Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New update causing games to crash?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

New update causing games to crash?

Old 01-09-2009, 12:51   #1
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
New update causing games to crash?

Yesterday I was playing Uncharted for a couple of hours without even the game having the smallest little crash, now today when I go to play it (after the new update had installed) the game crashed within 5 mins of loading it up twice. So, is it just me or is anyone else having problems?
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2009, 16:34   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: New update causing games to crash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Yesterday I was playing Uncharted for a couple of hours without even the game having the smallest little crash, now today when I go to play it (after the new update had installed) the game crashed within 5 mins of loading it up twice. So, is it just me or is anyone else having problems?
Right first thing to try is playing without being signed into the PSN. See if that works. If you need to be signed in turn off the new "Whats new" feature in the system setting's. It might not work but in one of the older updates there were the same problems with that scrolling news bar. Switching it off fixed the crashes till there was an update again. What model PS3 do you have to please ?

Be aware this might not help at all. I am just going on past experience with an old update that had similair problems with some games. Might be worth looking on the EU forums Cimt to see if anyone else is having the same problems to. There may be another work around by now.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 16:43   #3
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Update?

Am i missing somthing?
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 16:52   #4
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
Update?

Am i missing somthing?
Did you not hear that firmware 3.00 was due today ? 1st Sept. Couple new features like animated themes, BBC iPlayer intigrated into the XMB although only a link to the web player. News look friends system. Horrible gray ! though. All the icons have been made bigger. New startup logo which is the logo of the new PS3 slim. A whats new Feature on the XMB and a second PS store link in the games section of XMB with latest releases etc etc on it.

There's more stuff to but I cant remember it all. It was announced at Gamescom and released today.
Old 01-09-2009, 17:21   #5
cimt

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Right first thing to try is playing without being signed into the PSN. See if that works. If you need to be signed in turn off the new "Whats new" feature in the system setting's. It might not work but in one of the older updates there were the same problems with that scrolling news bar. Switching it off fixed the crashes till there was an update again. What model PS3 do you have to please ?

Be aware this might not help at all. I am just going on past experience with an old update that had similair problems with some games. Might be worth looking on the EU forums Cimt to see if anyone else is having the same problems to. There may be another work around by now.
People on DS have said that some games are now crashing on them. Anyways, I signed out of PSN and it seems to be working fine so far. I've got the 80GB PS3, the newer model with only 2 USB ports.
Old 01-09-2009, 17:37   #6
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
People on DS have said that some games are now crashing on them. Anyways, I signed out of PSN and it seems to be working fine so far. I've got the 80GB PS3, the newer model with only 2 USB ports.
If its working when your signed out then like I said chance's are its a similiar issue. Would of thought they learnt there lesson last-time. Guess not. Wouldn't worry to much though it will no doubt be patched within a couple days.
Old 01-09-2009, 18:07   #7
cimt

You may wanna ignore what I just said, it just crashed on me.
Old 27-09-2009, 14:51   #8
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I don't like the new stuff added by the latest firmware update, every time I turn my kit on it slaps me in the face with yet more advertising, the BBC iplayer keeps stalling and the music video thing is crippled by constant adverts. Oh well, that's my Sunday whine over with.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote