Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 21:58   #631
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I didn't actually, and the reason for that is that you are very hard towards VM, ok i understand your reasons for this, but I did think that you were making a genuine comment.
I'm pretty sure VM won't be crying in their cornflakes at me being hard on them
In fairness to vm when i was with them i had the 100mb bb and it rarely dropped below 98mb so i can honestly say i can't fault them on that however their upload speeds were a joke back then wether or not this has improved i don't know but being a gaming streamer upload speeds were vital for me, BT aint perfect either but with them i'm getting 76mbs d/l and 19mbs u/l rumoured to be increased to 120mb d/l and 40mbu/l this year ut i'm leaving BT anyway due to price rises lol.
If it wasn't through the attitude of the management team and ceo office (who used to be superb before LG took over) chances are i'd still be a vm customer today.
But i can see why you thought the comment was genuine i should really of put a pokey tongue or wink emoji by it.
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2017, 23:17   #632
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Richard, you couldn't possibly expect us to comment on this because you haven't given us details of your complaint. We have to accept your version of events, and I have to say that when I look at your previous posts, you do seem to be a serial complainer. No offence! The fact that a solicitor's letter got VM to back down does not prove they were wrong, just that it was more trouble than it was worth (£10) to get this resolved.

If a contract is what VM's solicitors have advised to prevent having to give into low value claims, then I'm not surprised to learn that this is now what they are doing. As a businessman yourself, does this not make sense?

For those who are tempted to go down Richard's path, don't think for one moment that Virgin don't know who you are, and don't expect them to do you any favours!

Just sayin'...
I have no plans to go into great detail about my complaint on here as it's not relevant and I'm not looking for your comments either.

The purpose of my post was to support theone in his belief that CS has deteriorated under LGI. The version of events are as previously stated.

If matters are to my liking, I don't complain, if matters aren't then I do and I expect them to be remedied. I'm sure you wouldn't simply swallow the £10 overcharge, or maybe you would??

My solicitor agreed with my complaint and he is legally trained, so that's good enough for me.

If they decided to roll over because it wasn't worth arguing over a tenner, then why was it not done sooner? By protracting this, they have only served to waste my time and get my back up.

Each time one of their contracts expires, they will now be required to prove that they offer best value. This will take up staff time/resources and possibly reduce their profit.

AFAIK, VM didn't involve their own solicitors, someone simply saw sense, but the damage to goodwill had already been done.

Your last paragraph doesn't really make any sense, what do you mean by saying that VM "know who you are". Of course they do

Are you also suggesting that VM 'punish' or treat customers less favourably if they do something that meets with their displeasure??

Finally, I wouldn't bother with the £50 refer a friend incentive. I've done it twice. The first time took endless contact and 18 months to get paid.

The second time took endless contact and 2.5 years.

After being given false promises, lied to and messed about, it was eventually paid. It really isn't worth the hassle.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:00   #633
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I have no plans to go into great detail about my complaint on here as it's not relevant and I'm not looking for your comments either.

The purpose of my post was to support theone in his belief that CS has deteriorated under LGI. The version of events are as previously stated.

If matters are to my liking, I don't complain, if matters aren't then I do and I expect them to be remedied. I'm sure you wouldn't simply swallow the £10 overcharge, or maybe you would??

My solicitor agreed with my complaint and he is legally trained, so that's good enough for me.

If they decided to roll over because it wasn't worth arguing over a tenner, then why was it not done sooner? By protracting this, they have only served to waste my time and get my back up.

Each time one of their contracts expires, they will now be required to prove that they offer best value. This will take up staff time/resources and possibly reduce their profit.

AFAIK, VM didn't involve their own solicitors, someone simply saw sense, but the damage to goodwill had already been done.

Your last paragraph doesn't really make any sense, what do you mean by saying that VM "know who you are". Of course they do

Are you also suggesting that VM 'punish' or treat customers less favourably if they do something that meets with their displeasure??

Finally, I wouldn't bother with the £50 refer a friend incentive. I've done it twice. The first time took endless contact and 18 months to get paid.

After being given false promises, lied to and messed about, it was eventually paid. It really isn't worth the hassle.
Surely, Richard, all posts on the forum are subject to comment by others. I saw a need to respond to yours as, not for the first time, you made damaging comments about Virgin Media which I have a feeling are unfair. I like to believe what people say about their experiences, but this was yet another battle of yours in what has become a litany of complaints about a company that, in my experience, has a pretty good record of customer service. Not once have I ever had cause to complain about the company, or indeed its predecessors. The staff have always been polite and have addressed any questions I've had with absolute courtesy. I have not detected the deterioration in service under Liberty Global that you claim has happened.

Honestly, Richard, if you really are concerned about Virgin Media and how they deal with you, it is surprising that you have not moved to another provider, with whom I suspect, you would soon have issues as well.

My comment about VM 'knowing who you are' was merely pointing out that if a customer is rude and demanding, they can't really expect VM to go out on a limb to help them. Politeness goes a long way, I find.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:17   #634
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I have used the refer a friend a few times. The first time I admit, it took a phone call for them to credit my £50, but they have been improving. I used this service again in January and the £50 was credited to my account automatically.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:32   #635
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

On a more positive note, VM have been doing some housekeeping in the Catch Up and On Demand menus, so it's looking much more professional.

Most of the outdated logos have been updated, folder decriptions have been added, they have fixed graphics and the Movies section has been significantly de-cluttered.

They have also launched their sixth box set in 'Virgin TV Exclusives' for all Full House / XL customers, with the addition of Imposters (shown on Bravo in the US).
Old 03-03-2017, 12:54   #636
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Surely, Richard, all posts on the forum are subject to comment by others. I saw a need to respond to yours as, not for the first time, you made damaging comments about Virgin Media which I have a feeling are unfair. I like to believe what people say about their experiences, but this was yet another battle of yours in what has become a litany of complaints about a company that, in my experience, has a pretty good record of customer service. Not once have I ever had cause to complain about the company, or indeed its predecessors. The staff have always been polite and have addressed any questions I've had with absolute courtesy. I have not detected the deterioration in service under Liberty Global that you claim has happened.

Honestly, Richard, if you really are concerned about Virgin Media and how they deal with you, it is surprising that you have not moved to another provider, with whom I suspect, you would soon have issues as well.

My comment about VM 'knowing who you are' was merely pointing out that if a customer is rude and demanding, they can't really expect VM to go out on a limb to help them. Politeness goes a long way, I find.
I do agree with BIB even in my anger at vm i remained calm and polite plus if some staff are aiming to get a reaction it annoys them more when they don't get one but with all companies always be polite and not demanding for example when bt emailed me about price rises i didn't demand a offer or threaten to leave i simply rang up and said "i'm ringing up about my current price rise and was wondering if there were any offers on my account please?" they made a offer but at the time SKYs offer was far better BT offered me 52mbs for £36.99pm whilst SKY offered the same for £30pm i know skys hub is as useful as a wet paper bag but i can piggy back my own router off it, however i've given BT full permission to contact me should a better offer become available.
Even in my recent emauil to vms CEO trying to sort out this £140 they think i owe still i was polite and including documents that supported and even dropped hints that if it got resolved i may return.
Politeness does go a long way, i've worked in retail and trust me polite custoers make your day so much better the rude customers you don't want to help but will because it's your job, whereas the polite customers i'd go that extra mile to help and love helping them.

Now on a more positive note vm in talks with Sony apparantly, no idea as what yet but ore info when i get it.
Old 03-03-2017, 15:15   #637
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Now on a more positive note vm in talks with Sony apparantly, no idea as what yet but ore info when i get it.
A new TV for the staff break room perhaps?

Old 03-03-2017, 15:54   #638
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
A new TV for the staff break room perhaps?
Nah that'll be LG get it?
i'll get my coat.
Old 03-03-2017, 17:48   #639
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
HVC rumoured to be making a return (i wonder how many remember HVC from the telewest days?) anyway it will be free to full house and above customers and £5pm to other customers, content will be in HD and advert free.
Don't remember HVC not sure what you mean by "full House" but have all
The Channels
Old 03-03-2017, 17:55   #640
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

£5 per month lmfao
Old 03-03-2017, 19:47   #641
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

You said yourself that you couldn't comment without knowing the full facts, but chose to do so anyway.

Just because you like to gloat over your good experiences, don't assume that it's the same for everyone.

If VM don't like "damaging comments" from customers, they should get their act together.

As already explained, because of this shoddy behaviour, they will now be required to prove that they offer the best overall value as each contract expires. I will no longer be blindly supporting the underdog because of my dislike of Sky as they are becoming as bad.

Fortunately, as theone says, they are not longer the only players in town.

To quash your implication that I was rude or demanding, I was not- in fact most communication has been done by a third-party. I suggest that you refrain from making such false allegations against me (this is the second time that you've tried this).

Once again, I will point out that staff of every organisation should be professional and mature at all times regardless of how they perceive that they are being spoken to.

If they believe that they are being abused in some way, there will be policies & procedures to deal with this. Thankfully, most people I've come across don't share your view that petty revenge is the solution. In fact, if this ever took place, the staff member may find themselves in trouble with their employer and/or the law eg some people express themselves in an unusual manner due to disability.

Your blind support for VM isn't normal behaviour. They aren't a friend, neighbour or a relative, they are simply a utility provider and nothing more.

I hope that you aren't one of those people who ring their free number just for someone to talk to. This was the reason that everybody had to start paying to contact them (though thankfully this policy was reversed).

This £10 business was a charge that directly discriminated against disabled people.

Even after having it spelled out to them and the possible consequences should I take legal action, it was like talking to a brick wall.

Thankfully, those with more intelligence further up the pecking order saw sense and refunded me after abolishing this charge.

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

Quote:
I do agree with BIB even in my anger at vm i remained calm and polite plus if some staff are aiming to get a reaction it annoys them more when they don't get one but with all companies always be polite and not demanding for example when bt emailed me about price rises i didn't demand a offer or threaten to leave i simply rang up and said "i'm ringing up about my current price rise and was wondering if there were any offers on my account please?" they made a offer but at the time SKYs offer was far better BT offered me 52mbs for £36.99pm whilst SKY offered the same for £30pm i know skys hub is as useful as a wet paper bag but i can piggy back my own router off it, however i've given BT full permission to contact me should a better offer become available.
Even in my recent emauil to vms CEO trying to sort out this £140 they think i owe still i was polite and including documents that supported and even dropped hints that if it got resolved i may return.
Politeness does go a long way, i've worked in retail and trust me polite custoers make your day so much better the rude customers you don't want to help but will because it's your job, whereas the polite customers i'd go that extra mile to help and love helping them.

Yep, Sony are to launch new channels. SAB (Asian stuff) is to be made available in the UK.

New English channels include Sony Mix and others. I'll try and find out what they are
Old 03-03-2017, 21:16   #642
theone2k10
Inactive

US broadcaster Comet rumoured to be launching a uk channel on freeview, sky and wait for it......... VM.
Comet tv is a sci fi channel that shows classic sci fi shows such as Quantum leap, stargate sg1 it also airs classic sci fi movies such as robocop and the terminator.
Old 03-03-2017, 21:42   #643
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The TV Anywhere app was updated last year. What further update were you expecting?
Well to start with the 3G 4g update for streaming would be a good start

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

Quote:
Stop it, Andrew. Clearly, this was what Virgin were aiming for, but stuff happens. It'll be there soon enough.
First of all I don't like to be told to stop it as this is a forum. Virgin are the ones who made these comments and promises not me
Old 03-03-2017, 22:15   #644
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
US broadcaster Comet rumoured to be launching a uk channel on freeview, sky and wait for it......... VM.
Comet tv is a sci fi channel that shows classic sci fi shows such as Quantum leap, stargate sg1 it also airs classic sci fi movies such as robocop and the terminator.
Ooohhhh sounds interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
First of all I don't like to be told to stop it as this is a forum. Virgin are the ones who made these comments and promises not me
I suspect that a lot of his vexatious & antagonistic comments are purposely designed to stir things up on the forum.

He has form if you can be bothered to look through his past posts.
Old 03-03-2017, 22:54   #645
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Ooohhhh sounds interesting...

I suspect that a lot of his vexatious & antagonistic comments are purposely designed to stir things up on the forum.

He has form if you can be bothered to look through his past posts.
Were you being sarcastic about the new channel, Rich. Or are you looking forward to it?
Closed Thread