky.com/media/press...mpics_channels

The 48 new channels will be added to the Sports section of Sky’s Electronic Programme Guide from the 24th of July. The channels are free-to-air and available to any Sky home, including Freesat from Sky homes. The HD channels are available on any Sky+HD box and do not require a subscription, but do require an HD ready TV. Customers will require a Sky subscription in order to use Sky+.

Virgin need to deliver the same to their customer who don't have TiVo
Indeed it is , not a massive Olympics fan myself however I'm sure many of Sky's 10 million customers are and the ability to record each event is a big plus.
Old 03-04-2012, 16:14   #69
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Indeed it is , not a massive Olympics fan myself however I'm sure many of Sky's 10 million customers are and the ability to record each event is a big plus.
Can almost hear the rustle of fanboy feathers being rubbed up the wrong way as Sky takes Olympic gold
Old 03-04-2012, 16:19   #70
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Can almost hear the rustle of fanboy feathers being rubbed up the wrong way as Sky takes Olympic gold
Which fanboy's are those then?
Old 03-04-2012, 16:32   #71
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I think it's incredible that all current SKY customers will be able to access all streams whilst at the moment only Virgin TiVo customers will have access. As per the last figures only 435,000 Virgin customers have TiVo. What on Earth are Virgin doing? At the moment they are alienating 3,500,000 of their paying TV customers simply because they don’t have the most up to date PVR.

Virgin must launch the streams as linear channels for VHD and V+ customers. As a TiVo customer myself, with V+ in my bedroom, I want to be able to access all of the Olympics regardless of what box at home I’m watching on. I pay my TV license and a high end subscription and expect full coverage, and the ability to record the events on both of my boxes.

Virgin are aligning themselves to the Olympics very neatly with their logo being changed to incorporate the British flag, using Usain Bolt in their ad campaigns and their deal with the London underground to bring free Wi-Fi to passengers during the Olympic period. It would be such a shame for them not to deliver the biggest show on the planet, live from our shores, to all 4,000,000 of their TV customers. In fact it would be a scandal if they didn’t.

I expect a press release from Virgin soon about this.
Old 03-04-2012, 16:39   #72
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I think it's incredible that all current SKY customers will be able to access all streams whilst at the moment only Virgin TiVo customers will have access. As per the last figures only 435,000 Virgin customers have TiVo. What on Earth are Virgin doing? At the moment they are alienating 3,500,000 of their paying TV customers simply because they don’t have the most up to date PVR.

Virgin must launch the streams as linear channels for VHD and V+ customers. As a TiVo customer myself, with V+ in my bedroom, I want to be able to access all of the Olympics regardless of what box at home I’m watching on. I pay my TV license and a high end subscription and expect full coverage, and the ability to record the events on both of my boxes.

Virgin are aligning themselves to the Olympics very neatly with their logo being changed to incorporate the British flag, using Usain Bolt in their ad campaigns and their deal with the London underground to bring free Wi-Fi to passengers during the Olympic period. It would be such a shame for them not to deliver the biggest show on the planet, live from our shores, to all 4,000,000 of their TV customers. In fact it would be a scandal if they didn’t.

I believe all those streams are supposedly available to freesat customers also with Sky picking up the satellite distribution costs

Quote:
Many of those discussions are still continuing, but the BBC and Sky have announced today that they've come to an agreement that will deliver the 24 channels to all Sky homes. Sky will also pick up the costs of satellite distribution, irrespective of whether other platforms join in - though we hope and believe there'll be more announcements soon.
Freesat confirmed via Twitter
http://www.freesat.co.uk/news-and-views/twitter

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Freesat into Silver
Old 03-04-2012, 16:42   #73
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I believe all those streams are supposedly available to freesat customers also with Sky picking up the satellite distribution costs

Freesat confirmed via Twitter
http://www.freesat.co.uk/news-and-views/twitter

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

Freesat into Silver
And now l reveal a new green medal for the great master muppet.
Old 03-04-2012, 16:58   #74
Emel
Inactive

Quote:

Well said Chad. I hope someone is listening!
Old 03-04-2012, 17:47   #75
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Well if i can get all those sports streams via freesat whats to stop me at the end of the footy season cancelling sky sports and knocking back my xl tv subs for a couple of months, i'll have plenty of telly to watch there, unless VM want to install me 2 TiVo's free without any install or activation fees.
Closed Thread