Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 15-11-2013, 11:06   #1
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Netflix/Streaming Services

A thread to discuss all things relating to Netflix such as news , what your currently watching etc.

What do people think of the new Netflix UI ? Its currently only available on PS3 , Roku 3 , XBOX with more devices to be added.

I think its a vast improvement on the previous UI , search is better also.

http://ukirelandblog.netflix.com/201...eover.html?m=1
Advertisement
Old 15-11-2013, 11:11   #2
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

I am enjoying it. I have not searched through anything on the TIVO, I am using the mobile app for that. The mobile app is excellent though.

No complaints so far.

Oh, currently re-living my childhood and enjoying The Muppet Christmas Carol!
Old 15-11-2013, 11:25   #3
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Marvel TV shows to debut on Netflix

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24864631

Just finished watching House of Cards (Kevin Spacey) and Lillyhammer.
Old 15-11-2013, 11:32   #4
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Currently watching Sons of Anarchy. Don't know why but it passed me by originally. Really enjoying it. Also now on to season 3 of Breaking Bad.
Old 15-11-2013, 13:24   #5
Londonbornpaddy
Inactive

Londonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enough

I have been a fan of Netflix for almost a year and it has got better and better. I used to have the Sky Movies package but it was such a waste of money and really after a month it was a waste of time as no good movies were on and the amount of repeats drove me mad. Netflix now has so many films and series that i actually have things backed up on "My list" when i find them. Also of course you can watch it on laptop or tablet or phone so long as you have a decent connection. Nothing but good things to say about it.
Old 15-11-2013, 13:55   #6
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

A great TV show that gets critical acclaim, but seems to be missed by many people (probably because it's shown on 5USA in the UK) is 'Justified'. Netflix have 3 seasons.
Old 15-11-2013, 14:10   #7
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

I use streaming services mainly for the kids and they are loving Inspector Gadget, having never seen it before. Netflix even had the pilot episode where he had a mustache!

There's also a host of other content that the wife and I will be interested in and I like the integration with the TiVo box and the app seems reliable so good chance we will sign up once the free trial runs out (can't get the 6 months from Virgin as I'd have to loose out on my loyalty discount).
Old 15-11-2013, 14:12   #8
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
A great TV show that gets critical acclaim, but seems to be missed by many people (probably because it's shown on 5USA in the UK) is 'Justified'. Netflix have 3 seasons.
I'll echo that - Justified, especially from the later episodes of season one, is outstanding.
I know everyone already knows about it but Breaking Bad really is as good as everyone says, getting bolder, braver and even more brilliant as it runs through the five seasons.
I'd also recommend Battlestar Galactica (especially for VM customers who missed it during the great Sky1 debacle a few years back); Firefly; House of Cards (both US and UK versions); The Killing (both versions); Orange is the new Black; and I've ever noticed that HBO/BBC drama Rome is on Netflix (the only HBO stuff I've seen though).
The UK content is fab too: Life on Mars, Cracker, Prime Suspect, Downton Abbey, Silk, Green Wing, The Thick of It, The IT Crowd...
Old 15-11-2013, 14:18   #9
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I'll echo that - Justified, especially from the later episodes of season one, is outstanding.
I know everyone already knows about it but Breaking Bad really is as good as everyone says, getting bolder, braver and even more brilliant as it runs through the five seasons.
I'd also recommend Battlestar Galactica (especially for VM customers who missed it during the great Sky1 debacle a few years back); Firefly; House of Cards (both US and UK versions); The Killing (both versions); Orange is the new Black; and I've ever noticed that HBO/BBC drama Rome is on Netflix (the only HBO stuff I've seen though).
The UK content is fab too: Life on Mars, Cracker, Prime Suspect, Downton Abbey, Silk, Green Wing, The Thick of It, The IT Crowd...
The benefit of these series is that they didn't get canned after one series so you can genuinely get into each series without the fear it's going to be dropped. That's the advantage of coming into a series late. I can see us using Netflix quite a lot in the quit summer months when our back log of Autumn/Winter recordings has dried up and noting new is on. Life on Mars is always worth a repeat viewing.
Old 15-11-2013, 18:11   #10
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Breaking Bad.

Nuff said.
Old 15-11-2013, 18:14   #11
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

If you haven't already seen it check out The League even if you are not into American football it is one heck of a funny show.
Old 15-11-2013, 21:17   #12
plaiter
Inactive

plaiter is on a distinguished roadplaiter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
Life on Mars is always worth a repeat viewing.
I agree with you. I am loving Netflix just started watching Life on Mars again and resisting the temptation to download some David Bowie songs to Spotify

I especially like the way you can watch on multiple devices and continue watching a show from one device to another.

The picture quality of Netflix on Tivo is great too.

Does anyone know of any good blogs to see the upcoming Netflix content ?
Old 15-11-2013, 21:22   #13
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaiter View Post
I agree with you. I am loving Netflix just started watching Life on Mars again and resisting the temptation to download some David Bowie songs to Spotify

I especially like the way you can watch on multiple devices and continue watching a show from one device to another.

The picture quality of Netflix on Tivo is great too.

I've just compared the same movie across LF , Netflix and Now TV on a PS3 and the difference was unbelievable , Netflix easily produced the best PQ by a country mile , I would say Now TV shaded it in second over LF.
Old 15-11-2013, 21:34   #14
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaiter View Post

http://uk.istreamguide.com/
Old 15-11-2013, 23:27   #15
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

For movie premiers o Netflix uk http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...vm-page-3.html
Closed Thread