Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Sky Cinema and Entertainment UHD to launch

Old 25-02-2021, 10:49   #1
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads
Sky Cinema and Entertainment UHD to launch

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...ema-in-4k.html
Old 25-02-2021, 10:55   #2
daveoc14
cf.member

daveoc14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sky Cinema and Entertainment UHD to launch

Existing Ultimate Oomph customers have to pay for this. That seems very unfair.
daveoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 11:27   #3
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

It's says it's available to Ultimate Oomph customers at no extra cost

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...gh-definition1
Old 25-02-2021, 11:35   #4
daveoc14
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
It's says it's available to Ultimate Oomph customers at no extra cost

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...gh-definition1
The link says that NEW customers get it free of charge. I've gone to ondemand and it shows that if I want to watch a uhd movie I have to upgrade.
Old 25-02-2021, 11:40   #5
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveoc14 View Post
The link says that NEW customers get it free of charge. I've gone to ondemand and it shows that if I want to watch a uhd movie I have to upgrade.
For TV 360, I think it requires 4.30 firmware. Don’t know about V6.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 11:41   #6
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm an existing ultimate oomph subscriber and the 4k movies work for me using on ondemand. Doesn't really help you, but they are free for existing subscribers.
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 11:47   #7
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Says I need to upgrade when I select UHD movies in on demand. Maybe it depends when you signed up for Ultimate Oomph as does seem to clearly say new customers
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 11:54   #8
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Existing oomph customer and my box is only showing sky one in uhd at the moment and it says I need to subscribe
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 11:57   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Same here.
Old 25-02-2021, 11:59   #10
daveoc14
cf.member

UPDATE---I've just looked at my tv again and it's changed since first thing this morning. It now says I am subscribed to uhd movies and entertainment. I've tried playing a uhd movie and it works.
Old 25-02-2021, 12:03   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l just saw this online.

https://www.whathifi.com/us/news/vir...-entertainment

Quote:
The Sky Entertainment and Cinema Ultra HD bolt-on launches today and allows Virgin Media users access to over 1300 TV episodes and 250 films in stunning 4K. That includes Hollywood big-hitters such as Birds of Prey and Twist, and popular shows like The Blacklist and Seal Team.
Quote:
Existing Virgin Media subscribers will need to tack on an extra £6 per month to their direct debit to upgrade to Sky Entertainment and Cinema Ultra HD. You must already have the Sky Cinema addition on your package too.
Quote:
As is often the case, it's new customers who get the best deal. Those signing up afresh to Virgin Media's Ultimate Oomph maximum TV package will get the new Ultra HD content for free.
Old 25-02-2021, 12:07   #12
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

No Sky Atlantic?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 12:08   #13
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
No Sky Atlantic?
Lets not go down that road as we have been there before and its going around in circles.
Old 25-02-2021, 12:34   #14
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Existing oomph customer and my box is only showing sky one in uhd at the moment and it says I need to subscribe
Me too
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 12:48   #15
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Existing customers have to add the Sky Entertainment and Cinema UHD pack on for £6 a month.

It's only currently included in Ultimate Oomph for new customers.