Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | O2 joggler update

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Buying apps in android

Old 06-05-2012, 20:20   #1
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice
Buying apps in android

Ok, so bought the HTC one v yesterday. Getting used to the phone.

Previously used iPod touch for last 4 year's, so I am used to doing things like apple wanted me to.

Anyway. My question is.

With apple I could buy a app and sync it to 2 iPod touch devices.

With the HTC, if we had 2 of these would apps sync to both mobiles . Or would I have to buy the apps twice?
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2012, 20:25   #2
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack
Re: Buying apps in android

Same as apple the apps are linked to your google account, if he second phone is logged on with the account details then you should be able to download the app.

I have multiple phones on my google account ( all mine at one point) don't know how easy it is to change accounts on the phone never tried.

Jamie
jamiefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 20:25   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

If you use the same Gmail account on both Android devices i think you only purchase once, atleast that is what a Google search told me.

When you're logged into https://play.google.com/store and you buy an app or a free app it will pretty much instantly download to your Android device so none of this itunes crap.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 20:43   #4
tucker61
Inactive

tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

Great. Thanks for quick.replies.
Old 06-05-2012, 20:47   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker61 View Post
Great. Thanks for quick.replies.
On another note i recommend setting up Dropbox on your phone and pc it comes in VERY handy!
Old 06-05-2012, 21:13   #6
tucker61
Inactive

Never used Dropbox. Can't decide if I need it yet. Will have a proper read and think about it.

Could I put videos in it to stream over wifi?
Old 06-05-2012, 21:16   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

It is the easiest way to get things on and off the phone in my experience assuming you can use home wifi.
Old 06-05-2012, 21:20   #8
tucker61
Inactive

Ok, will have a look tonight. I suppose can't grumble with 25gb free storage.
Old 06-05-2012, 21:28   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

2GB free storage but you can easily get it up to around 5GB when you first sign up. I will have to get it up to around 25GB creating fake referrals.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:52   #10
tucker61
Inactive

One last question.

I have multi player apps on my old iPod.
If I buy the same apps on the android system. Can I multiplay versus the iPod touch. ?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:57   #11
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

According to Mashable, some can...

Some more examples from an Android Forum
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:26   #12
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
2GB free storage but you can easily get it up to around 5GB when you first sign up. I will have to get it up to around 25GB creating fake referrals.

You get 25GB free with the One X, once you have completed 4/5 steps setting up your new account so total storage is 27.5GB (+ any referrals) i assume it is the same for all versions of the One.
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:54   #13
tucker61
Inactive

Yes. Now got 25gb
Old 07-05-2012, 12:29   #14
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup dragon View Post
You get 25GB free with the One X, once you have completed 4/5 steps setting up your new account so total storage is 27.5GB (+ any referrals) i assume it is the same for all versions of the One.
That is good, i only got 3GB extra with my HTC Sensation and that says it expires next year.

Quote:
HTC Sense 3.5 promotion (expires 4/28/2013)
Old 07-05-2012, 18:16   #15
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have a Android phone and tablet, and only buy apps once, (they have the same login details).

The only exception is that some items on work on one of the devices.