Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 18-09-2014, 11:28   #766
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Netflix bills directly - it wouldn't be added to the VM account
Old 19-09-2014, 05:10   #767
love Virgin2013
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media VIP
love Virgin2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizuk View Post
And you do know that it won't be included in your VM bill?
Yes i know it wont but have checked on my Netflix account and it just says im on a special offer with a monthly cost of £0.00.
Old 19-09-2014, 08:03   #768
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
9th post down seems to suggest that uk will be able to get WWE Network without the need of having Sky or vm etc.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/wwe-ne...l#post39360130
Allways was the wwe network Is completely run by wwe,the deal with sky changes as from Sunday nights ppv to the new deal.all ppv's are box office ppv from them if you wish to watch from Sky or vm
Old 19-09-2014, 11:47   #769
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

It seems Netflix is being put under pressure to block VPN access.
Old 19-09-2014, 13:18   #770
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Bleedin hope not,mine will be getting canx if it does
Old 19-09-2014, 18:46   #771
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
That's being driven by a 3rd rate streaming company in Australia. It seems a few hundred thousand Aussies are subscribing to Netflix instead of their overpriced offering.

They wouldn't be able to block it through VPN, the only way they could do it is the same way that Amazon does it with their Prime streaming service.
Old 19-09-2014, 20:23   #772
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
That's being driven by a 3rd rate streaming company in Australia. It seems a few hundred thousand Aussies are subscribing to Netflix instead of their overpriced offering.

They wouldn't be able to block it through VPN, the only way they could do it is the same way that Amazon does it with their Prime streaming service.
Even Amazon prime usa is easy to get in uk.
Hulu tried it and within a few hours there was a workaround.
Old 20-09-2014, 00:06   #773
johnathome
cf.geek

johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Even Amazon prime usa is easy to get in uk.
Hulu tried it and within a few hours there was a workaround.
Don't you need a US billing address?
Old 20-09-2014, 00:52   #774
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Can't say it would bother me. From the limited amount I know (and care to know) I imagine they would lose a lot of customers who are happy to pay for service, even if the means of watching the shows breaks the terms license agreements. (I am not judging, each to their own and all that.) Can't see them knocking a pretty large amount of income from all over the world on the head.

Will be interesting to see what would happen if they did though.
Old 20-09-2014, 01:13   #775
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Don't you need a US billing address?
Kind of just use your login to log in to amazon.com you'll be offered a free 30 day prime trial take it it'll ask to confirm your card and zipcode for this say if your postcode was something like dy100xp you'd use the new york zip code of 10001 and so on. The zipcode you need will be the numbers in your postcode basically, then it will accept your card and you can start watching straight away.
That's how i did it anyway.
Old 22-09-2014, 12:36   #776
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Not sure if this article will interest anyone, I found that it did not really go to into enough detail regarding the headline, but the headline is an interesting proposition none the less. Unless they offer all the extras you get from dvds/blurays, I will stick mainly to blurays.

http://www.empireonline.com/features...aming-services
Old 22-09-2014, 16:35   #777
johnathome
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Not sure if this article will interest anyone, I found that it did not really go to into enough detail regarding the headline, but the headline is an interesting proposition none the less. Unless they offer all the extras you get from dvds/blurays, I will stick mainly to blurays.

http://www.empireonline.com/features...aming-services
I'd imagine if subscribers lost the ability to use a VPN then the people currently using it would collapse by quite a few million.

But 'binge watching' for me is the way to go. i did 12 eps of 24 on the trot the other day. it just seems so old fashioned to wait a week between each episode, and annoying.
Old 22-09-2014, 20:21   #778
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Remember this request is coming from a 3rd party supplier not the content owners. The way Netflix bosses seem to act in public makes me think they would be more then capable of telling this VoD supplier where to go.

Quickest solution would be is set up a service in Australia but I hear it is very hard to do anything down there with how monopolistic it is there with video and TV rights.
Old 22-09-2014, 20:52   #779
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Quickest solution would be is set up a service in Australia but I hear it is very hard to do anything down there with how monopolistic it is there with video and TV rights.
The rumors are that Netflix will launch in Australia next year.

http://www.zdnet.com/au/village-road...ia-7000030954/
Old 23-09-2014, 20:09   #780
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

PlayStation TV to launch November 14th in UK
Closed Thread